Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 2 Once again...

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

I was looking in itembuildr seeig if I got the -6 again but was surprised nobody kept the page open so it was only -5’d. I do, however, notice there are no items and no picture left for anybody to vote on. Did the all get eliminated.

And still it doesn’t like the broken system is Oll Korrect with the powers that be?

Ardent

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Srsly, this IS ****. My subs had 17 votes each, when some klan ****tards decided to downvote EVERYTHING.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Yeh, same.

And nice Andrew Johnson reference btw.

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Getting kind of sick of the downvoting thing, yeah.

All the same, I do believe that folks from CZ have mentioned that the problem is in consideration. I can see that finding a good, working solution takes time – look at all the discussions about it in this forum. I just wish the interim solution were better than “pick something at random and publish.”

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Neither of my submissions lasted to get a single upvote and on the last one, they both got only one. I did ok the first week of Itembuildr but rarely last to get a single choco scoop now. What the hell is so different in Itembuildr compared to Forumbuildr that the entire list can disappear before you can even see it?

Sure they all come out at once, but the downvoting is so much more pronounced it’s ridiculous.

Anyone support the idea of a system where you get one downvote per upvote? Crappy ideas still get eliminated, but people have to choose the better of 2. Something is going to be chosen, let’s make it less random people.

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

Dunatis Posted:

What the hell is so different in Itembuildr compared to Forumbuildr that the entire list can disappear before you can even see it?

My buildr score is just 7. I can enter 14 Forumbuildr submissions. I can only submit one Itembuildr submission. And that’s just me – consider folks with really big buildr scores. It’s just plain harder to downvote ALL the forumbuildr ideas, because there’s orders of magnitude more of them.

Dunatis Posted:

Anyone support the idea of a system where you get one downvote per upvote? Crappy ideas still get eliminated, but people have to choose the better of 2. Something is going to be chosen, let’s make it less random people.

I just can’t support the “earn your downvote” idea. There are still a lot of really crappy ideas out there – probably more than there are good ideas. Honest voters will pbum a lot, spamvoters will alternate their up/downs.

HuGGleS4EVer-
YoNE

Avatar: 11164 2010-02-17 20:44:46 -0500

[Island of Avalon]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Dunatis Posted:

Yep and I’d extend it to Forumbuildr. I would have once been against it, but I can’t see how it could be any worse than the current situation.

(My favoured option would be for CZ to start monitoring excessive downvoting and actively punishing the culprits. But that seems increasingly unlikely to happen as time goes on).

Invariel

Avatar: 14446 Thu Oct 23 18:38:00 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

I Wrote a Script and You Liked It

Your fourteen ForumBuildr submissions are spread out over the next forum, and any suggestions you have for future fora, across the entire week whereas you get to submit one item every two days and one image every two days.

Forums need a high number of enemies and thread text (even if you can’t read the text or see the enemies), but items require very little in terms of content.

Letting you submit fourteen ****ty thread ideas that might get picked is more beneficial to the game than letting you submit fourteen ****ty item ideas, one of which might get picked. Similarly, the game benefits more from fourteen good thread ideas over the course of one week rather than fourteen good item ideas, thirteen of which won’t get used immediately.

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

Invariel Posted:

Your fourteen ForumBuildr submissions are spread out over the next forum, and any suggestions you have for future fora, across the entire week whereas you get to submit one item every two days and one image every two days.

Forums need a high number of enemies and thread text (even if you can’t read the text or see the enemies), but items require very little in terms of content.

Letting you submit fourteen ****ty thread ideas that might get picked is more beneficial to the game than letting you submit fourteen ****ty item ideas, one of which might get picked. Similarly, the game benefits more from fourteen good thread ideas over the course of one week rather than fourteen good item ideas, thirteen of which won’t get used immediately.

And I’m not saying that having all those entries in Forumbuildr is bad (not here, anyway). The question asked what’s different about Itembuildr to make it something to treat differently. Check your math real quick. If I can submit two things every other day, that’s an average 7 submissions/week – the base Buildr score submission count, by chance or design.

And my buildr score is by no means high. I just started using forumbuildr a month ago. I’m constantly hearing about people who have dozens of submissions for Fbuilder (maybe a hundred? Did I hear that?) and while, sure, it’s spread over many areas, the simple fact is that hundreds of people with dozens of entries create thousands of entries to review. Sitting there and downvoting thousands of entries isn’t as practical as sitting there and downvoting hundreds or less of itembuildr entries. The latter is much more practical, especially since there’s a precise time at which to start nuking entries and know that you will get all of them.

Also, as I’ve said elsewhere, in several posts on this topic, I’m all in favor of shifting Itembuildr to a bigger turnaround. I’d be happy with 4 days to submit and three to vote, one item a week. I think that would encourage better ideas and give people time to make cool images instead of googling them, and maybe even give people enough time to actually READ the entries instead of going “I’ve seen that title before, downvote. Those three words aren’t funny, downvote. That title is neat, upvote!” It would be less hectic, produce better results, and we could eliminate downvoting without making users wade through all that many entries, comparatively.

So, all in all, I really don’t know why you seem to be taking issue with what I posted.

HuGGleS4EVer-
YoNE

Avatar: 11164 2010-02-17 20:44:46 -0500

[Island of Avalon]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Invariel Posted:

That’s fine in theory, but it doesn’t address the real problem of downvoting abuse. Unless that’s rectified, anything else is a side issue. Because I really don’t believe that every single item submission has been ****ty, not once but repeatedly.

The problem exists in Forumbuildr as well. The only difference is that the higher volume of submissions means it’s less stark.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

HuGGleS4EVerYoNE Posted:

That’s fine in theory, but it doesn’t address the real problem of downvoting abuse. Unless that’s rectified, anything else is a side issue. Because I really don’t believe that every single item submission has been ****ty, not once but repeatedly.

The problem exists in Forumbuildr as well. The only difference is that the higher volume of submissions means it’s less stark.

But in Forumbuildr you can submit ideas all throughout the week. Itembuildr its only ONCE for 24 hours.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

But in Forumbuildr I have a lot of submissions that could be completely removed by a few really quick downvotes. If there was any group trying to remove bad entries, they could often head to the back pages and start voting there since it’s arranged almost in order of highest votes anyways. It just seems a little suspicious that after a week and 14 submissions (Going for both peens) I’ve gotten only 3 choco scoops.

Maybe I’m a little egotistical, but I don’t think I’m that bad at ideas.

warjoke

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

also

alts are counted as one person, so if someone happens to really want to f*ck up your submission they can use several accounts to drag down the score.

Sex and Razo-
rs

Avatar: 44034 Sun Jan 25 21:14:16 -0500 2009

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

So how are the images and submissions in itembuildr picked when they are all -5’d? That last one to be downvoted, or is it picked at random?

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

2 hours in and there’s one 1 idea and 1 picture for today’s item. Brilliant guys.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Balloon Posted:

2 hours in and there’s one 1 idea and 1 picture for today’s item. Brilliant guys.

I hope like hell the picture gets replaced to. It has NOTHING to do with the description of the item.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

The idea’s dead already Log in to see images!

Jimbobbowilly

Avatar: 66036 Tue Mar 17 00:11:33 -0400 2009

Level 42 Emo Kid

Helped killing 250 jews by having gas - and being Hitler's ****. Likes double anal penetration.

Can a mod fix the description for the wrist tattoo when it goes out?

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Jimbobbowilly Posted:

Can a mod fix the description for the wrist tattoo when it goes out?

What’s wrong with it?

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Simple fix: eliminate downvoting on ItemBuildr. I’ll make a thread about it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!