Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay Limit Emoticons

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

MeatLoafFan Posted:

Maybe the community would get off your back if you were to publicly post this policy Log in to see images!

???

Pretty sure I did this before, but the gist is this:

First offense, warning (unless it’s an insta-ban rule)

2nd offense, roughly 24 hours

3rd offense, roughly 48 hours

4th and latter offense starts depends on what they’re doing. If you’ve been banned 3 times and now you’re being banned for the same thing, it’s probably (but not necessarily) going to be longer than if you’re being banned for doing something different, which you might not be aware of.

By that point, see, it’s pretty much bumumed that you know what you’re doing and you’re just doing it in ORDER to be banned. So there are no fast rules on that, and I doubt there will be. bumumed intent is taken into consideration. Remember, on most sites you don’t get that many chances.

Get banned enough for the same **** over and over again, and I’ll warn you that the next time will probably be a perma. Again here, apparent intent is heavily weighed.

Multiple offenses in the same timeframe count multiple times, BTW. So someone could get, say, a week’s ban on their first offense, if they’re spamming Game Discussion with goatse.

So yes, you got me, if someone’s being banned for their fifth time they may get a different ban length than someone else being banned for their fifth time. Once you hit caveman-large numbers, it’s my opinion that you don’t deserve strict rules. You know what you’re doing, so suck up the consequences, whatever they might be. But the infrequent offenders should be treated roughly equally to each other.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Celerysteve Posted:

There’s really no point in try to block image spam by limiting images to 5 w/ no same images if someone can just post 80,000 Log in to see images!

If you’re trying to cut down on spam then this won’t help, Kaizer’s text spam proves that.

What’s next, limiting the number of words we can use in our posts severely?

Anyway restrictions suck, and remove the image limits. Log in to see images!

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

God that Kaiser guy is worse than draginz if you ask me.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

MeatLoafFan Posted:

Maybe the community would get off your back if you were to publicly post this policy Log in to see images!

Personally, I like the idea of a 1 day ban that doubles for each offense, and if it’s a significantly heinous offense (such as the Insta-Ban offenses), then that counts as three strikes all at once, and the offenses are great timesulative.

First time posting goatse, and you did it in Game Discussion? That’s three ban points. 1 Day + 2 Days + 4 Days = 7 Days.

Next time you earn a ban point, it’s 8 days. Whoops, you decided to troll in a game discussion thread again and posts tons of emoticons that had no bearing on the discussion? Looks like we’ll see you again in 16 days.

At some point, this player will decide to stop pushing the envelope. Or their ban will be so long, no one will even remember who they are when they get back.

Then again, someone may decide to work the system, and decide it’s ‘worth’ the 7 day ban to post goatse in GD. And I personally think that’s counter-productive.

Sergeant Cid edited this message on 04/20/2009 7:29PM

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

MC Banhammer Posted:

First offense, warning (unless it’s an insta-ban rule)

That’s interesting, my first ban was for 1 day, for trolling in a contests thread, and I never received a warning for something prior to that.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

MeatLoafFan Posted:

That’s interesting, my first ban was for 1 day, for trolling in a contests thread, and I never received a warning for something prior to that.

You were warned on January 22nd, for trolling in a contest thread, for this post

Your actual 1 day ban was on one of your alts, on 02/17/2009, so I won’t post that publicly.

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Sergeant Cid Posted:

You were warned on January 22nd, for trolling in a contest thread, for this post

I apologize then, I did not recall that. Well, so it looks like the system is running fine, I’ll go edit my wiki article…

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Limit emoticons and stop talking about everything else.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!