Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion Discordianism

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Thank you for that thoughtful dissection of my statement, Wicked. I have taken it into account, but I figure that one rule pretty much sums up the entirety of the Rede, or at least the “important” parts. I have never, nor will I ever, blindly follow a rule. I question everything, some things more than others. Hell, at times I have knowingly and willingly gone out of my way to harm something. Why? because it is our nature. All of life is a duality. male and female, chaos and order, life and death, constructive and destructive. for everything around us, there is an opposite that completes it, and we cannot live our individual lives properly by embracing only half of what is around us and shunning the other half. Good and evil are concepts forged of a flawed, limited, and skewed perception of reality, and should have as little hold on our lives as possible.

Zonhin

Level 8 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

Everybody who jokingly or not jokingly follow dis-whatever-the-****ism is just as bad as the flying spaghetti fabulous persons.

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

And I thought I was the troll.

maddsurgeon

Level 21 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

I do worship the Spaghetti Monster. I have also accepted the Ceiling Cat as my personal savior. Log in to see images!

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

the differences:

Discordianism – taoism for people who enjoy excessive non sequitor absurdist humor, but also deep philosophy

Pastafarianism – absurdist “Religion” for skeptic atheists who like to mock people of faith

also why are we talking about wicca here?

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Because while I am Discordian, I also hold to the Wiccan faith.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

that believing in magic stuff is pretty absurd, so it fits in well with discordianism Log in to see images!

Anansi

[Arsenal of Ninjacr-
acy
]

Level 69 Troll

Resident Psychoanalyst

I came across the Principia Discordia before the Illuminatus! trilogy and was thoroughly entertained.

I still don’t know how I read through the entire Illuminatus! trilogy sober. It’s excruciating.

Velveteen Posted:

the differences:

Discordianism – taoism for people who enjoy excessive non sequitor absurdist humor, but also deep philosophy

Pastafarianism – absurdist “Religion” for skeptic atheists who like to mock people of faith

Most Pastafarians I know are just a little too militant. I wouldn’t call Discordianism “deep” though.

Besides, in my experience “deep” is just a code word for “something I really don’t think about”.

Hillary Clin-
ton

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

**** ERIS DISCORDIA, PRAISE “BOB”!

http://www.subgenius.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_SubGenius

Eternal Salvation or Triple Your Money Back!

“**** ‘em if they can’t take a joke.” – J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Marcos El Ma-
lo

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Hillary Clinton Posted:

Hi, I’m a pinkboi!!

BOBBIES OR GTFO11111111

SuperHappyFu-
nKitty

Avatar: 26050 Sat Oct 18 22:48:59 -0400 2008

[ONE HUNDRED PERCEN-
T ACTION KLAN
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Ah, The Church of the Subgenius: Discordianism, but with a better book.

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

i already am a discordian. as is every man, woman, and child on earth. many of them just aren’t aware of it. (i also added the wiki page about the LDD)

if you read and absorbed the knowledge that is contained within the hallowed pages of the Principia, you would know that already.

Marcos El Ma-
lo

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

SubG = Discordia + Marketing

Stang himself said so, under torture.

Hillary Clin-
ton

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

As a Discordian Pope, I excommunicated all other Discordians, and permabanned everyone except myself from being Discordian EVARLog in to see images!

SirIsaac

[Team Shortbus]

Level 9 Troll

WHSOutcast at gmail dot com

Hey how did 1998 go?

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Hillary Clinton Posted:

As a Discordian Pope, I excommunicated all other Discordians, and permabanned everyone except myself from being Discordian EVARLog in to see images!

right….just like when those 3 roman catholic popes all excommunicated each other and claimed they were the one true head of the roman catholic church. you can excommunicate all you want, but unlike in catholicism, any other discordian can excommunicate you right back so it really means jack squat.

Dead Can Dan-
cer

Level 14 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

I am a great fan of Pope Robert Anton Wilson (RIP) and all his fiction and non-fiction work, but I usually hate to admit it because people treat it as too much of a joke, like it is on the same level as an internet meme. Of course the same thing has been true of the Church of the SubGenius for a long time as well. The philosophical points made by both tend to get ignored in favor of the “funny” or “rebellious” aspects.

If it is still in the Hour of Slack archives, look for the show where Stang and RAW just talked for the whole hour, I believe it was originally broadcast in the late 80s or early 90s.

And also, I prefer the Historical Illuminatus! books to the original Illuminatus! trilogy. The Widow’s Son is probably the best thing RAW ever wrote.

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Dead Can Dancer Posted:

I am a great fan of Pope Robert Anton Wilson (RIP) and all his fiction and non-fiction work, but I usually hate to admit it because people treat it as too much of a joke, like it is on the same level as an internet meme. Of course the same thing has been true of the Church of the SubGenius for a long time as well. The philosophical points made by both tend to get ignored in favor of the “funny” or “rebellious” aspects.

If it is still in the Hour of Slack archives, look for the show where Stang and RAW just talked for the whole hour, I believe it was originally broadcast in the late 80s or early 90s.

And also, I prefer the Historical Illuminatus! books to the original Illuminatus! trilogy. The Widow’s Son is probably the best thing RAW ever wrote.

i always liked that Mal2, OKM, and RAW’s contributions were a mix of both philosophy and ridiculousness. i’ll look for that show when i get home. what are the Historical Illuminatus! books? i have both the Illuminatus! and Schrodinger’s Cat trilogies in omnibus form, but you’ve got me curious about those.

Everybodyknows edited this message on 05/20/2008 7:17PM

AKK

Level 33 Troll

IM SO LONELY PLEASE TALK TO ME!!!11!!

AKK reporting in.

ALSO, male reproductive organs and AIDS and male reproductive organs with AIDS.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Dead Can Dancer Posted:

I liked And The Earth Will Shake better. haven’t read the third yet

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!