Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Flezz Want a Master Ball, but don't feel like waiting? Get yours here.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Master Ball Buyout SOLD!

Master Ball Buyout SOLD!

Master Ball Buyout SOLD!

Master Ball Buyout SOLD!

Master Ball Buyout 1,000,000

Note: The reserves are much lower than the buyout, if you’re willing to wait 3 days to win the auction.

Get it now and start pwning those more difficult forums.

Special Items are your best item slot!

If they’re all sold out, another will be listed as soon as I get back.

Also: Another Master Ball for Sale

Acid Flux edited this message on 04/19/2009 12:49AM

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Haha. So much for the 235k buyout you used to have.

Save a couple of them please, I need to get one on my permanoob but he doesn’t have enough money atm.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

So you have a very, very large stock of these according to your blog post. In your position as mod, did you know in advance that they weren’t going to be available from the itembuildr store, nor any other store any more?

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

So you have a very, very large stock of these according to your blog post. In your position as mod, did you know in advance that they weren’t going to be available from the itembuildr store, nor any other store any more?

No. There were the very vague rumblings that prices would be brought in line (same rumblings here in flamebate) but nothing specific… I bought 10 hoping I could make a few flezz with the bumumption the price of master balls would increase instead of other stuff decreasing. It was a (fairly logical) gamble… but we never knew things would *disappear* – that shocked the hell out of me when I saw it and I’m honestly kinda bummed. I have a few alts that couldn’t afford the cheap price… now it’s gonna be a long bum time before they can afford one.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

spacekadt Posted:

No. There were the very vague rumblings that prices would be brought in line (same rumblings here in flamebate) but nothing specific… I bought 10 hoping I could make a few flezz with the bumumption the price of master balls would increase instead of other stuff decreasing. It was a (fairly logical) gamble… but we never knew things would *disappear* – that shocked the hell out of me when I saw it and I’m honestly kinda bummed. I have a few alts that couldn’t afford the cheap price… now it’s gonna be a long bum time before they can afford one.

Yeh, I had an alt who couldn’t afford one at the time too. :-/ Now he never will lol.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

spacekadt Posted:

Pretty much agree. They were already in the economy, by removing them the players who were not in a position to acquire them (i.e. generally younger players) are automatically discriminated against, both in the amount of flezz required, and the fact they’re going to be rare as hens teeth. This was going to happen anyway with a rebalance, but this was an overreaction.

The correct move would have been to remove them from all players, refund (at full price) and allow them to buy again at the new price if they chose. Speculating on game designer whims as they try to fix previous mistakes is a ****ing terrible way to run an economy, and it’s already happened too often.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

l0l @ who bought the auction

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Pretty much agree. They were already in the economy, by removing them the players who were not in a position to acquire them (i.e. generally younger players) are automatically discriminated against, both in the amount of flezz required, and the fact they’re going to be rare as hens teeth. This was going to happen anyway with a rebalance, but this was an overreaction.

The correct move would have been to remove them from all players, refund (at full price) and allow them to buy again at the new price if they chose. Speculating on game designer whims as they try to fix previous mistakes is a ****ing terrible way to run an economy, and it’s already happened too often.

Who said it was a mistake?

Did you ever consider that maybe they wanted them to be rare and hard-to-get?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Shii, shut the **** up. Log in to see images!

Mod Edit: User banned for trolling in non-rp.

scully was banned for this post by spacekadt

scully edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Lester Burnham Posted:

Shii, shut the **** up. Log in to see images!

Might want to edit that troll-post; this isn’t rp.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Shii Posted:

Who said it was a mistake?

Did you ever consider that maybe they wanted them to be rare and hard-to-get?

A *fix* to a previous *mistake*. The mistake had already been made, the fix was introduced in a way that was discriminatory. Therefore the fix was also a mistake.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 04/18/2009 4:14AM

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Spot reserved

The Jagged R-
ock Fondler

Avatar: 97179 Mon Mar 23 17:25:01 -0400 2009

[bumhurt Virgins]

Level 28 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

Woah,that is an extortionate price!

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

I had no foreknowledge, other than a gut feeling and a good guess.

The Jagged Rock Fondler Posted:

Woah,that is an extortionate price!

And yet, someone bought it out within the first few hours of the Auction, because they didn’t want to wait 72 hours to win one. And the reserve was actually less than I paid for it as well.

Since these are now items that cannot simply be bought in any store any any time (other than, we bumume, the Ppwn Shoppe at random times), it has directly affected their Supply. Therefore, if the Demand stays the same or increases, basic economics dictates that the price will rise.

In fact, the next one I list will have a higher Buyout price (but still the same very low reserve), because it was bought out so quickly.

I chose to take a calculated risk that the Master Ball would either become a more rare item, or that the base price would be adjusted upwards, and therefore, they would become more valuable. Truth be told, I wish I’d purchased more than I did.

Acid Flux edited this message on 04/18/2009 8:01AM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Acid Flux Posted:

And yet, someone bought it out within the first few hours of the Auction, because they didn’t want to wait 72 hours to win one.

JayZJay

He’s gonna re-sell it for more

Robert James-
Fischer

Avatar: 43618 Wed Jul 08 18:15:24 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

World Chess Champion

spacekadt Posted:

There were the very vague rumblings that prices would be brought in line (same rumblings here in flamebate) but nothing specific…

Can you post these very vague rumblings that mods used to gain a disproportionate advantage in competitive play as opposed to normal players who did not have access to them?

Ardent

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

This sucks… ET shouldn’t allow forumwarz to be swallowed up by capitalists like Acid Flux…

Shoot The Mo-
on

Avatar: 50637 Wed Apr 01 23:03:10 -0400 2009

[The Last Stand]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Concept – if possible, make them available, one per player, at the old price for a couple of weeks (enough time for anyone to get the flezz together) if they want to keep people from being screwed. This would also lower the resale value. (I already have it on seven alts btw)

guest42

[Bargain Drug Wareh-
ouse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

male reproductive organ Liquor Posted:

Can you post these very vague rumblings that mods used to gain a disproportionate advantage in competitive play as opposed to normal players who did not have access to them?

We saw those same rumblings. We also have a stock of Master Balls that we purchased in the expectation that the price would go up. And, honestly, we weren’t even paying that much attention. Adjustments were announced, what happened just wasn’t what we expected.

That they vanished completely just made them that much more valuable. I’m patient, though, and I’m going to wait a little longer before I start selling mine. They will just become more valuable as they get more rare.

But, right in this thread ET said he was going to adjust and improve things. History suggests that when ET is improving something, there will be a bunch of unexpected changes, and Dragon Balls and Master Balls were the most likely to be adjusted by the changes.

guest42 edited this message on 04/18/2009 12:08PM

Robert James-
Fischer

Avatar: 43618 Wed Jul 08 18:15:24 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

World Chess Champion

guest42 Posted:

We saw those same rumblings. We also have a stock of Master Balls that we purchased in the expectation that the price would go up. And, honestly, we weren’t even paying that much attention. Adjustments were announced, what happened just wasn’t what we expected.

That they vanished completely just made them that much more valuable. I’m patient, though, and I’m going to wait a little longer before I start selling mine. They will just become more valuable as they get more rare.

But, right in this thread ET said he was going to adjust and improve things. History suggests that when ET is improving something, there will be a bunch of unexpected changes, and Dragon Balls and Master Balls were the most likely to be adjusted by the changes.

My point is that they had more info than anyone else had.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!