Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Idea: split domination week into 6 rounds
Poll: Good idea?
You must be logged in to vote.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

You know a week has 7 days so if we divide it by 6 we’ll have 1 day and 4 hours. That’s the basis of my change suggestion that will probably make it fairer for everyone no matter what the timezone, and also reduce the imbalance of last minute streaks.

Let’s say we split a domination week into 6 rounds. So bumuming that the week starts on Monday 0:00, then the first round will end on Tuesday 4:00, the second Wednesday 8:00, then Thursday 12:00, Friday 16:00, Saturday 20:00, the sixth on Monday 0:00 again and this is also the end of the week and the beginning of another week. Doing it this way everyone has the chance to play at the end of the rounds that are most suitable for him.

How are the winners decided? After each round you get points for having the most total, fave, and min scoops. When the week ends whoever won the most points for each category will get a medal.

How does this reduce the imbalance of last minute streaks? Well due to the shift of end time, streaks will only help you win a few rounds, so there’s still chance for other players.

Probably it’ll take a lot of efforts to implement this but I think once implemented those 2 biggest problems with domination will become minor. So if you like this idea be sure to vote for me Log in to see images!

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

ingenious idea!

Auser

Avatar: 89481 Thu Feb 26 14:58:28 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

Just south of sanity

I like it, the very serious players can stay up for rounds if they want to and will have rounds that finish conveniently for them. It sounds like it gives more incentive to hold onto scoops through the week too.

GGH

Avatar: 105218 Tue Feb 17 15:32:24 -0500 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

It’s a good idea but it should be hard to implement this.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Wait a second, did quangntenemy actually have a good idea? o.O

Signed, unless I’m too sleepy to see some flaw in this.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

This will give a significantly bigger advantage to players who start the week with 12 visits. Perhaps compensate by giving more points on the last day, so players still have an incentive to whittle away at the ones with all the scoops.

The Jagged R-
ock Fondler

Avatar: 97179 Mon Mar 23 17:25:01 -0400 2009

[bumhurt Virgins]

Level 28 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

As a Britfabulous person i feel something has to be done about the end time of domination. And this seems to be a good idea! How hard it would be to implement it idk.

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

I don’t see the point of this suggestion. To me it seems like it would just make things more complicated and annoying.

Here’s an easier, better solution: Simply divide all brackets except of the three top brackets into different time zones (most likely four different ones). Then allow all players to select the Domination time zone they want to be in with each of their character on their character page (just where you enable/disable characters for Domination).

This way, you could not only make it possible for everyone to play with their prefered Domination round end but you could also make it possible for players with several Domination-focussed characters to be 100% competitive with more than one of them in the same week… this is also the reason why you wouldn’t have to be scared that some of the time zones would be too easy due to too few players – people would simply add their alts to those time zones.

The only problem that would still remain are the top brackets. You should either accept that they still favor American players or make them rotate between the four Domination time zones (which wouldn’t be a perfect solution either because it would be kinda random).

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

FalCoN Posted:

The only problem that would still remain are the top brackets.

Of course, another possible solution would be that instead of three time-zone-seperated top brackets, you make it so that each time zone has one own top bracket and there is only one seperate super top bracket with players from different time zones. This super top bracket should probably have some special features to encourage players to go that far (if you have 4 semi top brackets, you surely need to win medals in your time zone’s top bracket to get into the super top bracket, so the bracket would be super-mega competitive).

You should just make sure that you don’t turn Domination into four parallel universes, that would suck.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

or just eliminate rounds altogether and award medals based on points acgreat timesulated

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

FalCoN Posted:

You should just make sure that you don’t turn Domination into four parallel universes, that would suck.

It appears to me that’s exactly what your solution will create.

quangntenemy edited this message on 04/18/2009 9:49AM

Ardent

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Signed. This is pretty good.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

FalCoN Posted:

Of course, another possible solution would be that instead of three time-zone-seperated top brackets, you make it so that each time zone has one own top bracket and there is only one seperate super top bracket with players from different time zones. This super top bracket should probably have some special features to encourage players to go that far (if you have 4 semi top brackets, you surely need to win medals in your time zone’s top bracket to get into the super top bracket, so the bracket would be super-mega competitive).

wow, timecube?

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Wow I think it’s a really great idea.

A great idea ET will never do. I mean, seriosuly, do you see it happening.

But anyways, it is a good idea. But the players that are already winning medals don’t want other people to have a fair chance, they’ll complain too much.

Grayson81

Level 68 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I won two medals in the top bracket of dom last week. 95% of this was down to my actions in the last 20 minutes of dom, the actions of a few other players in the last 3 minutes and (most of all) a very, very lucky bumhole card in the dying seconds.

Is that really what the medals should be decided on the basis of?

I voted yes to the poll in this thread, but this looks like a total redesign of dom rather than a small tweak which we could realistically expect ET to introduce into the game.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

This sounds cool, I like the idea. I would be more interested in Dom if it wasn’t for things like “if you don’t save 12 visits, you’re screwed” and “the furious scramble in the last five minutes of the week.”

I do think, however, that in addition to receiving points for excelling in the various categories for each round, there should also be points awarded for great timesulative performance, like there is currently. Make it significant, but not the deciding factor, since otherwise there would frequently be little suspense towards the end.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

We could probably do with theme weeks more often in order to test some of this stuff out, once a month perhaps? Every other week? Every week for a month?

It’s a good place to test **** out I say!

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

I don’t like this idea, wouldn’t this render solo vanilla useless? If you’re pwning every day then you couldn’t ambum more that 8 vanilla if you’re really lucky.

Aside from that minor problem I just don’t like the idea from the start, dom doesn’t need to get more complicated and involved, and I don’t want to have to set aside an hour every day of the week to get online and dom, I know I have enough trouble setting aside time on Wednesday night because I work that time often, having time EVERY night would be near impossible rendering me much less competitive.

E: I support testing, also doubting extreme changes like this will ever happen.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 04/20/2009 5:56PM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

The time shift thing seems cool, but the actual totaling process reminds me of a situation that used to come up in a CCG scoring system I judged. Due to the way things laid out individual round performance could make a far greater impact than overall performance. I think we would see the same thing here.

What I see could happen?

Day 1 dude who isn’t playing finishes 12 visits at top of loop, wins max and fav for the day, doesn’t play for rest of week

Each progressive day could see the same thing.

End of week – people who were actually playing out their loop and running visits competitively finish week jockeying for that spare lemon or choc to come out on top. We could easily see 6 way ties in multiple categories every week.

All I can see is that this would almost exclusively give power to the numbers eliminating the strategy of card purchase. Perhaps I am missing something, but it seems to me that all this does is give ultimate power to those who can “raid” at a specific time. I don’t see how it adds any balance to pistachio. How is it going to make any difference by spreading it out?

I’d still be in favor of shifting Dom end time to accommodate a wider variety of players, but really I don’t see how creating mini-rounds is going to solve some of our ongoing problems. It might be intended to make the game a more active thing, to involve people in the rush factor more than once a week, but really it is not hard to know who will set their clocks or whatever. It’s the exact same group of people that were willing to do whatever to accommodate klan raiding in order to maximize advantage.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

I really like FalCon’s idea of different brackets grouped according to time zone.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!