Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock Klan Raiding - completely reimagined

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

teh Ardent bumhedz Posted:

I suggest we disable the switcherooo so that people have to actually earn each kind, rather than just screwing around with pistachios and winningLog in to see images!

Switcheroos are a good idea, if anything Pistachio needs to be nerfed.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

The only thing I don’t like are these “special items” bonuses. Either it’s gonna be terribly overpowered (read: no) or it’s gonna give advantage as minor as +2-5 offense (read: not worth it).

The simple solution would be adding your current equipment (at least .moars) to public profile so people could brag those “klan” .moars and painfully gained Dakota Fanning (lol). The actual idea behind .moar are fetishes (as far as I could see it) which are clearly supposed to be “public”.

Collectors screens go well with these too – basically the same coding part.

Everything else is amazing, GJ scully.

Robert James-
Fischer

Avatar: 43618 Wed Jul 08 18:15:24 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

World Chess Champion

I want this because it is awesome. Also it addresses pistachio and chocolate which need addressing so even if that cherry stuff is too much work, the other suggestions should be considered.

Courtney

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

My personal issue with your idea is that it does not sound like it would be much fun.

Sure, it’s a compromise of sorts, but a boring one. Especially for a small klan that would rather focus on spending their time playing a game well rather than mindlessly recruiting bodies just to rack up “klan scoops.” Yawn.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Courtney Posted:

My personal issue with your idea is that it does not sound like it would be much fun.

Sure, it’s a compromise of sorts, but a boring one. Especially for a small klan that would rather focus on spending their time playing a game well rather than mindlessly recruiting bodies just to rack up “klan scoops.” Yawn.

Is dom even fun as it currently is?

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Is dom even fun as it currently is?

There are moments when things could go either way in the 5 minutes before the end of the round when it can get very interesting, but they’re rare, and it’s alot of effort to reach that point.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

Upvoted.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

scully Posted:

Perhaps you should talk to Ricket and see who he thinks would hit a good reward first BoD or WeChall.

WeChall probably. I don’t really know why a klan would want to raid under the system you’ve proposed. Where’s the part where my klan works as a team, and gains a meaningful advantage in a given round? It just seems grindy and boring, honestly. Am I missing the awesomeness somewhere here?

scully Posted:

– Separate the clbumes on the speed boards. (This would also be the first step to eliminating the stupid 1, 2, 1, 2 crap since clbumes wouldn’t need to be comparatively equal.)

– Keep the 5 alts per week rule.

I think these are fine suggestions.

scully Posted:

- Pistachio loops – ok this is kind of radical, but cap pistachio delivering loops at 68 forums.

Anti-signing this, as high end pistachio loops are the only way I’ve been able to gather any medals recently. It isn’t simply the level of destruction going on in my bracket, but the fact that I’m really at a numbers disadvantage here by not being in BF or GGM. When half people in a bracket are working together, high volume scoops at the last second are really the only way to stand a chance.

scully Posted:

- Chocolate scoops. Either implement one of the ideas restricting the way submissions work or just slap a cap on the scoops earned. The buildr utilities are a cool concept. As soon as they are meshed with the weekly competitive aspect of Dom there is a different motivation for playing. It lessens the quality of buildr, it leaves everything open to name calling and finger pointing.

Caps and other artificial restrictions on the way submissions can be used will stifle creativity, imho. And I really don’t think the quality of buildr has been lessened.

scully Posted:

It is unreasonable that I have the ability to submit 27 ideas and earn scoops from all of them and that the number I am able to submit will likely keep climbing ensuring that a newer player can never possibly hope to complete.

I’d much prefer a change in the way buildr score increases/decreases, such as a bell curve with a range from +7 to -7, dependent on how all your ideas managed to do over the week (or perhaps your ratio of upvotes and downvotes compared to the average). The insurmountable buildr scores are really only an issue because everyone’s can only increase by 2 each week. The genuinely good buildrs will rise to the top of a system like this.

scully Posted:

Dom cards.

You addressed the issues here perfectly. I think the range you’ve proposed for the bumhole is good, as I’ve always bumumed the increase back to 10 was to deal with the high level of klan vanilla scoops. For the stray bullet, I’d suggest having it only work 50% of the time. It is a stray bullet, after all.

scully Posted:

Vanilla. Leave solo as it is.

I don’t agree with this, largely for the same reason I agree with the bumhole change. I think the vanilla change was done to combat high klan raid yields, which no longer exist.

Holy ****, this is a lot of quoting and typing.

Ricket edited this message on 04/28/2009 6:40AM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Courtney Posted:

Hmmm. It is very like regular raiding with some added raid milestones. You’ve said you enjoy and miss old klan raiding. I’m confused how this is less fun, since you could do old style raiding within the structure if that is what you enjoy most.

I believe you miss the point, it is not meant to be a compromise, but rather an alternative. One that could legitimately be skipped by uninterested players who simply wanted to play Dom for the medals. It falls within the Dom structure, but pbuming on it would have less impact on a Dom player than skipping playing INCIT. It is intended to be a klan activity for the sake of being a klan activity, it is not meant to increase a klan players chance at medaling.

I do think it is interesting that you think playing the game with others involves “mindlessly recruiting bodies”, but think that stables of alts for the same effect is playing the game well. They are two sides of the same coin, they always have been.

EDIT: And to Ricket as well. It is simply not an idea to help you earn medals. Perhaps I shouldn’t have posted it in Domination, but as it uses so much of the framework it seemed the most logical place.

