Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion What are your views on religion?

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Topic: Is religion part of the world’s problems or part of the solution to the world’s problems?

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Neither Log in to see images!

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

quangntenemy Posted:

Neither Log in to see images!

Good answer Log in to see images!

elaborate

Iron Lich

Level 69 Troll

FOR KIPPY AND COUNTRY, REMEMBER KIPPY, HE WAS A HAPPY SARDINE.

Religions aren’t bad per say, it’s the people who supposedly control the religions that are the problem makers.

Generic Raci-
st

Avatar: 113010 Sat Mar 28 01:20:15 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

i'm a dirty fine upstanding member of society myself lulz

Inertia Posted:

Topic: Is religion part of the world’s problems or part of the solution to the world’s problems?

both

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Inertia Posted:

Good answer Log in to see images!

elaborate

Well it just doesn’t have anything to do with world’s problems. People just tend to use something mysterious as an explanation for something… mysterious, and that’s just plain wrong imo Log in to see images!

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Religion combines politics and spirituality which is a bastardization of faith.

Auser

Avatar: 89481 Thu Feb 26 14:58:28 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

Just south of sanity

The blind leading the blind into a dark void

The Jagged R-
ock Fondler

Avatar: 97179 Mon Mar 23 17:25:01 -0400 2009

[bumhurt Virgins]

Level 28 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

Religion,whatever flavour you like,is all a con! Take a look at the world today,and tell me there is a god.

Ardent

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Problems, definitely. It was useful INITIALLY, in order to get society ordered and what-not, but it SUCKS today. No, srsly.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Inertia Posted:

Neither, the problem isn’t with seeking answers nor believing in a greater power, the problem comes when people decide that because others do not have the same faith (ie absolute belief in something that they have little to no evidence for and cannot be proven) as they, that those others must be subjugated underneath them in some stupid manner.

The same can apply to politics, fashion, video games, nearly anything. While faith can be a great way for someone to sustain themselves as opposed to sucgreat timesbing to depression over a lack of meaning (which I believe to be the sustaining force behind Religion nowadays since it’s the only thing we really have left to explain with science), pushing it on others is what ****s **** up.

FYI, the process of spreading religions actively is called Evangelization and the catholic church has the stance that they wish to evangelize the world. (Or so I was taught in catholic school).

Also, it’s really hard to find any agnostics willing to kill for their beliefs, we’re kind enough to acknowledge that we may be wrong.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Iron Lich Posted:

Religions aren’t bad per say, it’s the people who supposedly control the religions that are the problem makers.

This.

I had an aunt that lost pretty much everything she had because of her religion (brazilian Universal Church) and that made me despise religion.

Jim McPerson

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Raepdog Posted:

Religion combines politics and spirituality which is a bastardization of faith.

THIS. It should be written in stone.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Agree with Raepdog.

You should worship God, not worship the church. The minute you listen to what someone tells you instead of discovering for yourself what you believe is the minute you’re lost.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

In the words of George Carlin, the more you live, the more you look around and the more you see that something is ****ed up here. If there is a god, he’s either incompetent (let’s face it, results like these don’t belong on any omnipotent beings resume) or, just maybe, doesn’t give a ****. So, instead of believeng in an incompetent father-figure who doesn’t give a ****, I decided to worship the sun.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Professor Commie PhD Posted:

In the words of George Carlin, the more you live, the more you look around and the more you see that something is ****ed up here. If there is a god, he’s either incompetent (let’s face it, results like these don’t belong on any omnipotent beings resume) or, just maybe, doesn’t give a ****. So, instead of believeng in an incompetent father-figure who doesn’t give a ****, I decided to worship the sun.

Without getting into a religious argument over the nature of God, that philosophical debate doesn’t work.

Carlin is very right; something IS ****ed up. However, this doesn’t mean God caused it. We corrupted everything on our own. If anything, we should blame ourselves.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

Srsly though, the more you look into the history of religions, the more you notice that the texts have been tampered with over the ages and that monotheism used to be polytheism (even in judaism, hence in christianity too) and that there’s way too many things wrong with the texts for them to be true. And if the texts aren’t true, the religion is bogus. I mean, just look at the two stories of Genesis in the Bible. They’re just sitting next to each other, saying two different things and pretending they mean the same.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

I think Shii’s got this one on the nose, others can’t tell you how to have faith, they can only tell you what to believe and how to live which is of course not faith at all. Your relationship with God/Gods (Monotheism seems impossible to me) is a personal one and letting others dictate it for you is a little unreasonable, especially when they change their minds on how to do so.

NotJoePesci

Avatar: 6966 Sat Feb 21 00:54:31 -0500 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 14 Troll

Best ethnic friend a guy could have! Also Im not racist. -Raepdog

I’m an atheist and think religion is stupid, but I don’t really care if someone else is religious, so long as they leave me the **** alone about it. I get pretty mad when people tell me I need to be saved. I don’t tell them they need to stop believing in God.

Amphitrite

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Personally religion is irrelevant in living a fulfilling life that doesn’t intefere with the freedom of others.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!