Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business MasterBall-gate

Electric-Tur-
tle-02

[spots-****]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

second best equipment off/def wise in the game… pulled from the market (for the moment at least)... what do you think the odds are it’ll be nerfed pretty intensely soon, then reintroduced? i’m debating whether to sell mine off while it’s still desirable. what do you fine folks think?

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Electric-Turtle-02 Posted:

second best equipment off/def wise in the game… pulled from the market (for the moment at least)... what do you think the odds are it’ll be nerfed pretty intensely soon, then reintroduced? i’m debating whether to sell mine off while it’s still desirable. what do you fine folks think?

They haven’t touched the stats of any other moars, even the stupid ones. It won’t happen.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I think the current solution is ****ing fine. No reason for nerfs or reintroductions. Let people who had it keep it, and don’t give it to anyone else.

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

It’ll stay the same. I expect to see it in the Ppwn Shop at an inflated price.

swine

Avatar: 10221 2011-10-31 21:15:57 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I congratulate you in recognising my superiority and choosing me to be your love pig!

All I want is for them to fix the stupid self-referential “forumwarz” joke. It destroyed narrative. At the very least, change it to “Battlethreads”.

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

It will probably show up in the ppwn shop someday.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

swine Posted:

All I want is for them to fix the stupid self-referential “forumwarz” joke. It destroyed narrative. At the very least, change it to “Battlethreads”.

It was a rant on how the stats are stupidly high.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

I’m keeping mine. And they should keep it as is. If not, I’d demand a refund… which I wouldn’t get anyway.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Three things need to happen. Nerf the Master Ball and the Dragon Balls, give players refunds for them with the option to buy again, and introduce some flezz sinks. We are long, long overdue some flezz sinks and it’s quite possibly past the point where they would be useful now. This games economy has now suffered 4 months of neglect since the introduction of Kyoubai, at the end of which, through complacency and poor planning, ET hands a tiny minority of players the ability to increase their flezz pile by magnitudes.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 04/18/2009 10:09PM

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Right-o. We need an EVIL OMBAMA to come by and take 30 million from the top players. J/K

I totally agree the damage has been done.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

ET hands a tiny minority of players the ability to increase their flezz pile by magnitudes.

Every single player had the exact same opportunity to take the risky investment.

In fact, there was even more opportunity for players to potentially benefit from this than the E-Peen Falcon Plaque quest, that was only available for about an hour, unannounced.

Sour grapes are very sour.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Now, having said that, the general economy does need some changes. Feel free to submit constructive criticism and ideas through the proper channels.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

I have one.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Acid Flux Posted:

Every single player had the exact same opportunity to take the risky investment.

That is utter and complete hogwash as people have different amounts of Flezz (duh). Also it does not really matter if players had equal opportunity or not: the imbalance created is of an order of magnitude that needs to be addressed.

Cool beans for you if you invested in masterballs and maybe you deserve to profit from it, but not by the insane amounts that make this more profitable than any other action ever and ever (Depending on how this is handled we’re looking at about $100000000). It’s simply bad game design to do nothing about this.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

the Pro Posted:

Depending on how this is handled we’re looking at about $100000000

I had numbers higher than that, though it does depend on how many Acid bought, and guesswork on how things play out.

If he spent 25m on Master Balls at 200k each (? I forget the buy price on maximum frugality) that’s 125 Master Balls.

They’re selling for 1m  each, but since they’re not available through any other channels (just like the donor plaque) and have an ingame value (which means more players will want them) that price is probably low.

So, let’s say they start selling for 2m each. If Acid Flux has 125, that would be 250m, or 225m profit. If they start selling for 4m that would be 500m and 475m profit. Such insane numbers are dependant on the continuing rarity of the item though.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 04/19/2009 2:48PM

naughty-mayh-
em

[Board of Directors]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

This games economy has now suffered 4 months of neglect since the introduction of Kyoubai, at the end of which, through complacency and poor planning, ET hands a tiny minority of players the ability to increase their flezz pile by magnitudes.

People had more of a warning about Master Balls than we got about the reduction of junk prices. Anyone who was letting junk pile up in their inventory lost Flezz proportionate to the amount of junk they had, with no warning or consideration of reparations. All we got was ‘You should have been selling your junk. You were probably trying to cheat the system somehow.’

