Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Why isn't the clearest rule on Flamebate ever enforced?

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

from the foprum descritpions which EVERY CHARACTER AND PLAYER can see EVERY TIME THEY OPEN FLAMEBATE

General Role Playing

This forum is for serious role players only! You may only post in the personality of the clbum you are using.

this is clearly an imeperetive and command stragiht from CZ and everyone who ahsn’t followed it should be baned immediately

the mods do it a lot

so start with them imo

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Are you sure you want this to be in Game Discussion? Are you truly serious about this complaint?

Leechbait

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

it’s a rule that is more clear and visible than any of the ones in stickied threads

i thought this would bring it to more peoples attentions so they could crorect their behavior instead of just trying to go through the whole subffourm reporting since you said in another post a couple days ago that reporting small things was a bannable offense

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

It’s a point of discussion. I don’t see why not.

Is it a rule, or an aspiration? If it’s an aspiration, should it be reworded?

Leechbait

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

its been brogut to my attentino that banhammer suggested the saem thing or osmething similar a couple days ago so maybe ease up on the trigger finger there and discuss this game

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Leechbait Posted:

you said in another post a couple days ago that reporting small things was a bannable offense

No, spamming reports for minor offenses is a worse offense than most of the minor offenses.

If someone posts ‘hurf durf’ in a GD thread, and a player reports them, and then re-reports to complain that the player wasn’t banned, that’s abusing the report tool.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

It’s a point of discussion. I don’t see why not.

Is it a rule, or an aspiration? If it’s an aspiration, should it be reworded?

I was just making sure that this was intended as an actual discussion.

I think it does need to be re-worded, because if we started warning/banning people for not following that ‘rule’, then it would get messy, very fast.

However, since that rule isn’t listed in the rules thread or in the wiki, I think it’s not really a ‘rule’. But clarification would be good.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

tbh turning Ayn Rands a trollable forum and making GRP a RP-only forum would be the best solution.

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

Sergeant Cid Posted:

However, since that rule isn’t listed in the rules thread or in the wiki, I think it’s not really a ‘rule’. But clarification would be good.

I thought the past couple weeks have shown us all that rules don’t have to be listed or even in existence in order to ban/receive a ban… Log in to see images!

Leechbait

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

a lot of rules arent posted anywhere and are enforced (see odalisques ban for reporting posts that tenuously broke a rule depsire reporting and even report spamming not being against any posted rules)

so a rule that is posted somewhere isnt enforced???

also found that post

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/556877

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I’m somewhat unsure how you could tell when someone was “roleplaying as their clbum”, given the FWZ clbumes. Especially here, where the lines between RP and OOC are so blurry – you start a thread in RP, about an actual forum rule/banning…

Seems to me it’d be great for the trolls, who could just post whatever the hell they wanted, and require everyone else to defend why, e.g., a Hacker would point out a camwhore’s ugly elbows.

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

Leechbait Posted:

a lot of rules arent posted anywhere and are enforced (see odalisques ban for reporting posts that tenuously broke a rule depsire reporting and even report spamming not being against any posted rules)

so a rule that is posted somewhere isnt enforced???

also found that post

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/55687

Note the forum and the tone of the thread. That’s a Whiny ****es RP post, not a serious discussion – as he goes right on to explain.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Samildanach Posted:

I’m somewhat unsure how you could tell when someone was “roleplaying as their clbum”, given the FWZ clbumes. Especially here, where the lines between RP and OOC are so blurry – you start a thread in RP, about an actual forum rule/banning…

Seems to me it’d be great for the trolls, who could just post whatever the hell they wanted, and require everyone else to defend why, e.g., a Hacker would point out a camwhore’s ugly elbows.

If you had a problem with that, you could then buy BP and make a troll to RP a troll with.

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

Fortunato Posted:

If you had a problem with that, you could then buy BP and make a troll to RP a troll with.

I’m just wondering, would there be a point to RPing any other clbum if you constantly had to deal with being reported for someone else thinking you were “out of character.”

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

Fran Posted:

tbh turning Ayn Rands a trollable forum and making GRP a RP-only forum would be the best solution.

this sounds like a p good idea.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Samildanach Posted:

I’m just wondering, would there be a point to RPing any other clbum if you constantly had to deal with being reported for someone else thinking you were “out of character.”

Then perhaps its time we worked on the rules some more. Which is already happening, I know, but it can’t hurt to point out another flaw in a flawed system. Might as well get them all on the table at the same time.

Leechbait

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Samildanach Posted:

yes

for rp purposes obviously

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Samildanach Posted:

Note the forum and the tone of the thread. That’s a Whiny ****es RP post, not a serious discussion – as he goes right on to explain.

This.

Also, the forum descriptions aren’t, and never have been, rules. They’re guidelines at best. I had asked ET long, long ago about either the intent of the descriptions, or the enforceability of not following the descriptions, and nothing really came of that discussion.

Historical note: That forum was one of the original four public ones. The clbum-specific ones didn’t come until much later. So its original intent may have been for “enforced” role-playing, and the lack of description change might just have been an oversight when the new forums were introduced.

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

Fortunato Posted:

Then perhaps its time we worked on the rules some more. Which is already happening, I know, but it can’t hurt to point out another flaw in a flawed system. Might as well get them all on the table at the same time.

Except that people don’t “point out flaws” in threads like this. They make a big stink to try to make a Point, without the intent to actually improve anything. It’s not “this is inconsistent and something should be done, it’s “Someone is doing something I don’t like, and therefore other people should be made to suffer as well.”

I’m all for consistency, and I think the rules could use a tweak. At the same time, FWZ has some of the craziest base bumumptions I’ve ever heard, and a surprising number of people who like to push the envelope just as far as they possibly can while still having some basis for their friends to baw about them getting banned.

The waters just get muddied by all these people reaching in different directions to make their Point and stirring up **** about it. It doesn’t strike me as a good way to accomplish anything besides getting attention.

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Samildanach Posted:

Except that people don’t “point out flaws” in threads like this. They make a big stink to try to make a Point, without the intent to actually improve anything. It’s not “this is inconsistent and something should be done, it’s “Someone is doing something I don’t like, and therefore other people should be made to suffer as well.”

I’m all for consistency, and I think the rules could use a tweak. At the same time, FWZ has some of the craziest base bumumptions I’ve ever heard, and a surprising number of people who like to push the envelope just as far as they possibly can while still having some basis for their friends to baw about them getting banned.

The waters just get muddied by all these people reaching in different directions to make their Point and stirring up **** about it. It doesn’t strike me as a good way to accomplish anything besides getting attention.

Have you seem this thread?

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

MeatLoafFan Posted:

Have you seem this thread?

Sure have. I’ve seen Banhammer keep repeating himself, so I haven’t bothered to step up and say “Posting an exact listing of what defines what will encourage people to find a way to break the spirit of a rule while ****ing how they maintained the letter.” That’s about the only useful thing I could add.

It doesn’t change the nature of threads <i>like this one,</i> however, which aren’t constructive in the least, and tend instead to be just this side of trolling the mods.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!