Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Within This Thread: A Modest Proposal Regarding Your Electronic Penii.

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

That doesn’t really mean anything. I don’t have a male reproductive organ IRL, but I do want a long e-peen Log in to see images!

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I have a tiny peen, and do not like this proposal one bit.

The ridiculousness of e-peen goes perfectly fine with having a 30” long internet male reproductive organ. It doesn’t need to be “realistic” or “recentered” on an arbitrary length. Besides, even if all peens are multiplied by the same percentage, there will be some shift, if only from rounding… and the smaller peens get, the more important that rounding error will be for each of them.

Frankly, when anyone talks online about their male reproductive organ size, the rule of thumb is to divide by two and round down anyway. If you really want to screw with peens, do something really screwy. Change some peens to add girth and do the leaderboard by male reproductive organ volume. If the goal is to maintain an arbitrary peen limit and keep all relationships the same… as others have said, unnecessary and annoying.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Samildanach Posted:

I have a tiny peen, and do not like this proposal one bit.

The ridiculousness of e-peen goes perfectly fine with having a 30” long internet male reproductive organ. It doesn’t need to be “realistic” or “recentered” on an arbitrary length. Besides, even if all peens are multiplied by the same percentage, there will be some shift, if only from rounding… and the smaller peens get, the more important that rounding error will be for each of them.

Frankly, when anyone talks online about their male reproductive organ size, the rule of thumb is to divide by two and round down anyway. If you really want to screw with peens, do something really screwy. Change some peens to add girth and do the leaderboard by male reproductive organ volume. If the goal is to maintain an arbitrary peen limit and keep all relationships the same… as others have said, unnecessary and annoying.

The idea of girth and so on has been floated, and maybe down the road it could be revisited.

But I have to say, I’m often surprised at how conservative Flamebate posters claim to be when it comes to issues like this.

Yes, we’re thinking of standardizing it to what you’re calling an “arbitrary” range. Yet it’s more accurate to say that the current range is completely arbitrary, in that almost no thought went into the current numerical scheme.

Wouldn’t you rather be a part of a game and community that makes considered decisions about the aesthetics of such things, rather than cavalierly saying, “This is the way things are now, I enjoy this specific number for some reason, changing things is bad”?

I agree the huge numbers are somewhat funny. And I even said, we’ll get there again, or at least approach them, and it will remain funny. But hell, if this is a “game about trolling” (a claim I’ve denied many a time), isn’t it also funny to punish all you relative slackers with a substandard Peen size, while the true winners smirk at you from their John Holmesian perch?

Think about it.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Bigandtasty Posted:

That’s exactly it – even if the proportions are equal, if everyone has a different combination of peens how will the leaderboard positions stay exactly the same?

If it’s the exact same proportion the *every* peen in the system, it will be the same as reducing every player by exactly that proportion. If this is truly the case, the leaderboard will stay the same.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Bigandtasty Posted:

That’s exactly it – even if the proportions are equal, if everyone has a different combination of peens how will the leaderboard positions stay exactly the same?

Because we’re not adjusting the weight of individual Peens.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

spacekadt Posted:

If it’s the exact same proportion the *every* peen in the system, it will be the same as reducing every player by exactly that proportion. If this is truly the case, the leaderboard will stay the same.

Yes, that would be the case.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Wouldn’t you rather be a part of a game and community that makes considered decisions about the aesthetics of such things, rather than cavalierly saying, “This is the way things are now, I enjoy this specific number for some reason, changing things is bad”?

Honestly, I’d rather see the time and energy invested elsewhere… like *buildr, or dom. Change isn’t necessarily bad… but change for change’s sake when it’s gonna **** off most of your user base isn’t necessarily good.

The Baroness

Avatar: 111827 Sat Apr 25 22:25:53 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

spacekadt Posted:

Honestly, I’d rather see the time and energy invested elsewhere… like *buildr, or dom. Change isn’t necessarily bad… but change for change’s sake when it’s gonna **** off most of your user base isn’t necessarily good.

Exactly.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Considering how insanely easy this change is I have no problem with it at all.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

spacekadt Posted:

There’s no relation. You can propose changes to more than one area. Plus the time and energy is takes to change something like this (plug in a new formula) is infinitely less than it’ll take to fix Dom and buildr the way we want to.