EDIT again: Perhaps WeChall could hit a reward level first, but as they have their earned scoops to divide among 600 members instead of a base of 20 or so, I do think a smaller focused klan would be rewarded more quickly. Honestly, I based a lot of my math on what I thought BoD could do if they wanted to, it’s funny that you all think others would do better.

scully edited this message on 04/28/2009 6:46AM

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

I like a lot of these ideas. Klan raiding, when it’s not mandatory to win medals, can be kind of fun at times. Side game klan scoops are a definite yes from me.

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

I like many of these ideas. I especially like the idea of cutting the switcheroo and forcing scoops in all columns to be earned. These changes could be enough to bring me back to dom after a long break. I’ll post more thoughts after work.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

I’m letting the idea roll around in my head.

My initial reaction is excitement. The biggest feature for me is that is gives people who aren’t interested in staying home at dom end (me) a reason to raid again. I’m not sure anyone else cares about long term goals in a community setting. Do the people who got Super-Chai feel like it was rewarding? Is the fact that cherry will be a shared goal enough to create more grinders? (I don’t have Super-Chai.) All in all, I care far more about raiding being worthwhile to people who don’t care for dom than “fixing” dom.

I’m in favor of the change (cherry) that would affect me. The rest of the incredibly well thought out suggestion seems to be a very big improvement that still doesn’t fix the thing which irritates me most: having to be present at the end of dom in order to compete. I’m planning on banking scoops every time I get them just to avoid domination.

I’m a tad worried that the megaklan advantage would make rewards trivial for some klans and nearly unobtainable for others. However, given that klan size changes, I’m not sure there is a good solution. One idea: use a multiplier when cherry scoops are banked that is inversely proportional to klan size at that moment. Gameable, though. Perhaps base the multiplier on the highest number of active players in the klan during the previous week. Something like

Scoops Banked * y = Scoops added to klan total, where y = 10/number of klan members

But, you know, better. And balanced. Eh, I’m just hoping out loud now. Table’d be easier to figure out. Multiplier needs a floor somewhere.

markchd edited this message on 04/28/2009 7:55AM

Auser

Avatar: 89481 Thu Feb 26 14:58:28 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

Just south of sanity

Christ no offence but all that looks so complicated and intimidating I might stick to solo play Log in to see images!

Maybe i’m just tired. I’ll read it again later

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

I agree with Auser and will add that without incentive to win rewards for myself I would not do this. It’s as simple as that.

Either way dom needs an overhaul, since all that matters right now is having a high streak and running at the last ten minutes, at least without klan vanilla.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

scully Posted:

I think it is interesting that you have no problem with scoop control in any area except your preferred area of play. I guess we can agree to differ on that. I simply think that things that will automatically exclude newer players from being competitive regardless of effort are bad for the game. 6 months or a year from now, if left as is, the top buildr people won’t need to do anything except play buildr in order to win at Dom. That seems silly.

Why is that interesting? Throughout my little rant I made no effort to try to hide the fact that I do a lot of Forumbuildr.

And guess WHY I do a lot of Forumbuildr? Because it’s good for Dom. Saying that it’s interesting I have no issue with scoop control is also a completely untrue fact, when I stated several times that I feel there should be FEWER caps on EVERYTHING.

I told you I didn’t support your cap on pistachio, I don’t like anything being capped. Quit putting words in my mouth.

And also, after a certain while, the effectiveness of multiple submissions goes down anyway. You can’t honestly think that my last 10 submissions are going to be as funny/good as my first 10, right?

I only have SO MUCH creativity, after all. I think the fact that plk has 85+ Buildr score and still “can’t just play Buildr to win dom” proves the point that chocolate isn’t going to be breaking dom any time soon.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

ChilePepino Posted:

interesting that you ****ed about vanilla being over-powered for klan raiders, because you can’t work on a group, but having chocolate uncapped seems fine.

On topic, I like these ideas, would make the endgame interesting again.

Don’t EVEN compare chocolate to klan vanilla. On an incredible week I MIGHT get 200 chocolates. That’s not even remotely comparable to the amount klan raiders used to get in a SINGLE RAID.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Shii Posted:

Don’t EVEN compare chocolate to klan vanilla. On an incredible week I MIGHT get 200 chocolates.

That’s because you don’t work in areas where you might get a lot of chocolate. It’s a known fact that people avoid most of the written buildr content because it’s simply too much to vote at.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Fran Posted:

That’s because you don’t work in areas where you might get a lot of chocolate. It’s a known fact that people avoid most of the written buildr content because it’s simply too much to vote at.

I spent weeks doing Forum Ideas, using up to half my submissions on them. Typically that’s where people claim the most chocolate is.

Except, that’s bumuming you’re good at writing forum ideas. I’m very much not, so I stick to the areas I am good at.

But if plk and Bashy who both utilize the big numbers of chocolate to their fullest in forum ideas still have difficulty medaling even WITH pistachio streaks, clearly chocolate isn’t as broken as you guys think it is.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

Shii Posted:

I spent weeks doing Forum Ideas, using up to half my submissions on them. Typically that’s where people claim the most chocolate is.

Except, that’s bumuming you’re good at writing forum ideas. I’m very much not, so I stick to the areas I am good at.

But if plk and Bashy who both utilize the big numbers of chocolate to their fullest in forum ideas still have difficulty medaling even WITH pistachio streaks, clearly chocolate isn’t as broken as you guys think it is.

plk gets a lot of chocolate because she has a really big buildr score and can simply flood buildr with submissions. Bashy is a good writer for the mbumes, the number of forums he created explains that very well.

Back when I would work on making buildr logos, I reaped a good 50 scoops per week. I didn’t try doing icons yet, but I believe I could do just as well there.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!