Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Boobs An idea to make hackers a better clbum, and maybe some of the other clbumes as well.

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

ALSO A male reproductive organSUCKING ****WAD

So, the Hacker is supposed to be a master of all things computer and code. But, all that currently translates to is lame attacks and nothing truly interesting (sure the attacks are different visually, but…Log in to see images!. How about, and I know this sounds crazy, we enable them to use their 1337 5ki11z for something good for both themselves and the economy: compiling new Program Files.

Here’s how it could work:

1) Hacker takes X amount of program files (More files, greater success chance)

2) Hacker expends one forum visit to attempt coding a new file, consuming the existing moar files (dissecting them with cut and paste for usable code, if you need a thematic explanation)

3) Math occurs:

a) More moar files improves chances

b) Higher level improves chances

c) Luck (which in real life can be bad or good) can improve or hinder chances, with higher luck allowing more extreme values on both ends

d) Stats are randomly generated, but perhaps are influenced by moar file. Better quality moars helps select mods and influences them, perhaps

4) The new program file is ready for use or (drum roll) sale!

This could compliment the itembuildr generation system, and maybe use our existing wordtypes in combination with a Dwarf Fortress style name generator to create new moar files. (No, I don’t currently have a good idea for figuring out the description/picture, but the pic could be random from the database (or at least thematically close to the random name)...)

:::::WAIT, THERE’S MORE?:::::

This system could be used by other clbumes:

Camwhores could make movies (obvious thematic explanation), Trolls could make pictures (photoshopping male reproductive organs into things), Emos could make music (to reflect their sad souls), and Permanoobs could make dogreat timesents (Their abandoned, thesis dissertations, etc.)

So, yeah.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

This definitely has some merit. Consuming limited resources (visits) for the opportunity to create new game items is interesting.

But I think actually introducing a brand new game item into the mix should be extremely rare. The most common ‘good’ result should be creating an existing file of the same type.

Maybe if 1 out of 5000 successful ‘re-mixes’ resulted in a ‘token’ that could be redeemed in a special version of ItemBuildr, that would be more balanced.

Great idea.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

No one is going to utilize extremely limited visits just to make items.

I know I certainly wouldn’t, unless our visits got increased. Domination is more important.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

not to mention, although the idea is interesting and potentially quite fun, CZ superficially seems to want .moars to be collectible as themselves, with a discrete set of 256 available. This would mess that up.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Shii Posted:

No one is going to utilize extremely limited visits just to make items.I know I certainly wouldn’t, unless our visits got increased. Domination is more important.

Umm… Domination is only more important to those who care about Domination. Those who want varied gameplay and don’t give a **** about Dom might enjoy trading visits for options.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

DOPE-HARDCORE-0 Posted:

So, the Hacker is supposed to be a master of all things computer and code. But, all that currently translates to is lame attacks and nothing truly interesting (sure the attacks are different visually, but…Log in to see images!. How about, and I know this sounds crazy, we enable them to use their 1337 5ki11z for something good for both themselves and the economy: compiling new Program Files.

Here’s how it could work:

1) Hacker takes X amount of program files (More files, greater success chance)

2) Hacker expends one forum visit to attempt coding a new file, consuming the existing moar files (dissecting them with cut and paste for usable code, if you need a thematic explanation)

3) Math occurs:

a) More moar files improves chances

b) Higher level improves chances

c) Luck (which in real life can be bad or good) can improve or hinder chances, with higher luck allowing more extreme values on both ends

d) Stats are randomly generated, but perhaps are influenced by moar file. Better quality moars helps select mods and influences them, perhaps

4) The new program file is ready for use or (drum roll) sale!

This could compliment the itembuildr generation system, and maybe use our existing wordtypes in combination with a Dwarf Fortress style name generator to create new moar files. (No, I don’t currently have a good idea for figuring out the description/picture, but the pic could be random from the database (or at least thematically close to the random name)...)

:::::WAIT, THERE’S MORE?:::::

This system could be used by other clbumes:

Camwhores could make movies (obvious thematic explanation), Trolls could make pictures (photoshopping male reproductive organs into things), Emos could make music (to reflect their sad souls), and Permanoobs could make dogreat timesents (Their abandoned, thesis dissertations, etc.)

