Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Politics Time to make a new rule

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

The stickied rule threads in all forums need to be considered non-rp so they can’t be spammed up with ****. They should actually be locked and accessable by only mods, but I don’t believe that is currently an option in our forums.

Wylin edited this message on 04/17/2009 1:23AM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Wiki page of bannable offenses Posted:

It is at the discretion of any Moderator/Administrator to ban a user temporarily or permanently.

was is lucky I didn’t do a perma.

You want to challenge the rules? That’s not the way to do it.

****ing off mods? ALSO not the way to make a point.

was could be permabanned for all I care. He’s lucky I made it only a week. I’ve asked the other mods to clean up his ****.

Don’t anybody else push this. You’ve been warned.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

was could be permabanned for all I care. He’s lucky I made it only a week. I’ve asked the other mods to clean up his ****.

What do you think about my proposed rule? I’d consider the rules stickies like hallowed ground where there shouldn’t be anything except what the newest of newbies is supposed to read before posting in that forum.

Recommencer

Avatar: 135255 Tue Mar 24 17:02:05 -0400 2009

[Throne of Blood]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I think there should be no stickies in RP Forums, unless they’re rule threads. All these “Post your XXXX” stuff really should be trollable. I say remove the stickies.

Recommencer

[Throne of Blood]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

For example. Any time an Emo Kid starts to put up poetry thread, it gets spammed/flamed to ****. Sure, Emo Kids are easy targets, and I’m in full support of said trolling, but the inverse needs to be applicable as well. When a Camwhore starts a ITT: Funny Pics of Posters, it should be trollable as well. This should be the nature of the game, whereas it seems more that such threads are catered to by, perhaps, simply because of the amount of Camwhores in the game (Clbum or Non-Clbum).

If people honestly want to put shoes on their head. Fine, do it in Ayn Rands. But if people want to RP a Camwhore ( ...shock, I know… ) who wants to gather pictures of their friends, then this should be trollable. Out of fairness, as well as out of the definition of Forumwarz.

My suggestion is move the current Camwhore ITT Stickies to Ayn Rands or Memes and disallow any Non-Rule Stickies in RP forums. I think this is a fair compromise.

Recommencer edited this message on 04/17/2009 1:55AM

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Recommencer Posted:

I think there should be no stickies in RP Forums, unless they’re rule threads. All these “Post your XXXX” stuff really should be trollable. I say remove the stickies.

I like how you think:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/556098=

Wylin Posted:

Only rules posts should be stickied in RP forums.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

iirc the only reason why that rule was put in place was so people didn’t **** up good threads that would be stickied.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 04/17/2009 1:58AM

Recommencer

[Throne of Blood]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Wylin Posted:

Important Stuff. (honestly)

Sorry, Wylin, had I taken the time to explore all of Flamebate this evening, I would have eventually read your statment and supported in that thread. Regardless, I’m in full support of what you’re proposing.

They’re not “good threads” in that they’re not entertaining. People like them because they like to receive attention and feel like they’re part of something. There’s no reason the threads can’t be moved to Ayn Rands with a NSFW warning in the title instead of outlawing RP in the RP forum.

Recommencer

[Throne of Blood]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

****ting up “good” threads is the definition of Forumwarz.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I’m also in favor of “no sticky threads in RP forums unless they’re rules threads”.

BloodyDemise

Avatar: 121820 2010-06-13 01:05:56 -0400

[Throne of Blood]

Level 60 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

Adding my support. When I’m in an RP forum, I don’t want to worry about being on-topic (and whether it will appear the same way to another player). Log in to see images!

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

BloodyDemise Posted:

Adding my support. When I’m in an RP forum, I don’t want to worry about being on-topic (and whether it will appear the same way to another player). Log in to see images!

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

We’ve seen good threads make it along pretty far in rp forums based on the merits of the threads alone. And, if it’s a good thread, it will stay at the top because it will be active.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Wylin Posted:

We’ve seen good threads make it along pretty far in rp forums based on the merits of the threads alone. And, if it’s a good thread, it will stay at the top because it will be active.

This

scullyangel

Avatar: 44656 Mon Aug 17 23:47:33 -0400 2009

[Good Omens]

Level 39 Camwhore

If I was a gila monster you could be my devil ray.

You know what is awesome? New rules that help make things clear for site users.

You know what else is awesome? Not banning people for rules that don’t exist. Yeah, that is p awesome, too.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Make rp forums serious roleplaying forums, and create a new separate subforum for having fun.

Nobody roleplays in roleplaying forums its pretty pathetic. Either encourage it or change the name to simply “NSFW boards”

Inertia edited this message on 04/17/2009 3:00AM

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Something that crops up everytime a really good thread happens in an RP forum is that people request that it be moved to “Full of Won”, not fully understanding what that means. Full of Won is a place where good threads go after they are dead, to celebrate their lives.

So how about instead of stickying good threads that crop up in RP forums, instead we create another forum that’s just for good threads where people can actually post. A thread can only get there because a moderator anointed it as quality, but people can actually continue to post in them (they just can’t create new topics in the forum). In this “hall of good threads” (or whatever), there can be strict rules like “don’t spam”, “don’t post draginz”, “don’t post unrelated images” that keep people from ruining a good thread, and these rules apply equally to every thread in that forum. So that way the only stickies in the RP forums can be “here are the rules” stickies, and the good threads get to go somewhere where they will be treated with appropriate respect.

Seems to me like a better solution than “having a different set of rules for some of the threads in a forum, based on how much a moderator likes them” like we have currently.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

wow, that’s a decent idea!

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

MC Banhammer Posted:

Yes, I am very lucky.

Also, there is no other way. Just like security holes, nothing is considered a problem until there is abuse.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!