Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Banning for not breaking any rules, awesome move.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

AntiRules187 Posted:

i’ve had a friend that was posting a lot in some RP thread that got stickied, so he stopped, yet got banned for the other posts he left.

Please point me to where this happened. It shouldn’t have, the posts should have been deleted after the sticky but no punishments should have been issued.

Unfortunately we don’t have a record of who stickied a thread or when it was stickied, but maybe one of us remembers.

You mean like how KJ’s thread was posted at 1:34 and gigerth’s first post was at 2:06, before the thread was stickied because I was online and saw it? Heh. Yeah.

elionbel

Avatar: 153710 Fri Mar 20 15:57:19 -0400 2009

[Throne of Blood]

Level 19 Emo Kid

“Moan-a Lisa”

eli for mod! rawr!

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I don’t really understand why sticky threads ought to have special rules. If we want to recognize a thread as “great” and protect it from jackbumes, why don’t we just move it to a special forum. A special forum where people can still post in threads, but nobody can create threads there, threads just get moved there. That way every single thread in the special forum can be subject to the same set of rules.

I just find it troubling that “threads a moderator likes” are the only threads in the RP forums that have special rules applied to them.

^^^ It’s called moving it to the non-rp section that already exists and putting “NSFW” in the title if it’s nsfw.

—-

I’m glad I didn’t empty quote gigerth’s first post in there! I was sure going to but something shiny must have distracted me. Perhaps my guardian posting angel? Log in to see images! 1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 edited this message on 04/17/2009 4:23PM

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

I would like to ask. Who thought up this rule, and thought it was a good one? Or do you guys just don’t want to interfere with your fapping material? Because I fail to see why the rule was set ONLY to the Whores Just Wanna Have Fun! forum. It makes no sense.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

CrinkzPipe Posted:

I would like to ask. Who thought up this rule, and thought it was a good one? Or do you guys just don’t want to interfere with your fapping material? Because I fail to see why the rule was set ONLY to the Whores Just Wanna Have Fun! forum. It makes no sense.

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/556954

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

MC Banhammer Posted:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/556954

So you’re basically trying to prevent the definition of this game in stickies. I fail to see why mods aren’t able to do as mentioned above and move the thread, solving all problems.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

1337xxxlolololxxx1337 Posted:

was did purposely ban himself, but he sacrificed himself to expose the grave injustice that is a 2 month ban for gigerth, who 1) doubtfully knew the rule existed and, more importantly 2) was already messing around BEFORE the thread was stickied. Why do you people keep ignoring number 2? If you’re posting repeatedly in a certain thread, you’re not going to notice if it suddenly changes to a sticky. Just because he has a ban history doesn’t mean you should dish out excessive punishments when people aren’t breaking the rules on purpose, as most of us normally are.

Except #2 isn’t true. The report came in for “posting irrelevant images in a sticky thread” – 1) it wouldn’t have been reported if it wasn’t sticky 2) I wouldn’t have gone “oh hey! that big rule in bold applies here” and ask another mod how to proceed.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

CrinkzPipe Posted:

I fail to see why mods aren’t able to do as mentioned above and move the thread, solving all problems.

Because nudity is not allowed in non-RP forums. This, combined with the argument about “defining” threads, made me think in the direction I did.

spacekadt Posted:

Except #2 isn’t true. The report came in for “posting irrelevant images in a sticky thread” – 1) it wouldn’t have been reported if it wasn’t sticky 2) I wouldn’t have gone “oh hey! that big rule in bold applies here” and ask another mod how to proceed.

I don’t believe his first post was before it was stickied, even though his later posts were. He posted less than half an hour after the first post. Ask whoever stickied it when they stickied it. I’m saying it’s unlikely that if someone decides to target a thread they’re going to notice if its status changes to sticky – they probably just keep on the page. Our protest is more over the fact it was 2 MONTHS for a rule he probably didn’t initially break and almost certainly didn’t know about.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

MC Banhammer Posted:

Because nudity is not allowed in non-RP forums. This, combined with the argument about “defining” threads, made me think in the direction I did.

