Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay Court jails Pirate Bay founders

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

A court in Sweden has jailed four men behind The Pirate Bay (TPB), the world’s most high-profile file-sharing website, in a landmark case.

Frederik Neij, Gottfrid Svartholm Warg, Carl Lundstrom and Peter Sunde were found guilty of breaking copyright law and were sentenced to a year in jail.

They were also ordered to pay $4.5m in damages.

Read more here

SIG-ENABLING-
-MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 25677 Tue Mar 31 17:59:16 -0400 2009

Level 35 Emo Kid

purchace championchips

Dammit, non-RP.

That’s a load of crap.

SIG-ENABLING-MOCK-CONGLER edited this message on 04/17/2009 12:13PM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

At least the site is still online!!

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

brb downloading Heroes

The Baroness

Avatar: 111827 Sat Apr 25 22:25:53 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

Black day imo. What a bunch of crap.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Great news. Criminals should be punished.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Just because you disagree with a law doesn’t give you the right to engage in illegal activity.

These guys poked the sleeping bear one too many times.

Artists & creators have a right to be compensated for their art & creations. Intentionally interfering with that right is a serious infringement on personal rights.

Acid Flux edited this message on 04/17/2009 12:24PM

The Baroness

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

MC Banhammer Posted:

Great news. Criminals should be punished.

You mean the big record companies who charge me 25 euros for an album on which I only like 4 songs?

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

****, no!

Now the world is going to be able to use this as a precendent and start cracking on piracy properly.

Precendent like this = bad news for internet.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

The Baroness Posted:

You mean the big record companies who charge me 25 euros for an album on which I only like 4 songs?

Those people aren’t criminals. They’re people who produce a product and set a charge for it. It’s no different than people who build a house where you might like the bedrooms and dining room but hate the kitchen. You have no right to possess the house without purchase simply because you don’t like part of it.

Auser

Avatar: 89481 Thu Feb 26 14:58:28 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

Just south of sanity

The site is still up, the world is still spinning and they will have to arrest us all before people stop using torrents

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

The Baroness Posted:

Black day imo.

The Baroness

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

MC Banhammer Posted:

Those people aren’t criminals. They’re people who produce a product and set a charge for it. It’s no different than people who build a house where you might like the bedrooms and dining room but hate the kitchen. You have no right to possess the house without purchase simply because you don’t like part of it.

With the difference that you can change your own kitchen once you move in. I think album prices have gone completely ape**** in the last 10 years. I used to pay 25 guilders (12 euros) for a full album and now I pay 25 euros for the same.

Oleg

Avatar: 98357 2011-07-31 00:47:25 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 18 Hacker

INVINCIBLE POSTER

Piracy is not a solution to overpriced media. In fact, it just makes things worse.

Also I don’t see how you people could even expect TPB to win this. They just made excuses saying that they only provided the platform, but it was more than obvious that they did encourage illegal activities. I highly doubt that this case will change a lot.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Oleg Posted:

Piracy is not a solution to overpriced media. In fact, it just makes things worse.

Also I don’t see how you people could even expect TPB to win this. They just made excuses saying that they only provided the platform, but it was more than obvious that they did encourage illegal activities. I highly doubt that this case will change a lot.

They weren’t breaking the law Log in to see images!

Oleg

Avatar: 98357 2011-07-31 00:47:25 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 18 Hacker

INVINCIBLE POSTER

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

They weren’t breaking the law Log in to see images!

They weren’t breaking the law? They ran the world’s number one ressource for illegal file-sharing and they were obviously fully aware of the fact that their platform was mainly used for piracy. There’s sufficient proof that they actually wanted to host piracy. Now saying that there was no illegal material on their servers is just trying to find a loophole.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

The Baroness Posted:

With the difference that you can change your own kitchen once you move in. I think album prices have gone completely ape**** in the last 10 years. I used to pay 25 guilders (12 euros) for a full album and now I pay 25 euros for the same.

Okay, another example: You want to read a book but discover once you do that you don’t like one particular character in it. That doesn’t give you a right to steal the book.

Prices on EVERYTHING go up. Welcome to the real world. If you go to a store to buy a pair of pants you saw last year for $50 and now they cost $75, deciding “that price jump is ape****, I’m going to just take the pants and walk out of the store without paying”, that’s a crime. Same thing with illegal copies of music.

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

Those guys received more jailtime than your average Scandinavian rapist.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Oleg Posted:

They weren’t breaking the law? They ran the world’s number one ressource for illegal file-sharing and they were obviously fully aware of the fact that their platform was mainly used for piracy. There’s sufficient proof that they actually wanted to host piracy. Now saying that there was no illegal material on their servers is just trying to find a loophole.

If TBP’s search engine for .torrents is ruled illegal, the rest of the internet needs to be penalized as well. Including google and p much every other search engine.

Anticipating repercussions over this. Maybe it will be small ripples but I figure we’re in for waves.

Also TPB’s tracker was probably illegal because it actually managed the filesharing. The website/search engine wasn’t though. IMO. They were doing wrong but i dont think it’s right to jail them over stuff that isn’t techincally illegal when the court could have focused on the tracker and its closer management of illegal activities.

also the prosecuters had no idea what they were doing when gathering evidence and stuff. It’s a shame to see fools people who have no idea what they are doing winning.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 04/17/2009 12:52PM

The Baroness

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

If TBP’s search engine for .torrents is ruled illegal, the rest of the internet needs to be penalized as well. Including google and p much every other search engine.

Anticipating repercussions over this. Maybe it will be small ripples but I figure we’re in for waves.

Also TPB’s tracker was probably illegal because it actually managed the filesharing. The website/search engine wasn’t though. IMO. They were doing wrong but i dont think it’s right to jail them over stuff that isn’t techincally illegal when the court could have focused on the tracker and its closer management of illegal activities.

also the prosecuters had no idea what they were doing when gathering evidence and stuff. It’s a shame to see fools people who have no idea what they are doing winning.

^that.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!