Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Flamebate changes: Official Feedback Thread

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Wylin Posted:

Thread is rather long and dull but I agree. From page 4:

Ahh, didn’t see that.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Wylin Posted:

I made better image of what I would like to see.

Just so you can see the main part without having to zoom in.. I think 1 “active thread” per private forum would be enough just to show if there is anything new going on in there or not.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Another thing I’m just noticing I miss. I liked being able to get to the end of threads from the “active topics” section with the “last post” link.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

Wylin Posted:

Another thing I’m just noticing I miss. I liked being able to get to the end of threads from the “active topics” section with the “last post” link.

click the name of the last poster.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

markchd Posted:

click the name of the last poster.

Thank you much sir, I had kinda thought that clicking on someone’s name would bring me to that character’s profile. Silly me, move along nothing to see here.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

the name of the thread author doesn’t need to take up as much table width as the topic title.

expanding it all was great but character names take lower priority than thread titles

and for the love of god switch “post it!” and “preview bumons”. i get in loops because they change places after previewing.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 05/02/2009 3:13AM

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

CrinkzPipe Posted:

It’s a unneeded idea where the time could of been spent on something you know USEFUL. Splitting the bored was just a time sink, if you can give 1 reason why it’s a great idea besides “lol now people know not to troll here” because everyone knows that already, I’ll believe it was useful.

You have a very limited and ignorant perspective.

I understand that YOU know how Flamebate works, but hundreds of new users sign up every day, and they need to get oriented swiftly.

If it wasn’t consistently a problem, we wouldn’t have changed anything.

Evil Trout edited this message on 05/02/2009 9:45AM

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Evil Trout Posted:

You have a very limited and ignorant perspective.

I understand that YOU know how Flamebate works, but hundreds of new users sign up every day, and they need to get oriented swiftly.

If it wasn’t consistently a problem, we wouldn’t have changed anything.

How will this new format “orient” new people more swiftly rather than directing them to the rules the first time they entered flamebate?

Invariel

Avatar: 14446 Thu Oct 23 18:38:00 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

I Wrote a Script and You Liked It

On the left, a list of discussions and fora that are for talking about the game and the site in a reasonable, respectable manner. Weighing in at OVER 9000 posts, it’s … CIVIL DISCUSSION. Applause, applause.

And on the right, a collection of silly topics, ranging from people anonymously posting ”’sup Cid” to interviewing Ricket about things to holding contests and generally having fun. All your base are belong to … General Role Playing.

And be vewwy vewwy qwiet… At the tawp of the screen, we have secret fowums to look at… Shhhhhh.

It’s a considerably easier layout than, “Ooh, hey, some topics to click on. Hey, this seems amusing. ‘OMGROFLOLYOUSUCK!!!’ Wait a second, why the hell was I banned? Oh shi-... Game discussion thread.”

Invariel edited this message on 05/02/2009 11:41AM

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

CrinkzPipe Posted:

How will this new format “orient” new people more swiftly rather than directing them to the rules the first time they entered flamebate?

Because it creates an obvious visual difference between the two types of fora immediately when you load the page, and you can’t accidentally click one thinking it was the other from the main FB page.

Seriously, you can’t imagine how this kind of visual division helps new players differentiate quickly and easily while immediately grasping “This is where we talk seriously” vs “This is where everyone is full of **** and I shouldn’t trust them”?

AtomicScript-
er

Avatar: 64129 Thu Oct 16 17:05:30 -0400 2008

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

This Stays On The Internet

At first I didn’t like this layout, but it does streamline things somewhat. I do agree with Wylin, however, I think the private forums should be below both Civil and RP, 2x as wide but 1/2x as long.

For easy access, and so it doesn’t change things around for new people once they get access to a private forum.

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

CrinkzPipe Posted:

OFFTOPIC:

Here’s something I discussed awhile ago.

When you reach level 4, and are first able to use flamebate, why doesn’t a new contact appear, who’ll tell you that you’re now eligible to use flamebate, which will redirect you to a page with all of the rules on it.

Then, you need to agree to the rules, before you enter flamebate.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

MeatLoafFan Posted:

OFFTOPIC:

When you reach level 4, and are first able to use flamebate, why doesn’t a new contact appear, who’ll tell you that you’re now eligible to use flamebate, which will redirect you to a page with all of the rules on it.

Seconded.

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

MeatLoafFan Posted:

OFFTOPIC:

IIRC KoL even had a thing where you had to type in proper uses of really annoyingly common post errors like “its” and “it’s”, “they’re”, “their” and “there”. I could really get behind some “Flamebate Access Sidequest” arrangement.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

The split is okay, but this layout is simultaneously more cluttered while giving less information. The only information that ever updates from the main forums page now is the active topics boxes. No wonder some people are perceiving less posting happening when all the forums below that are now simply static placeholder links and you can’t tell that anything new is happening behind them. If the split must stay, please try adding topics/last poster/etc to those rows. If that is too cluttered, why not split rp/nrp vertically instead of horizontally?

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Perhaps with less activity, CZ will decide they don’t need quite so many mods. We could have a vote for who is least popular and then get rid of him.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Perhaps with less activity, CZ will decide they don’t need quite so many mods. We could have a vote for who is least popular and then get rid of him.

I wonder who that would be. Log in to see images!

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Would it be possible to have Full of Won and the Closet of Shame to be accessible from the Role-Playing section?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!