Then place a [NSFW] tag.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Then place a [NSFW] tag.

That doesn’t matter, nudity is still disallowed.

1337xxxlolololxxx1337 Posted:

Our protest is more over the fact it was 2 MONTHS for a rule he probably didn’t initially break and almost certainly didn’t know about.

That’s not actually what the protest was about, but I’m looking into this.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Then can we just make an RP forum for good threads where spamming is not allowed, and instead of stickying threads, just move them there? I think there’s value in having the same rules apply to every single thread in a given forum.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

MC Banhammer Posted:

Then how do you explain all the “post your nudity here!” type of threads in contests?

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 04/17/2009 5:21PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

Then can we just make an RP forum for good threads where spamming is not allowed, and instead of stickying threads, just move them there? I think there’s value in having the same rules apply to every single thread in a given forum.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Clearly this is an issue of interest to the community, and I though that yesterday I made it clear that we were talking about it. Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough.

Expect some changes. Just not super-quick.

scullyangel

Avatar: 44656 Mon Aug 17 23:47:33 -0400 2009

[Good Omens]

Level 39 Camwhore

If I was a gila monster you could be my devil ray.

MC Banhammer Posted:

But here: the only “written” rule against my revealing your alts, or how many Brownie Points you have, or what your current streak is and how many forums visits you have left, is this wording at the top of the mod page:

Note it doesn’t say I can’t reveal the information, only that I shouldn’t. So I guess you’d be okay with it if I did, since it’s not against the rules? Or would you prefer I stick with the intent?

And I certainly wouldn’t get banned if I revealed that information, right? Or be stripped of my mod status? Because nowhere is it actually specified that those would be the consequences. So I guess it’d be okay.

Based on what has happened in the past? Honestly, not only wouldn’t I expect a punishment to come down the line for it, I’d be shocked if it happened. I’m pretty sure I said as much in the thread from a couple months ago questioning the ethics of mods alt revealing.

The suggestion that those who are given power be held to no additional standards, is something I will always have a problem with. Yes, when a player does something out of line he should be smacked, that is the simple call. When a mod/admin does something off base it implies that the users are stupid, complacent and uninterested if no one questions it. If I were an admin I would be far more concerned with players not caring enough to question things. As long as people get riled up when something not quite kosher happens it means they are still involved and care about how things are done.

gig getting a 2 month ban for breaking a rule he was clearly unaware of, a rule that is rather silly given the nature of the site and the forums, is something that should be looked at and reconsidered. was protesting the rule, the ban, and the silly number of sticky threads by posting wacky pictures and lines of literature is simply a matter of pointing out flawed rules and the fact that it is possible the rule makers are suffering from testicular torsion.

I’m tired of arguing about things that should be obvious. If people can’t see why there is an occasional need to question how things work when they are working in a poor or unfair manner, there is certainly nothing I can say to change that situation.

The WJWHF forum still only states that no images should be posted, it seems like it wouldn’t be terribly difficult to update that to reflect the actual rule rather than relying on people psychically guessing the spirit of the rule. I wouldn’t want to break any unwritten rules in the future, so for the sake of clarity can someone please let me know if the spirit of the rule is to prevent the posting any sort of spam, to prevent posting off topic, or both in the sticky threads in the Whores forum?

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Avatar: 61156 Fri Jan 09 16:01:01 -0500 2009

Level 68 Troll

Finest upstanding member of society, ever!

removed

drussthebritishbastard edited this message on 04/17/2009 6:53PM

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

MC Banhammer Posted:

Well if people keep breaking/pushing the rules, bans will keep happening no matter what.

Clearly this is an issue of interest to the community, and I though that yesterday I made it clear that we were talking about it. Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough.

Expect some changes. Just not super-quick.

With this being the case I think the rule should be suspended until a consensus is formed.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

was Posted:

With this being the case I think the rule should be suspended until a consensus is formed.

Or people could simply follow the current rules while we work on the new ones.

And if there is a question about whether or not something is too close to breaking a rule, you can contact a Mod before doing it, which has always been an option.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!