Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News Submission topics per week -- too much or too little?

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

So I thought it would be appropriate to start a side topic/rant for people to talk about the new 7 submission limit.

Personally, I think it’s a good idea but would like to know the specifics of how to get more submissions. Waiting a week for new submissions is a bit harsh Log in to see images!

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

Eh. I think submissions should depend on which category you’re submitting for. Ideas and Logos should take 4 submission points, Designs 3, Posts/Titles 2, and Enemies 1. You should start with around 18 points.

I also think that the Flezz bonuses should be modified to reflect the increased difficulty in getting a winning submission – due to a number of factors, such as the restrictions to submissions, the increased voter (and downvoter) population. How many winning enemies are selected? 20 enemies being selected out of 500 is pretty steep for only a 10 Flezz bonus.

I also think Titles should have a maximum character limit and posts/replies should have a minimum character limit. I can’t count how many times I’ve seen the same title submitted as posts or vice/versa, and titles so long they could have been a post or two.

EDIT: Either that or submission numbers need to be dynamic during the week – if you get an item to a score of 30+ votes you should be able to submit another one for free during the same week.

Corion edited this message on 03/10/2008 2:00AM

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

All of the above ideas are great, BECAUSE I THOUGHT THEM FIRST

Stay out of my brain, CIA enjoy machine!

Legolas

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

All of the above ideas are great, BECAUSE I THOUGHT THEM FIRST

Stay out of my brain, CIA enjoy machine!

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

I’m actually enjoying the lower submission rate, since I have a chance of actually voting through all the submissions now.

Rekslay

Level 26 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

crayoncakes Posted:

I’m actually enjoying the lower submission rate, since I have a chance of actually voting through all the submissions now.

That’s probably what many people think too. Log in to see images!

Snott

[Board of Directors]

Level 17 Troll

ICE VOMIT

crayoncakes Posted:

Agreed. I still wish the submission rate was a *little* higher (15ish?), but I’ll live. If anything, there will be a *lot* less bull**** to wade through.

Lust

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 18 Camwhore

Tubmail me for free flezz!! More mails = more flezz

Submission limit increases as your builder score increases.

You do good, you get more submissions =)

dreamserpent

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

do you think this will make it harder or easier to get the most submissions of any given type epeen?

Snott

[Board of Directors]

Level 17 Troll

ICE VOMIT

Lust Posted:

Submission limit increases as your builder score increases.

You do good, you get more submissions =)

Oh. Then I’m fine with it, since I’ve done alright as far as submissions go. I thought it was locked in… I should pay closer attention to the blog, I guess. <.<

dreamserpent Posted:

do you think this will make it harder or easier to get the most submissions of any given type epeen?

I think it still probably depends how good you are at generating decent content. I suspect the folks that submit quality writing will still float to the top.

Snott edited this message on 03/10/2008 4:35PM

Lust

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 18 Camwhore

Tubmail me for free flezz!! More mails = more flezz

Snott Posted:

Oh. Then I’m fine with it, since I’ve done alright as far as submissions go. I thought it was locked in… I should pay closer attention to the blog, I guess. <.<

Yeah, it’s not retroactive though, so you have to do alright with submissions starting now Log in to see images!

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

Lust Posted:

Yeah, it’s not retroactive though, so you have to do alright with submissions starting now Log in to see images!

Uhh… has anyone got more than 7 submissions this week? I have 50 up votes on one of my ideas and nothing so far.

funkytowel

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Corion Posted:

Eh. I think submissions should depend on which category you’re submitting for. Ideas and Logos should take 4 submission points, Designs 3, Posts/Titles 2, and Enemies 1. You should start with around 18 points.

I also think that the Flezz bonuses should be modified to reflect the increased difficulty in getting a winning submission – due to a number of factors, such as the restrictions to submissions, the increased voter (and downvoter) population. How many winning enemies are selected? 20 enemies being selected out of 500 is pretty steep for only a 10 Flezz bonus.

I also think Titles should have a maximum character limit and posts/replies should have a minimum character limit. I can’t count how many times I’ve seen the same title submitted as posts or vice/versa, and titles so long they could have been a post or two.

EDIT: Either that or submission numbers need to be dynamic during the week – if you get an item to a score of 30+ votes you should be able to submit another one for free during the same week.

I agree, the limit should effect what category you summet. The way it works now i can’t see many pepole wasting there summits on low fizz contest.

maddsurgeon

Level 21 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

I’m new this week, so I don’t know what it was like before, but I think a limit of 7 is fine. Corion’s ideas sound workable, too, though.

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

One thing to add – I wouldn’t mind having less overall submissions if I could axe ones that got -5 voted and submit new ones in their stead.

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

jpsteel Posted:

Uhh… has anyone got more than 7 submissions this week? I have 50 up votes on one of my ideas and nothing so far.

I think it doesn’t get recalculated until the next forum starts.

If I had to make two suggestions regarding the new system-

-Maybe bump the starting submission limit to 10.

-Make it a -active- submission limit. That is, if something gets axed, you should be able to resubmit something new.

I have two that are near the top of Usernames and Thread Titles respectively, but I also had some real stinkers that got exploded, and I’d like to submit something better this time. Log in to see images!

Trout, I take it you aren’t releasing information on how exactly buildrscore is calculated? (or you could have posted about it somewhere else and I missed it)

Hooper_X

[PoE]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I’m seconding a redistribution of submissions. Maybe break it down so you can submit a certain number of each thing a week. Five enemies, three thread titles, two angry replies and a partridge in a pear tree. Also, when one of your ideas is voted out, you get that submission back.

Regardless, only getting seven for the entire week is way too few.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!