Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Petition to remove Special Items from itembuildr

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Today we got the first Hacker item, with the following stats:

* Max Processing Power +52
* Offense +8
* Defense +8
* Luck +5

Unfortunately, it’s a special item, much less powerful than either of the balls. The odds of a hacker buying this, if they can afford either of the others, is slim.

The stats also would make for an interesting decision for hackers IMO: Discared the extra offense/defense/luck from a Beast0r in exchange for the extra PP? Do it more than once? As is, it’s not a choice. You take it if you don’t have a better special item, end of decision.

Special items should be special and relatively unique, and not ubiquitous. Request removal of that category in itembuildr.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

I think the same goes for the Death Clock, it was supposed to be a piercing/tattoo but was clbumified as a Special Item.

Soulbright

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Yeah, I have the other special items, so I see no reason that I would buy this.

Request removal of special items from builder as well.

*signed*

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

I agree. Special Items should be manually created by ET/JB, not randomly introduced.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

dudes, i honestly think itembuildr needs to be scrapped or rethought, the items do not fit with the rest of the game

The Baroness

Avatar: 111827 Sat Apr 25 22:25:53 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

Good idea imo. Wouldn’t buy it. Besides, 50something PP isn’t that much anyway. I would like to see something that significantly increases my PP. Maybe a picture file or something.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

at least make it only possible in increments of 5 for all stats, so at least its something like the other wquipment…ice said it a ton of times, its pretty ugly as it is it just doesnt fit

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

I’ll actually be buying the item (even if my suggestion doesn’t win), if only for the luck boost. I already rotate a good portion of my equipment for charisma and luck, why not the Special slot too?

Beyond that mediocre luck bump… I don’t know. I won’t be using it for forums.

I think right now, there’s no competing with Master Balls (or Headsets, if you can manage to buy them), for that Special slot. If, on the other hand, Itembuildr crossbreeds more Special items, there might eventually be more choices to think about in that slot. IIRC, the new algorithm crossbreeds items, so one day there might be a weakened MB that also boosts PP/what-have-you by enough to give you pause. If that happens for each clbum, eventually that might cease to be the MasterBall/Headset Slot. If Special Items are kicked out of rotation, though, the situation will pretty much stagnate. I thought the whole point of Itembuildr was to create some interesting options beyond the current “best build”, eventually.

Let’s face it – most of the items Itembuildr churns out are going to be worse than something pre-existing for the same slot, and most of them are going to be skipped by everyone but collectors, completists, and the shortsighted. If we want to retool itembuildr overall, I’d be behind that, but I don’t think locking down Special Items is where it’s at.

As I usually point out when talking seriously, though, I am a mbumive noob, so my opinions are to be taken with a grain of salt.

Runox

[Screw Being Social-
Im My Own Klan
]

Level 35 Hacker

Agreed. To be totally honest, all of the itembuildr items are pretty worthless… if you have the high end of all of the tiems, you pretty much have no need for these. And any of the special items gives way too huge of a boost for their price.

*steals the pen, and signs his hame as he throws the pen in the air*

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Samildanach Posted:

I’ll actually be buying the item (even if my suggestion doesn’t win), if only for the luck boost. I already rotate a good portion of my equipment for charisma and luck, why not the Special slot too?

Beyond that mediocre luck bump… I don’t know. I won’t be using it for forums.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I think that special items really ought to be, well, special, and shouldn’t pop up in itembuildr nearly as often as they do currently.

The odds of spawning a special item should be less than the odds of spawning glbumes, a piercing, lingerie, a tattoo, a fetish, a book, or a piece of hardware IMO. We’re getting way too many special items, and nobody is going to use any of them so long as dragon and master balls are relatively easy to come by.

IMO itembuildr “special items” should show up ~1-2 times a month, disappear from the co-op after a couple of weeks, and not appear in the ppwn rotation. That would make them significantly more special

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 04/21/2009 10:56PM

LordMorbid

[Fallen Knights Hon-
or Guard
]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

MC Banhammer Posted:

* Offense +8
* Defense +8
* Luck +5

Unfortunately, it’s a special item, much less powerful than either of the balls. The odds of a hacker buying this, if they can afford either of the others, is slim.

The stats also would make for an interesting decision for hackers IMO: Discared the extra offense/defense/luck from a Beast0r in exchange for the extra PP? Do it more than once? As is, it’s not a choice. You take it if you don’t have a better special item, end of decision.

Special items should be special and relatively unique, and not ubiquitous. Request removal of that category in itembuildr.

Although I see your point about Special Items, I do feel that particular item does have one potential use:

For people who trying to stack as much luck as humanly possible, that Conficker item could be a useful thing to equip before logging off for the night, or for people who just like having as much luck as possible.

Ninja Dragon

Avatar: 98317 Mon Mar 02 19:27:47 -0500 2009

[WeChall]

Level 34 Hacker

signed

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

MC Banhammer Posted:

* Offense +8
* Defense +8
* Luck +5

As I hacker I have no desire to buy this item. Even if it were hardware. I have 4 beastor and a Master Ball.

It does not make any sense to buy such a useless item.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

signed.

Admins should be the only ones who can put up Special Items. I’m personally tired of seeing only the headset, where no normal user can buy only the current person who is whoring the Flezz Leader board

Melted Fish

[Arse Ticklers fabulous persons Fanclub]

Level 60 Troll

“Grendel”

Sure, if you were THERE for the Master Ball.

Mind you, I was, but I didn’t have enough on my hacker to purchase it.

So he has the Conficker virus.

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

anti-signed* the damage has already been done with the special items, removing them now is useless if your trying to pitch the idea that everything but the mouse should be limited. And so what if a item comes out no one will ever buy, that was the point of item buildr, it creates something completely random. It can be down right trash, or it can be something like master balls that everyone has to buy, just the luck of the draw.

if item buildr was every item buildr was every item that came out has to be better then it’s predecessor then 90% of the items would be useless anyway.

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

I think that special items really ought to be, well, special, and shouldn’t pop up in itembuildr nearly as often as they do currently.

Ardent

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Unsigned. This idea is pretty silly. We all know that the itembuildr items are removed from the co-op sooner or lated, and it might be more viable to get special items other than the balls.

Plus, they’re great for collectors

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

A lot of people will buy something like the conflictor virus to for the extra luck boost rather then just offense and defense stats.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!