Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Do we really need twitter updates about itembuildr?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Wylin Posted:

Is this a joke also? I don’t even know how to send an @forumwarz message.

You can do it if you have a twitter account. I have no idea whatsoever why ET solicited only twitter opinions. So I emailed him mine.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Maybe because it’s easier to ask opinions of people with Twitter?

Wylin: @<name> directs the message for the target person.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Does it bother anything really?

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

MC Banhammer Posted:

You can do it if you have a twitter account. I have no idea whatsoever why ET solicited only twitter opinions. So I emailed him mine.

I don’t know his email address… I hope tubmail is ok.

Fran Posted:

Maybe because it’s easier to ask opinions of people with Twitter?

Wylin: @<name> directs the message for the target person.

Yeah, I can’t do that from the blog page Log in to see images! That’s the only place I look for game updates.

Raepdog Posted:

Does it bother anything really?

It makes me not care to look at twitter if I’m constantly seeing the same thing.. eventually then when they actually twitter something useful I might miss it. Like I implied, I find the itembuilrd twitters about equal to if it would twitter saying we have 4 new turns everyday.

Wylin edited this message on 04/21/2009 6:05PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Wylin Posted:

It makes me not care to look at twitter if I’m constantly seeing the same thing.. eventually then when they actually twitter something useful I might miss it. Like I implied, I find the itembuilrd twitters about equal to if it would twitter saying we have 4 new turns everyday.

An auto-twitter when the routine which supplies visits and deliveries to people finished would reduce the number of “bug” complaints we get.

There used to be a thread for the Ppwne Shoppe updates as well.

I don’t know what my point is here. I’m just saying.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I did a survey on twitter about the notifications.

The results were quite mixed, which is unfortunate in terms of making a decision that benefits the most people.

I’m going to take the suggestion of creating a secondary twitter feed. This one will be Excre-Bot, and will be responsible for automatic updates only. So basically, human updates will be on Forumwarz, robot updates on Excre-Bot.

People who want both kinds of news should follow both. Otherwise just follow one of them.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

nevermind

Fortunato edited this message on 05/06/2009 9:46AM

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

ALSO A male reproductive organSUCKING ****WAD

How long until this becomes a story arc and we have Twatter as an in-game spamming attack?

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

This may be a personal problem, but I realized that the twitter box slows down loading of my character page. I must admit, It’s not the fastest cpu.

Nevermind, it’s gone and had other reasons.

Aldo_Anything edited this message on 05/06/2009 9:59AM

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Thank you for making the robot to do the repetitive twitters. I also like the twitter thingy on my character page. I hope that it only shows forumwarz updates there and not all the evil trout or excre-bot 5000 updates.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Wylin Posted:

I hope that it only shows forumwarz updates there and not all the evil trout or excre-bot 5000 updates.

Yes, this is how it’s designed.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

Yes, this is how it’s designed.

A+, would let trout update something else.

Scary_Retard-
_6

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Just my feedback, but I liked the 5 twitter updates at the bottom of the character page better than the one at the top.

I’ve noticed that there are days (like today) with multiple twitter updates. People who log in only once a day, or once every few days would miss out on those previous tweets.

I also liked how by having it at the bottom of the page, it looked like it popped up ready to read when you took your deliveries.

Scary_Retard_6 edited this message on 05/06/2009 1:12PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Scary_Retard_6 Posted:

Just my feedback, but I liked the 5 twitter updates at the bottom of the character page better than one at the top.

I’ve noticed that there are days (like today) with multiple twitter updates. People who log in only once a day, or once every few days would miss out on those previous tweets.

I also liked how by having it at the bottom of the page, it looked like it popped up ready to read when you took your deliveries.

But if you don’t scroll down, you have no idea it’s there. Especially when your news gets really, really long…

Scary_Retard-
_6

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

MC Banhammer Posted:

But if you don’t scroll down, you have no idea it’s there. Especially when your news gets really, really long…

True, maybe we can have the latest tweet at the top but the previous four at the bottom. Of course this could only happen on the news page, with a “previous tweets” section, even then I’m concerned that some people might get confused by the split tweets.

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

...Unless Evil Trout is still trying to cater to 800x600 resolution (in which case he might as well go ahead and please LROSENBERG1996 by making Bubble Troll work on Windows 95)

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

kittiejenn Posted:

...Unless Evil Trout is still trying to cater to 800x600 resolution (in which case he might as well go ahead and please LROSENBERG1996 by making Bubble Troll work on Windows 95)

That’s what I thought, but not everybody disabled ads. I still think a box on the right could look good, in other dimensions.

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Aldo_Anything Posted:

That’s what I thought, but not everybody disabled ads. I still think a box on the right could look good, in other dimensions.

Yeah I just realized that. Maybe under the ads though? Still not as far down as the bottom of the screen, but out of the way. Also, correct me if I’m wrong… I believe where it’s located currently was the only spot other than flamebate where community ads appeared? Wrong or right, that still significantly reduces exposure to users who never visit flamebate and just log on to play the game.

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

kittiejenn Posted:

Yeah I just realized that. Maybe under the ads though? Still not as far down as the bottom of the screen, but out of the way. Also, correct me if I’m wrong… I believe where it’s located currently was the only spot other than flamebate where community ads appeared? Wrong or right, that still significantly reduces exposure to users who never visit flamebate and just log on to play the game.

The ads are above the feed, if you haven’t disabled ads.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Excrebot should periodically make ****loving messages.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!