But, this time it matters, because instead of only a few people getting hurt, only a few people were benefited, which I guess translates into most people getting hurt, if you want to think about it that way.

If that needs to be fixed, then everyone who lost Flezz due to the two unannounced junk price drops should also be compensated for the loss. If those people (which included me) need to deal with the loss, so does everyone else when it happens to them.

If we want to talk about Flezz sinks, ET should be doing more ‘Special Auctions’, along the lines of custom ePeen and other non-Equipment items. Now that we have itembuildr, we have a few special items coming into the system, so the Special Items would need to be much more special than they used to be. More headsets would be a good way to judge the interest and the amount of Flezz people would sink into that, so that other Special items could be properly judged. A Special Item not based on Offense or Defense might go for a lot, though.

naughty-mayh-
em

[Board of Directors]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

So, let’s say they start selling for 2m each. If Acid Flux has 125, that would be 250m, or 225m profit. If they start selling for 4m that would be 500m and 475m profit. Such insane numbers are dependant on the continuing rarity of the item though.

The more Acid Flux bought, the less rare they are. The more people think he bought, the lower the max price people will pay, because there will always be another one coming.

Of course, if Flezz meant anything to people, they’d pay less, too. But, in an economy where people will pay 4,000,000   for a Marble, because it’s funny, I fail to see how giving someone nearly any amount of Flezz is hurting anything.

Seriously. What has the piles of Flezz the top ten people on the Flezz board gotten them, other than the ability to be in the top ten and domination over the three special auctions ET put out.

Flezz needs to have value before it matters that people have gotten millions of it. There’s already a huge problem with the economy. A dozen people having the possibility (but not certainty) of big profit from market analysis and ET psychology doesn’t mean anything if what people are ‘winning’ isn’t worth anything but the ability to say you have more of it.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

naughty-mayhem Posted:

Flezz needs to have value before it matters that people have gotten millions of it. There’s already a huge problem with the economy. A dozen people having the possibility (but not certainty) of big profit from market analysis and ET psychology doesn’t mean anything if what people are ‘winning’ isn’t worth anything but the ability to say you have more of it.

A viable economy would be a huge bumet to this game, but ET has already probably ****ed that opportunity away, barring a reset. And ET doesn’t like to upset people so that’s not going to happen. This change is more along the lines of adding insult to injury – he simply demonstrated he hasn’t learned anything from his previous mistakes. And yes, I was one of the players who was holding a large amount of flezz in items, when ET devalued them the last two times, unannounced.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

the Pro Posted:

That is utter and complete hogwash as people have different amounts of Flezz (duh).

Everyone had the same opportunity. Whether or not they had the resources to capitalize on the opportunity is a matter of individual situation.

My grandfather had the opportunity and resources to invest in a few companies about 30+ years ago.

My wife’s grandfather had the same opportunity, but fewer resources.

My grandfather didn’t cheat my wife’s grandfather in any way whatsoever by making his fortune via those investments.

Also it does not really matter if players had equal opportunity or not: the imbalance created is of an order of magnitude that needs to be addressed.

Hmm, now where was this outrage when people hoarded their Junk Books pre-Episode 2 and they became very valuable pieces of equipment? Items that were valued at less than 5000 flezz suddenly were sellable on Kyoubai for 400K+. Those speculators weren’t accused of any corruption or wrongdoing. Why now?

Cool beans for you if you invested in masterballs and maybe you deserve to profit from it, but not by the insane amounts that make this more profitable than any other action ever and ever (Depending on how this is handled we’re looking at about $100000000). It’s simply bad game design to do nothing about this.

No, it’s not. So far, I haven’t seen a Master Ball sell for the amounts you’re talking about. Additionally, the supply & demand of the market dictates the appropriate price.

In fact, there’s also risk in the speculation of when and for how much to sell these things. Sell too soon, and you may not get as much as you might since the market has more than a few listed right now. Wait for a while until the supply starts to dry up when you could demand a higher price, and they may show up in the Ppwn Shoppe for less than they’re selling now.

Watching events in the market place and speculating isn’t ‘bad economy’. It’s how the economy (and in fact, most economies) are supposed to work.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

And yes, I was one of the players who was holding a large amount of flezz in items, when ET devalued them the last two times, unannounced.

Why were you holding onto those items?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!