Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me Should rule changes be announced formally?
Poll: Should rule changes be announced formally?
You must be logged in to vote.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Recently a new rule was made regarding off topic pics in the Whores forum. Were you aware of the rule? How often do you read the forum specific rules? Should rule changes be announced in a very public way – blog, twitter, black bar announcement?

Oh, also? We like looking at ****s. We don’t so much like looking at non-****s. Posting any images in Sticky threads in this forum which do not directly apply to the subject of the thread is bannable.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 03/02/2009 4:05PM

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Make a post in Games Discussion regarding the new rule change.

That would be sufficient in my opinion. Black bar isn’t necessary because it doesn’t pertain to the actual game, and I never read blog/twitter ever, so I’d miss it.

Rage_****

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I AM SURPRISED THAT THIS WEBSITE IS STILL AROUND

Shii Posted:

That would be sufficient in my opinion. Black bar isn’t necessary because it doesn’t pertain to the actual game, and I never read blog/twitter ever, so I’d miss it.

This.

Signed!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Other. The rule in question WAS announced formally, by a posting of said rule by a moderator in the appropriate thread. This is how all new/modified (and sometimes deleted) rules are announced.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Shii Posted:

Sticky it for a week as well. That would make it hard to miss for regular posters. Currently new rules are being announced in a topic that no one reads which leads to confusion and potentially bans for players with good intentions.

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

It goes without saying that I believe the lack of a centralized rule base and poor broadcasting of rule changes are in some ways detrimental to this site. Though, as I found in my efforts to change this the moderation staff and the Crotch Zombie admins seem comfortable in their apathetic approach to displaying the rules.

However, it seems that no amount of threads in Game Discussion will be effective in changing this. Ultimately it is up to the staff to decide if they want to accept input from the users. Until then, I think it would be best if we as the users could do our best to keep the wiki article on rules as up to date as possible and occasionally posting a new thread in here or there to bring attention to the rest of the site.

Short of a black bar notification of rule changes or a centralized rule page, this is the most logical option.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

MC Banhammer Posted:

Other. The rule in question WAS announced formally, by a posting of said rule by a moderator in the appropriate thread. This is how all new/modified (and sometimes deleted) rules are announced.

So everyone needs to check that thread every time before they post? I don’t think that’s reasonable.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Shii Posted:

No, make a thread in the relevant forum, then sticky it

or edit title of the rules thread with “[UPDATED]” for a week or so

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

the Pro Posted:

So everyone needs to check that thread every time before they post? I don’t think that’s reasonable.

Any other reasonable solution requires the users to check SOMEwhere. A black bar, for example, is only effective as long as it’s displayed. This does nothing for someone who goes on vacation for a week or two. And some people bookmark directly to the forum pages and so wouldn’t see it anyway (this has happened before).

So if the user has to check SOMEwhere for the posting rules, I can think of no better place than the very place where they’re posting.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Inertia Posted:

No, make a thread in the relevant forum, then sticky it

We have this already. It’s the rules threads themselves. If there are updates, you should read them.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

the Pro Posted:

Exactly. Not just that, there is a different one for each forum, so every time a reply is made the implication is that it should be checked rather than just watching for the “You are NOT posting in a RPG forum!” That just seems far too time intensive and silly.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Xylon Posted:

Short of a black bar notification of rule changes or a centralized rule page, this is the most logical option.

Centralized rule page is a pretty doable and appropriate solution.

rules page in the knowledge base maybe?

with a link to the relevant article instead of the GD post when you post.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 04/15/2009 7:23PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

Centralized rule page is a pretty doable and appropriate solution.

rules page in the knowledge base maybe?

with a link to the relevant article instead of the GD post when you post.

Which then everyone will have to click on every time to see if it’s been updated. And then they’ll complain again.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 04/15/2009 7:26PM

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

MC Banhammer Posted:

So if the user has to check SOMEwhere for the posting rules, I can think of no better place than the very place where they’re posting.

Why would it be less effective to have one central list of all the rules? People need to read “all the rules to keep you from getting banned”, it has the vast majority of rules and every independent forum redirects to that list. Why wouldn’t it make sense to add forum specific rules to that? Simply add a little sectional note to the main rules, so people don’t need to read 18 individual rules stickies?

scully edited this message on 04/15/2009 7:28PM

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

MC Banhammer Posted:

Which then everyone will have to click on every time to see if it’s been updated. And then they’ll complain again.

Then add a UPDATED(date here) tag to the thread whenever it’s updated., for every problem you bring up, there is a simple solution.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 04/15/2009 7:27PM

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Make it so that everyone has to click through something every time a rule changes so that they know the rule changed. That way they have to see it, and they don’t have to see it every time they post, just every time a rule changes.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Then add a UPDATED(date here) tag to the thread whenever it’s updated., for every problem you bring up, there is a simple solution.

Okay, that makes sense. This I can get behind.

A KB article which lists all the rules for the entire site. And the text:

You are NOT posting in a RPG forum! Don’t know why this is important? See here!

changed to

Don’t post until you’ve reviewed the posting rules (updated Month Day Year)

and put on ALL submissions pages, not just non-RP ones.

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

MC Banhammer Posted:

I can appreciate the tone of your point of view on this. However, not everyone is in every thread. If there is an up to date rule page and someone claims ignorance it is on them, however if the rules are scattered through out the forums and someone claims ignorance some of the blame falls on the moderators.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

MC Banhammer Posted:

changed to

That would work beautifully.

scullyangel

Avatar: 44656 Mon Aug 17 23:47:33 -0400 2009

[Good Omens]

Level 39 Camwhore

If I was a gila monster you could be my devil ray.

MC Banhammer Posted:

changed to

I think that would be a very effective solution. The notice would be right there, if people ignore the “updated on” date and post anyway it is their own fault.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!