Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Idea: split domination week into 6 rounds

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Lester Burnham Posted:

The time shift thing seems cool, but the actual totaling process reminds me of a situation that used to come up in a CCG scoring system I judged. Due to the way things laid out individual round performance could make a far greater impact than overall performance. I think we would see the same thing here.

What I see could happen?

Day 1 dude who isn’t playing finishes 12 visits at top of loop, wins max and fav for the day, doesn’t play for rest of week

Each progressive day could see the same thing.

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

Well, those players would do their 12 visits 2 times a week, so probably more 3 way ties and the way it would probably start to play out very quickly would be for people to shift into one of 3 categories.

1 – 12 runs twice a week to win it all, or skimming on that 28 hours to do 4 runs of 8 4 times a week.

2 – Min.Scoops since it’s so tricky in just a day and there’s less competition

3 – Pistachio run, switcharoo with the lemon/vanilla earnt to Antifreeze then gamble then maybe put on chocolate for some extra scoops to try for fav flavor and highest total each day.

And if you think bumhole cards are imbalanced now, divide the current weekly totals by 6 and see how much more powerful they will seem.

Right now it’s enough of a commitment to play competitively, but with the 6 round system, it would require playing every day or every other day at weird 4 hour intervals in order to be really competitive. It’s a far better idea to mess with the end times in some way rather than make more end times for everyone.

scullyangel

Avatar: 44656 Mon Aug 17 23:47:33 -0400 2009

[Good Omens]

Level 39 Camwhore

If I was a gila monster you could be my devil ray.

Dunatis Posted:

Stuff above this.

I’m sorry, but no one who is seriously competing does 12 visits twice a week. A week is started with 12 visits banked and there are 3 sets of 12 visits plus a bonus 4 visits – a total of 40 visits. But yes, breaking things down would only exaggerate the power dynamic problems we see with The bumhole. It would also greatly exaggerate the buildr score advantage.

In the land of min scoops someone could potentially win 3 days of the 6 with min of 2 and beat out the person who ends the week with mins of 60+.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Johnny Mac Posted:

I don’t like this idea, wouldn’t this render solo vanilla useless? If you’re pwning every day then you couldn’t ambum more that 8 vanilla if you’re really lucky.

Solo vanilla wouldn’t be useless. With this change you can follow 2 strategies: spend your visits everyday, or focus your power into a few days to have a higher chance of winning. Normally a player can’t stay online at dom end for at least 2 rounds, so if he sees no chance of success, he can save up those visits for the next round and do a solo raid to win the next round.

I HATE NIGS

[WE HATE NIGZ]

Level 24 Hacker

i'm a stupid fine upstanding member of society loving fabulous person who has male fine upstanding member of societys **** in my bumhole

To add a suggestion to this suggestion.

At the end of each round all of your remaining scoops could be converted (1:1) into points for that category.

Make no changes other than that and it seems pretty promising, to me.

(But then the problem of last minute gaining isn’t addressed >_> ) Damn.

I HATE NIGS edited this message on 04/20/2009 8:58PM

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

scullyangel Posted:

I’m sorry, but no one who is seriously competing does 12 visits twice a week.

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

My bad, though I will deny that noone doesn’t ever try at least once to go for a medal when they don’t start day 1 with 12 visits saved up. In brackets other than the top ones there can be an advantage to waiting a few days before even joining in since you’ll end up in a newer bracket with people who also didn’t have 12 saved up for the first day, it might just be others who aren’t “playing seriously” that week. Unless the claim is that unless you’re in the top 10 you aren’t seriously competing.

After next week I will finally start on Pistachio runs so the extra 150-200 a week I’ll eventually get will help when I’m often just 50 behind in getting a medal and I’ll hope to be active every week, not just every other depending on how the last day goes.

scullyangel

Avatar: 44656 Mon Aug 17 23:47:33 -0400 2009

[Good Omens]

Level 39 Camwhore

If I was a gila monster you could be my devil ray.

Dunatis Posted:

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

No, I certainly don’t think that one needs to be top ten to be seriously competing. It is true, it doesn’t matter nearly so much outside the top few brackets, but then as you say one can join mid week in say bracket 10 and still have a shot at medaling. I don’t think the end time and all this would matter nearly so much to players in those brackets, do you? Although the mini-rounds might make things skew even more radically in those brackets where a player might sit alone for 3 days sweeping the mini-rounds with next to no scoops.

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

The end time might matter a whole lot to those in bracket 10 since they might be in a timezone where the end time currently excludes them from ever being able to win in the higher brackets, not because they don’t want to be more competitive, just that they have jobs or other things to do in that last 5 minutes.

And though I may not be in the top tier, it matters to me since I hope to get there someday and I play with 5 chars in Dom when I can. Tier doesn’t dictate willingness and effort nor does it necessarily show skill. There’s probably some people out there who are masters of the metagame but can’t win because of the timing of the end.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

How about making brackets joinable, like a tournament? Set the criteria (number of days, number of medals, endtime) wait until X people join, and…. go! There would be balances based on how many points/medals are winnable according to number of scoops earned (more scoops = more medals) number of scoops destroyed (indicating an active bracket = more medals) number of medals players have earned before (indicating a more competitive bracket and not just an opportunity to boost medal score = more medals) Still difficult to balance though, and not something that could be refined in a live environment – it’d either be set up in a way that works and is dynamic and fun, or not at all.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!