Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 I am enjoying this theme

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

I think 3 scoops is a good amount. There are some large piles on the table for some players right now, but in fairness, it’s been a p competitive bracket on the top, with no giant advantage for klannies over soloers for the time being. I’m having a good time.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

i agree, th 3 scoop theme iz awesome, should be kept, IMO.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I don’t believe that anyone outside of BF or GGM is enjoying this theme, but I am glad you are having fun.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

I have been meaning to make a thread proposing that klan raiding is detrimental to domination. I will wait until Wednesday to make it.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

scully Posted:

I don’t believe that anyone outside of BF or GGM is enjoying this theme, but I am glad you are having fun.

This is my impression as well.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Fortunato Posted:

it’s been a p competitive bracket on the top

There are many more brackets than just the top one.

iIRZ

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

iIRZ is a funny fine upstanding member of society, which is to say that he did WTC and your mom

thanks for the update bro

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

MC Banhammer Posted:

There are many more brackets than just the top one.

There are also far fewer brackets where people actually play.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Largehardoncollider Posted:

Fewer brackets than the top one?

Now you’ve lost me.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

The over-powerful bumhole limits the effectiveness of the raid, in my opinion. Any benefit any players had in the top bracket from raids has already been cut back down to a 100 total scoop-ish area thanks to a few bumholes from several players.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Largehardoncollider Posted:

Especially this week, when the huge amounts of scoops someone in a lower bracket can get almost immediately via klan raiding is a tremendous disincentive to play for people who don’t have klans (particularly if they don’t want to waste their streaks, so they don’t even use visits.)

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

Especially this week, when the huge amounts of scoops someone in a lower bracket can get almost immediately via klan raiding is a tremendous disincentive to play for people who don’t have klans (particularly if they don’t want to waste their streaks, so they don’t even use visits.)

I can get a tremendous amount of scoops when solo running combined with weekly antifreeze. People who have a little knowledge of solo running can manage a number of scoops big enough to scare newbies.

Fran edited this message on 04/28/2009 1:07AM

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Fran Posted:

I can get a tremendous amount of scoops when solo running combined with weekly antifreeze. People who have a little knowledge of solo running can manage a number of scoops big enough to scare newbies.

Like here. This was when we had fun with buildr Log in to see images!

Newbies != unklanned oldfabulous persons

This week is really overpowered for klan raiders. Excessively so. One good raid makes a bracket generally go offensive… which is p damn pointless for solo players to do if they want medals making it something of a wash.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

scully Posted:

this.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

spacekadt Posted:

Newbies != unklanned oldfabulous persons

This week is really overpowered for klan raiders. Excessively so. One good raid makes a bracket generally go offensive… which is p damn pointless for solo players to do if they want medals making it something of a wash.

I’m not disagreeing on that. The week is indeed overpowered for raiders, and I’m talking that as being a raider.

But saying klan raiding is the ONLY reason that makes newbies go offensive, or worse, drive away from Domination, is being extremely delusional. How many newcomers are on the top 10 brackets? Killing klan raiding didn’t attract a lot of new people to Domination. It evened the playing field for people who play solo, but that’s about it.

I believe the reason for tha is the lack of reason to play after you finished Episode 2, plus newbies seeing huge amount of scoops on their brackets even after they medal. 100 scoops is not really a lot for us oldfabulous persons, but for someone who just starting playing and got a medal or 2 it might be a LOT. And you can build that in 1 solo run.

[rant] It seriously makes me feel like most people don’t want a fair game where it comes down to correct card playing and down to the very last second. Solo raiders want every advantage they can get, and raiders want every advantage they can get. Apparently some people who post on these forums won’t be happy until they can get 3 medals every week. [/rant]

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

The klan raiding has made it tougher in some of the brackets. I will probably only get 11 medals this week instead of the 13 I would have without the theme. Those solos who were around during the really overpowered raid days can’t really look at this as more than a speed bump.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Fran Posted:

I’m not disagreeing on that. The week is indeed overpowered for raiders, and I’m talking that as being a raider.

