Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Music ITT: Electronic Music

Queue_Queue

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Because we’re too cool for mainstream music.

Post your favorite genres/DJs/mixes. Don’t bother mentioning artists or albums: nobody that knows anything about good music listens to them anyway.

Personally? Hardcore… UK, Freeform, Oldskool, Happy. It’s all fair game for me.

And you? No embed youtube links please.

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

my problem is, i don’t know genres as well as i do band names. so i will post a few band names (sorry OP, don’t think you’re gonna get many replies otherwise). i tend toward industrial/rave with my electronic music. with a few other random things here and there.

Lords of Acid

Zeromancer

Intro5pect (electro-punk)

Orgy

The Prodigy

8 Bit Weapon

Daft Punk

Depeche Mode

Basement Jaxx

and whatever they play at Electropolis (monthly DJed show at a local venue) each month

The Jagged R-
ock Fondler

Avatar: 97179 Mon Mar 23 17:25:01 -0400 2009

[bumhurt Virgins]

Level 28 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

This thread has excellent potential.

Drum & Bbum for me all the way, my favourites have to be the old Dreamscape raves,say from 92/96.

Could’nt find much on youtube but this is a good set from Ratty,well worth a listen!

Queue_Queue

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Everybodyknows Posted:

my problem is, i don’t know genres as well as i do band names. so i will post a few band names (sorry OP, don’t think you’re gonna get many replies otherwise). i tend toward industrial/rave with my electronic music. with a few other random things here and there.

Lords of Acid

Zeromancer

Intro5pect (electro-punk)

Orgy

The Prodigy

8 Bit Weapon

Daft Punk

Depeche Mode

Basement Jaxx

and whatever they play at Electropolis (monthly DJed show at a local venue) each month

Interesting selection. Mostly pop (Prodigy, Daft Punk, Depeche Mode, Basement Jaxx), but some cool Belgian New Beat in there too (Lords of Acid… great stuff!)

The Jagged Rock Fondler Posted:

This thread has excellent potential.

Drum & Bbum for me all the way, my favourites have to be the old Dreamscape raves,say from 92/96.

Could’nt find much on youtube but this is a good set from Ratty,well worth a listen!

Hey nice, that’s more of jungle type stuff from back when it was all Hardcore, so that falls under my tastes too. If you haven’t yet, check out DJ Seduction (his older stuff like “Sub Dub”, not his newer UK Hardcore stuff). It’s a bit lighter than pure dark jungle.

Also, have you been keeping up to date with the modern Drum N Bbum? As in Noisia (Vision), Spor (Lifted), etc? Some of that music is wonderful.

The Jagged R-
ock Fondler

[bumhurt Virgins]

Level 28 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

Queue_Queue Posted:

Hey nice, that’s more of jungle type stuff from back when it was all Hardcore, so that falls under my tastes too. If you haven’t yet, check out DJ Seduction (his older stuff like “Sub Dub”, not his newer UK Hardcore stuff). It’s a bit lighter than pure dark jungle.

Also, have you been keeping up to date with the modern Drum N Bbum? As in Noisia (Vision), Spor (Lifted), etc? Some of that music is wonderful.

Yes, Dj Seduction is another old favourite of mine from back in the day. As for the new scene,i’m listening to Calyx,Calibre,Klute,Nu-Tone,Photec & a lot of other random stuff. I have not listened to any Noisia for about a year or so,but the last time i listened to them it was very dark hardcore D&B,not that i’m complaining! But i gotta be in that sort of mood for it. And i will need to lurk moar to find out about Spor, i got to be honest and say i’ve never heard of him/her/them?

This is the newest album i got atm. Nice and mellow,hope you enjoy.

Queue_Queue

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Yes, Dj Seduction is another old favourite of mine from back in the day. As for the new scene,i’m listening to Calyx,Calibre,Klute,Nu-Tone,Photec & a lot of other random stuff. I have not listened to any Noisia for about a year or so,but the last time i listened to them it was very dark hardcore D&B,not that i’m complaining! But i gotta be in that sort of mood for it. And i will need to lurk moar to find out about Spor, i got to be honest and say i’ve never heard of him/her/them?

Yeah, Seduction is one of my favorites, both new and old. He’s making great bouncy UK Hardcore these days, and I really enjoy it.

