Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games Who here will admit to actually liking Forumwarz?
Poll: Do you like Forumwarz?
You must be logged in to vote.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone on this entire site ever say that it was a good game, at least not in recent memory, yet here we all are.

So I’ll be the first to say that for all of it’s problems, it’s better than a lot of crap out there and not a complete waste of my time. I even like it enough to get out of the Lurker mode I’ve used my entire internet life.

Gold Star for effort guys, keep up the good work.

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

Dunatis Posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone on this entire site ever say that it was a good game, at least not in recent memory, yet here we all are.

So I’ll be the first to say that for all of it’s problems, it’s better than a lot of crap out there and not a complete waste of my time. I even like it enough to get out of the Lurker mode I’ve used my entire internet life.

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

forumwarz is a good game, but there is a lot of room for improvement. generally, people on this site tend to focus on the latter part.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

utter ****

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

I enjoy it.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Voted “used to be good” option, as the game had a lot of potential in the beginning.

The main problems with Forumwarz is it’s extremely linear nature, as well as the the use of gimmicks to occupy us between episodes, rather than new, game-related content.

I don’t mind the linear, mission oriented gameplay (although, CZ could push to make a more “sandbox” environment), but it’s the linear character development system that ****s up the fun. Early on, it DOES seem open to customization, but once you get the hang of it, it pretty much becomes “max out upkeep/frugality, learn all abilities, pump some ego, pump offense/defense”. There’s no room for ‘specialized builds’.

Also, grinding the same forums over and over again gets old; fast. But rather than small amounts of new, periodic ‘filler’ content between episodes, they keep creating gimmicks like contests and Itembuildr. “Falcon****er” was exactly the kind of update that CZ needs to do, but it’s been one of the only attempts at such that they’ve made.

Also, the achievement system (E-Peen) used to be really cool (coming from somebody who, for awhile, had the most available E-Peen), but CZ just keeps making gimmick Peen after gimmick Peen. CZ should be introducing Peen that gets people to play the game, not using them like “Scooby-Snacks” styled rewards. “Collected X (different) pairs of shoes.” “Had 100,000/250,000/500,000/1,000,000/10,000,000/etc. at one time.” “This player is good/evil.” Those are ways that peen can be used to encourage people to keep playing.

Speaking of good/evil, CZ shouldn’t be leaving their ideas untouched. Good/evil doesn’t do anything right now. Early, Trout talked about “factions” that you could join, but the idea hasn’t been explored yet. I realize that there have only been two episodes so far, but these are two ideas that could be developed even BETWEEN episodes.

Anyways, that’s it for me.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 04/22/2009 12:44AM

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I totally agree with the bumertion that “more things like the Falcon****er quest” are something that the game desperately needs. When you’re done with the main plot, there just aren’t enough external influences to motivate you to do things. All of the endgame content is self-driven, things like “I want to acquire medals”, “I want more peen”, or “I want this item/lots of flezz.” It would be nice to have a bunch of things that are just “this NPC tells you to do something, you can get a reward for it.”.

How long does something like the Falcon****er quest take to create anyway? It seems like all you’d need is two STalk conversations, a task (ideally one that can’t be done in one or two days, a week or two is a good length), and some sort of unique reward. I can’t imagine that requiring a huge amount of development, but I could be wrong.

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

The game is utter **** and I hate Evil Trout.

Fake edit: the other way round, ET is utter **** and I hate Forumwarz.

Fake edit 2: Alright alright, that was a lie, I like both FW and ET.

Edit: Why would you even start this thread? In Game Discussion of all places.

Healbot edited this message on 04/22/2009 5:10AM

The Jagged R-
ock Fondler

Avatar: 97179 Mon Mar 23 17:25:01 -0400 2009

[bumhurt Virgins]

Level 28 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

I love Forumwarz,i even love the virgins who frequent flamebate and troll up IDC!

RebirthThom

Avatar: 18189 Sat Dec 20 10:58:29 -0500 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 Posted:

CZ should be introducing Peen that gets people to play the game, not using them like “Scooby-Snacks” styled rewards. “Collected X (different) pairs of shoes.” “Had 100,000/250,000/500,000/1,000,000/10,000,000/etc. at one time.” “This player is good/evil.” Those are ways that peen can be used to encourage people to keep playing.

This is exactly what I’ve wanted for a while, and while they may take a while to get, it’s better than having nothing to work on, at the moment, I’m going for whatever the last Job Points one is (Chai as a Kite?), after that, I’m not really sure what I’ve got left to get, aside from Dom. and stuff. I hope this gets taken on board.

Daniel Plain-
view

Avatar: 88291 Thu Apr 23 15:39:59 -0400 2009

[Arse Ticklers fabulous persons Fanclub]

Level 47 Emo Kid

I look at people and I see nothing worth liking.

The game is tedious as hell. I’m only around to have fun on IDC and Flamebate. The actual gaming aspects of the game are like chores to me.

Joel Gertner

Level 23 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

I enjoyed the game till it ran out of reasonable content. I simply don’t care enough to level moar.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

I enjoy dom. I’m fairly good at it. JB has a good sense of humor and is an excellent writer.

User driven content upgrades, though good in spirit, don’t usually produce good content.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Where is the “gameplay mechanics are boring thusly repetitive so I play the game from time to time but stick around for the community” option?

That’s the only thing I could vote for. The game is, at this point, a novelty. It’s a good novelty but mechanically it’s very simple and gets boring quickly especially when you try to grind for items/money or run multiple characters who have to do the exact same things.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I think the CZ team will be the first to admit there’s a lot of room for improvement. At any given time we have a huge list of what to tackle next.

The problem is that we’re a really small team, so it takes a long time to get things done. In fact, I don’t think there’s a single suggestion in this thread that we don’t plan to do, it’s just an issue of prioritization and scheduling.

It might look easy from the outside, but it’s really hard to please everyone Log in to see images!

MercWithMouth

Avatar: 150029 2009-09-15 13:35:36 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 35 Hacker

Verbose and long-winded as always

Dunatis Posted:

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

Lol. It’s a good game. There are certain counter-intuitive criteria that need to be fulfilled before you can appreciate it properly, sure. But that’s legitimately part of the appeal. Log in to see images!

LeeroyNorris

Level 14 Permanoob

“/b/tard ”

At some point it gets utterly,master boring Log in to see images!

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Evil Trout Posted:

I think the CZ team will be the first to admit there’s a lot of room for improvement. At any given time we have a huge list of what to tackle next.

The problem is that we’re a really small team, so it takes a long time to get things done. In fact, I don’t think there’s a single suggestion in this thread that we don’t plan to do, it’s just an issue of prioritization and scheduling.

It might look easy from the outside, but it’s really hard to please everyone Log in to see images!

Then stop playing Xbox and get to work. Log in to see images!

Also, I agree with TUBS, the only reason I really stick around is the community.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

Where is the “gameplay mechanics are boring thusly repetitive so I play the game from time to time but stick around for the community” option?

That’s the only thing I could vote for. The game is, at this point, a novelty. It’s a good novelty but mechanically it’s very simple and gets boring quickly especially when you try to grind for items/money or run multiple characters who have to do the exact same things.

Thanks for saving my keyboard a little.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I would certainly like to see some changes, but of course I like it. Anyone who has bothered to hang on a site for months and doesn’t like something about it has really weird ideas about how to spend free time.

Auser

Avatar: 89481 Thu Feb 26 14:58:28 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

Just south of sanity

The only reason I pwn forums is for dom and the real reason I stick around is my klan and to a lesser and lesser extent the community. Since all the good posters get banned or leave in the end

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!