Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me Should rule changes be announced formally?

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I think they should be announced somewhere, but not necessarily in the options that the poll presents. The various and sundry rules for this game aren’t really organized and concisely expressed in one place that everybody can refer to. It would be super-keen to have something like that.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Also, I just thought I’d note that though “It’s a game about trolling so I can’t get banned for trolling” is a fallacy, I thought I’d note that despite it being a game about trolling does make it ironic that it’s the site strictest on trolling I’ve ever seen. I’ve NEVER seen a site so banhappy as this.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Big Brother Posted:

Also, I just thought I’d note that though “It’s a game about trolling so I can’t get banned for trolling” is a fallacy, I thought I’d note that despite it being a game about trolling does make it ironic that it’s the site strictest on trolling I’ve ever seen. I’ve NEVER seen a site so banhappy as this.

I’d like to express the opposite opinion. I’ve never been a member of a site less banhappy than this one. I do have to say that I’ve also never been a member of a site with a less clear, concise, well-understood, and centralized bank of rules, however.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 04/15/2009 8:51PM

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

There’s a website that you could take a hint from that has a p good idea to solve this problem.

Gaia. (Lol.)

Anyways on their site the mods can post announcements, and when they do they have a tiny thing with a link at the top of a users page that says (1 ANNOUNCEMENT), you click on that, and it goes to a post that says some update or something they are doing. Once you click it the message disappears. Many announcements can stack up and it’s all individual by user, obviously.

It’s a great system, though it seems like it would take quite a bit of coding to get it implemented.

E: Actually scratch that, it’s a perfect system.

EEEEEE: This could pretty much replace twitter altogether of you wanted to, people could disable this in options if it got too spammy for them though it’s not hard to go through 20 announcements in less than a minute.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 04/16/2009 3:17AM

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

MC Banhammer Posted:

Okay, that makes sense. This I can get behind.

A KB article which lists all the rules for the entire site. And the text:

You are NOT posting in a RPG forum! Don’t know why this is important? See here!

changed to

Don’t post until you’ve reviewed the posting rules (updated Month Day Year)

and put on ALL submissions pages, not just non-RP ones.

That sounds about good to me. Can’t complain that you missed an update, and it’s relatively easy to doublecheck what rules apply for where you’re posting.

I wish to subscribe to this newsletter.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Big Brother Posted:

I’ve NEVER seen a site so banhappy as this.

Look at the forums as two separate entities. While the non-RP is pretty strict, the RP is pretty loose.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Theargent Thid Posted:

Look at the forums as two separate entities. While the non-RP is pretty strict, the RP is pretty loose.

On an overall level, yes, but then part of what brought this whole thing up is the fact that someone posted and was banned in a rp forum for this picture.

Sometimes there is a need to look at and rebumess how the rules are working, if they make sense given the community and whether they might actually need changing or amendment.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

But I’ve NEVER seen a forum where someone gets banned for being offtopic. In RP, someone got banned for posting offtopicly. Loose my bum.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Ok, so is there any point at all in yesterday’s great idea:

MC Banhammer Posted:

Okay, that makes sense. This I can get behind.

A KB article which lists all the rules for the entire site. And the text:

You are NOT posting in a RPG forum! Don’t know why this is important? See here!

changed to

Don’t post until you’ve reviewed the posting rules (updated Month Day Year)

and put on ALL submissions pages, not just non-RP ones.

If what actually happens is simply:

MC Banhammer Posted:

was is lucky I didn’t do a perma.

You want to challenge the rules? That’s not the way to do it.

****ing off mods? ALSO not the way to make a point.

was could be permabanned for all I care. He’s lucky I made it only a week. I’ve asked the other mods to clean up his ****.

Don’t anybody else push this. You’ve been warned.

There was no challenge to the rules. There was no rule. My initial thread about the rule problems clearly pointed out the potential for word spam:

Lester Burnham Posted:

These bans were due to the a new rule specific to the Whores Just Wanna Have Fun! forum. This is the only forum with this bonus arbitrary rule. A rule that makes no sense from a spam perspective since I can adblock whatever image I choose completely eliminating that spam, yet if someone wants to go into those same threads and post blank line spam or wall-of-text spam it is a-ok. This rule was implemented a month ago with absolutely zero fanfare anywhere. There was no blog note about it, no twitter update. Here is the edit that was posted to the WJWHF forum rules a month ago.

MCB clearly read it, gave several replies, yet felt no need to comment or amend the existing rules to reflect the fact that this too would be bannable.

So is there a reason for anyone to even care about what is and isn’t ok, if it can all hinge on a moderator’s current mood?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!