Your tastes mostly seem to veer towards Liquid Funk-ish and atmospheric Drum N Bbum. Spor and Noisia are more Darker intense type stuff. I recommend “London Elektricity”, and “Omni Trio”. “Billion Dollar Gravy” by London Elektricity is one of my favorite liquid albums, and is very mellow while still being danceable. Omni Trio’s album “The Haunted Science” is a pioneering atmospheric jungle album, similar to older Photek, but a bit more “intelligent” and melodic. It’s a good listen.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

How about some Industrial? Anyone recommend me some stuff I’ve not heard?

The Jagged R-
ock Fondler

[bumhurt Virgins]

Level 28 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

Shii Posted:

Idk what you’ve heard? But i could recommend some Front 242 or Nitzer Ebb. That’s about it for my knowledge of industrial.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

Shii Posted:

Laibach. As their lead-singer puts it, Rammstein is Laibach for kids and Laibach is Rammstein for adults.

Ger-Man

Avatar: 75072 2010-07-15 14:18:11 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Permanoob

WeChall sucks

I like them both

The Jagged R-
ock Fondler

[bumhurt Virgins]

Level 28 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

Queue_Queue Posted:

Your tastes mostly seem to veer towards Liquid Funk-ish and atmospheric Drum N Bbum. Spor and Noisia are more Darker intense type stuff. I recommend “London Elektricity”, and “Omni Trio”. “Billion Dollar Gravy” by London Elektricity is one of my favorite liquid albums, and is very mellow while still being danceable. Omni Trio’s album “The Haunted Science” is a pioneering atmospheric jungle album, similar to older Photek, but a bit more “intelligent” and melodic. It’s a good listen.

Yeah,forgot about Omni Trio! I do like most of their stuff,but i do also like to go the darkside and indulge in some intense music!

Although this is quite mild for Aphex Twin it does get a bit ****ed up towards the end!

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

Ger-Man Posted:

I like them both

That song is awesome on so many levels

Queue_Queue

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Although this is quite mild for Aphex Twin it does get a bit ****ed up towards the end!

Oh believe me, I know Aphex Twin. That stuff is insane…

Anyway, since it seems to be the thing to do, let me post a youtube video or two.

Great Freeform tune. Interesting vocals, really heats up… great tune. I heard it on Bonkers 15 CD2, probably one of if not the best Freeform mix ever. It’s a mixed version so the beats start to mix with the next tune near the end. Too bad. I have a 320 in my DJing folder.

Queue_Queue edited this message on 04/18/2009 7:24PM

Queue_Queue

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

‘Nother post for more music

Another tune that I actually spent money on. It’s a nice bit of UK Hardcore, genre is commonly known as Partycore as it lacks true melody. Still… it’s an absolutely banging tune. I love it, but you guys might not.

I’m shying away from my esoteric side, but maybe I’ll post some later.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

I went through a stoner period and veered off into wierd noise bands, best of which is Tipsy.

I also like matmos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZQN4KR5j2s

Can’t forget The Orb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWMIXgCaJPQ

Bits of shoegaze like FBC FAbric and Reindeer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFkl89uDCpc

Now with more mainstream stuff I apologize for enjoying John Digweed and Dave Seaman. Covenant’s nice, I guess. Also Gotan Project and Bajofondo. DnB, Breakbeat Science. Their Exercise series is awesome. I guess I have very loungy, somewhat vanilla taste.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Also word up queueueueueueueueueue

The Jagged R-
ock Fondler

[bumhurt Virgins]

Level 28 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

Queue_Queue Posted:

’Nother post for more music

Another tune that I actually spent money on. It’s a nice bit of UK Hardcore, genre is commonly known as Partycore as it lacks true melody. Still… it’s an absolutely banging tune. I love it, but you guys might not.

Well you certain love your hardcore Queue_Queue,much respect to you for that. So i have one more video for you to indulge in.

Here is a little something from the oldskool.

The Jagged R-
ock Fondler

[bumhurt Virgins]

Level 28 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

Fortunato Posted:

Can’t forget The Orb

Indeed. The Orb are always worth a mention,always good to listen to when you got some sort of buzz going.

*drifts back to fond memories*

The good old days…

Queue_Queue

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Here is a little something from the oldskool.

Wow, sounds a lot like the older Ruffneck stuff from NL. In the right setting, it can be wonderful. In the wrong setting, it can sound cheesy, lame, and outdated.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Ooh, Laibach, eh? Never heard of them. I do like Rammstein well enough, though.

If you get a chance, check out a little-known Australian industrial band called Jerk. They have a few of their rare videos on Youtube.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!