But saying klan raiding is the ONLY reason that makes newbies go offensive, or worse, drive away from Domination, is being extremely delusional. How many newcomers are on the top 10 brackets? Killing klan raiding didn’t attract a lot of new people to Domination. It evened the playing field for people who play solo, but that’s about it.

Emphasis mine… and it’s kinda the point people are trying to make.

Fran Posted:

I believe the reason for tha is the lack of reason to play after you finished Episode 2, plus newbies seeing huge amount of scoops on their brackets even after they medal. 100 scoops is not really a lot for us oldfabulous persons, but for someone who just starting playing and got a medal or 2 it might be a LOT. And you can build that in 1 solo run.

Newbies are going to be in lower brackets, likely without klan raiders. Newbies really aren’t the issue here. Most of the solo players are forced to go offensive – or just not give a **** – this week. If these changes became permanent, we’re going to have few large klans dominating the medal counts. While klan raids should certainly have an advantage, they shouldn’t shut out the solo players (or small klans for that matter).

Fran Posted:

[rant] It seriously makes me feel like most people don’t want a fair game where it comes down to correct card playing and down to the very last second. Solo raiders want every advantage they can get, and raiders want every advantage they can get. Apparently some people who post on these forums won’t be happy until they can get 3 medals every week. [/rant]

Are you really saying that cards and last second play are what make dom fair? How about the European folks who can’t stay up for dom.. why is it fair for them to get screwed time and time again just because dom has become a last second game? I actually remember the days when some of my klannies could actually medal here and there in dom… that we’ve lost some damn fine players really kinda sucks.

It makes me feel ill that certain people are ok with being able to completely shut people out of the game just so they have a better chance at medals. It’s boring… and it gets old fast. Variety and competition is good.

spacekadt edited this message on 04/28/2009 3:04AM

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

spacekadt Posted:

Are you really saying that cards and last second play are what make dom fair? How about the European folks who can’t stay up for dom.. why is it fair for them to get screwed time and time again just because dom has become a last second game? I actually remember the days when some of my klannies could actually medal here and there in dom… that we’ve lost some damn fine players really kinda sucks.

It makes me feel ill that certain people are ok with being able to completely shut people out of the game just so they have a better chance at medals. It’s boring… and it gets old fast. Variety and competition is good.

I do want to see a change or rotating the end times, namely because for this semester I’ll never be able to be here on dom end times because I have clbum. But I wanted to see that before I chose to shut myself down for dom. I do want to see variations at dom, and that’s why I like theme weeks so much!

That rant was not directed at you, but at the people who tend to whine on the forums for every single change they make at domination. You’re always trying to come up with solutions for every Dom problem, and I like that. It was just a rant because I was frustrated. Log in to see images!

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

then 2 scoops per 12 perhaps. 3 is maybe a bit much. However, raids are a bit harder to organize now, are shorter by their nature, and in competitive brackets, don’t represent an unbeatable advantage, as shii is demonstrating. I should note that this is the first week since the stray bullet came out that there are scoops on the table in the top bracket, and that alone is a positive change in my eyes.

On the current overpowered-’stache system, all I had to do was have a 60+ streak and wait until the last 10 minutes to run my visits, and I was practically guaranteed at least one medal, maybe two if my streak was high enough and that’s lame.

If our new question is “how do we keep people from getting scared away in brackets below the top while keeping the game interesting for people who know how to play” then I think we’re not going to find an easy answer. Attacks are powerful right now and we need a method to put a lot of scoops on the table to make sure that everything doesn’t get blown away. Also newbies are always going to get scared off by experienced dommer’s scoop piles.

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

Fortunato Posted:

then 2 scoops per 12 perhaps. 3 is maybe a bit much. However, raids are a bit harder to organize now, are shorter by their nature, and in competitive brackets, don’t represent an unbeatable advantage, as shii is demonstrating.

Shii did raid along with some of the BoD members in a temporary klan.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!