So, yeah.

Does this really matter? Is anyone going to use their limited visits on this? If you’re going for game realism, wouldn’t it be better to make the Camwhores not sTalk like males first?

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Fortunato Posted:

not to mention, although the idea is interesting and potentially quite fun, CZ superficially seems to want .moars to be collectible as themselves, with a discrete set of 256 available. This would mess that up.

This, plus we have itembuildr for more (Horrible made) items.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Umm… Domination is only more important to those who care about Domination. Those who want varied gameplay and don’t give a **** about Dom might enjoy trading visits for options.

The people who don’t play Dom don’t play the game. They sit in Flamebate and talk.

Incidentally, these people are the ones who aren’t interested in making new game items as well.

guest42

[Bargain Drug Wareh-
ouse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Shii Posted:

No one is going to utilize extremely limited visits just to make items.

I know I certainly wouldn’t, unless our visits got increased. Domination is more important.

Not everyone plays Domination. We don’t, for the most part. We’ll shoot for some medals while we go for streak peens, but if we could spend visits to create items, keep our streak, and pwn each new forum as it comes in, we would be happy for the trade, so long as it was worth as much as grinding for existing moars could be worth.

People with fifteen+ alts probably wouldn’t mind giving up a few alts worth of visits to possibly make new things. There are also plenty of people who already aren’t spending visits and are just letting them go to waste. If there was a faster way to use them, they may be inclined to try.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

I personally have three alts that I never use any visits for.

With some tweaking, this type of idea (at least the trading visits for something else) has potential

guest42

[Bargain Drug Wareh-
ouse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Shii Posted:

The people who don’t play Dom don’t play the game. They sit in Flamebate and talk.

Incidentally, these people are the ones who aren’t interested in making new game items as well.

We don’t play Dom, but we’re playing the game. We’re playing the ‘acgreat timesulate Flezz’ game, because the ‘spend your week getting ready for five minutes on Wednesday’ game (aka Dom) isn’t that much fun when you aren’t there for those five minutes on Wednesday.

If there were new, different ways to make items (aka money), we’d be interested in trying them out.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Shii Posted:

The people who don’t play Dom don’t play the game. They sit in Flamebate and talk.Incidentally, these people are the ones who aren’t interested in making new game items as well.

That’s just patently untrue. It’s your opinion, but it’s not true.

I, for example, have goals for myself. If I think I have a chance at Dom in a given week as I pursue those goals, I’ll play it. But if I don’t, I won’t. And yet, I’m still playing the game.

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I thought after dragon balls, then master balls this game was as easy as it could get Log in to see images!

nicksdrago0

Level 28 Hacker

“1337”

i like the idea of this. from a newbie point of view, this could certaintly lead to a big decision. use up one of your precious forum visits to make what could be a brillent or useless item, or spend it continuing the storyline or earning some extra flezz. and a small note about domination: not everyone plays it. im perfectly happy reading flamebait, playing the actual game and ocbumionaly playing INCIT for some good laughs. the scoops are more of a small bonus to me.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

EVECHARM Posted:

if you want to do a item creator, don’t make it take the place of a existing equipment slot, give it a new one.

Yeah, because Hackers don’t suck enough yet.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

It’s not the visit part, it’s CZ taking the time to build over at least one hundred, new .moars. And the time to code this system just to put more crappy/overpowered items into the FWZ system.

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

CrinkzPipe Posted:

It’s not the visit part, it’s CZ taking the time to build over at least one hundred, new .moars. And the time to code this system just to put more crappy/overpowered items into the FWZ system.

I think that’s the real problem. The output would either be useless at endgame, or overpowered.

I’m all for making all the clbumes more interesting and customized, but I think that’s part of the thread combat revamp more than finding new ways to sink Visits into advantages on other visits.

LordMorbid

[Fallen Knights Hon-
or Guard
]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I think letting hackers compile files could be a good idea, especially when you consider how few types of program files exist at the moment, but I have concern about how well this would be balanced out. Also, would these files be compiled to upgrade to a better,existing program file, or a new one entirely?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!