Note that those changes will most likely **** off most of our user base as well. At least, superficially, and only for the first week or so.

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Fortunato Posted:

+ People should stop whining about everything.

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

The idea of girth and so on has been floated, and maybe down the road it could be revisited.

But I have to say, I’m often surprised at how conservative Flamebate posters claim to be when it comes to issues like this.

Yes, we’re thinking of standardizing it to what you’re calling an “arbitrary” range. Yet it’s more accurate to say that the current range is completely arbitrary, in that almost no thought went into the current numerical scheme.

Well, I don’t think conservative is bad in this context, for one. But, to refocus on arbitrary: The current total isn’t arbitrary. It’s determined by a very specific principle – the sum of all available peens as they are added. It’s variable, and will be altered as peens are added. It is a decision that requires no further re-definition to maintain its integrity, and I think it’s a fine decision in that light.

The choice to let e-peens be unbounded is arbitrary. There’s no particular necessity to operate with bounded or unbounded peens. However, having made the arbitrary decision to put bounds on peen length, there is a second, arbitrary decision on the bounds. That makes it a double-fine-upstanding-member-of-society sort of decision. Likewise, having rebounded it for a more “realistic” length, you’ll either have to go back to peen-shrinkage days to maintain that number, or else end up where we currently are anyway as more peens are added.

So, a “re-weighting” of peens now either leads back where we started, or to “whoops, a new peen was added: yours shrank!” bumhurt, or to having to re-evaluate peens at arbitrary times, with all the attendant bumhurt from the community.

Yes – and that’s why I’m considering this decision, and giving reasons why I feel it is a bad decision. People can disagree with you and still have reasons for their choices beyond kneejerk conservatism. Some people might be “cavalierly” going with the current system as you describe. Some could just as “cavalierly” like change for its own sake.

... Think about it.

I have. I just also disagree with you.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I really don’t care what my exact peen size is, but if you reduce everything once and sizes creep back up, aren’t you just going to need to keep doing this every time that happens? And if you do, are the individual peen gains you get as a new player going to be kind of depressingly tiny?

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Fortunato Posted:

Hell, me neither. It changes absolutely nothing I care for while taking little time to implement.

If this is an indication that changes like this will be announced in advance in the future I’m all for that as well. I’d still like traditional Peen count back, though. Maybe just on the profile page or whatever.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Samildanach Posted:

Besides, even if all peens are multiplied by the same percentage, there will be some shift, if only from rounding… and the smaller peens get, the more important that rounding error will be for each of them.

This could be fixed by adding a couple more decimal places to the end of the lengths.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

plk Posted:

I really don’t care what my exact peen size is, but if you reduce everything once and sizes creep back up, aren’t you just going to need to keep doing this every time that happens? And if you do, are the individual peen gains you get as a new player going to be kind of depressingly tiny?

It might be necessary. “Winter” comes but once a year.

At current rates, I think the gains per new Peen are actually way out of whack, and they’ll remain that way unless and until we rejig them.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I looked at the code last night during our meeting when we discussed this and it’s literally changing one number in one script. So don’t be concerned that it would take away from other projects Log in to see images!

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

MC Banhammer Posted:

This could be fixed by adding a couple more decimal places to the end of the lengths.

Yeah. That was a poorly chosen argument.

If they pick a percentage carefully, they can even keep the same significant digit count, I suppose. Off the top, however, I don’t know that all peens have a decently sized LCD.

Adding two significant digits for a .XX multiplier is fine, but the question then becomes whether another .YY reduction looms on the horizon, requiring two more invisible significant digits, and so on.

Edit: I hate catching little typos AFTER I submit.

Samildanach edited this message on 04/28/2009 2:26PM

Princezz_Und-
ies

Avatar: 121015 Mon Jan 19 16:50:27 -0500 2009

Level 35 Troll

She's so mean that instead of using deodorant she gargles disinfectant and licks her armpits

uh. i don’t think this is a good idea, at all. although my peen is pretty short, but i don’t think it’s fair with the others who have collected 20 inches and so. they worked for it, it’s a lot of work to collect all of that. also, if you are fine with people getting over 13’ again, what is the purpose of this whole action? i don’t see any reasons to do this.

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Its realistic enough, the average not crazy player is not going to get past 10” anyway.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!