Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Politics Suggestion: Make 10 medals the minimum requirement to post in the domination forum

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I disagree with the suggestion, for the simple reason that a topic like “For those of you who don’t play Dom, why not?” is a reasonable topic to discuss, and is something that really belongs in the Dom forum. At the same time though, it’s something that only people who don’t play Dom very much if at all can really comment on.

People who don’t know anything, commenting on the things they don’t know about should just be ignored.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

CrinkzPipe Posted:

I disagree. What if a newbie doesn’t understand it fully, or wants to know how to get some medals?

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

CrinkzPipe Posted:

I disagree. What if a newbie doesn’t understand it fully, or wants to know how to get some medals?

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Kilroy Posted:

Yeah, you can’t discriminate what people know by how many medals they have. I got the 3 medals I have on complete accident.

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

I know for myself, I’ve been getting into difficult brackets with this guy who is my main while I’ve gotten a total of 20 among my other alts including 8 on my Permanoob. Even at bare minimum you’d need 4 weeks to get those 10 medals and in the weeks since this Dom season has started, not even the top players have 7 yet so it’s not that easy to just get 10 Medals.

It would be another one of those things where “Haha, I got here first so have privileges above you suckers” reminiscent of the Leaderboards.

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

How is a person supposed to get 10 medals if they are confused by the wiki and can’t ask questions of other players? The Domination forum is non rp so it’s a safe place for new players to get help from experienced ones. I don’t think it’s fair at all to exclude players based on their level of accomplishment. Too elitist imo. Is this really the image we wish to present to new players?

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Wylin Posted:

Everyone would be able to read, and the wiki explains how to get scoops if I remember right. But if you look at the new bingebot poll, there are alot of people with 0 medals discussing how klan raiding is currently working.

But all you established raiders are the ones that ****ed up domination. How do you suppose we get any new ideas?

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

was Posted:

But all you established raiders are the ones that ****ed up domination. How do you suppose we get any new ideas?

I have to disagree, I think this current funk was caused by bingebot trying to placate the “I’m not in a klan and I can’t compete” crowd by making klans useless.

twas

Level 35 Troll

Wylin Posted:

I have to disagree, I think this current funk was caused by bingebot trying to placate the “I’m not in a klan and I can’t compete” crowd by making klans useless.

I must have missed when they restricted how many klan members can be in a bracket together. From my point of view a lot of the changes were suggested to impair Board of Directors, but you guys failed to see how it would affect you as well.

scullyangel

Avatar: 44656 Mon Aug 17 23:47:33 -0400 2009

[Good Omens]

Level 39 Camwhore

If I was a gila monster you could be my devil ray.

Answer to trolly as hell survey: no, it is ridiculous to make an bumessment like that. Experience helps, but no one player or group of players is or should be more entitled than any other in the open forums. One could just as easily say that since klan vanilla has historically given a ridiculous “click here for medals” advantage that the only players who should be able to comment on things are those who have earned their medals solo. (Posting with my “never had klan vanilla” alt to make sure it’s cool that I post this opinion. Log in to see images!)

As to the current comments – hold up there. There are by far more unklanned players than there are klanned players. Klanned players tend to be more vocal and present on Flamebate, it does not mean they are the majority. If we are simply going to look at pleasing the majority the only thing that needs to be addressed is the Stray Bullet problem.

Honestly, I think this thread is stupidly troll bait based, can’t believe it’s being gotten away with since it has no merit game wise and no business being taken seriously. If you want to **** specifically about the opinion differences between klanned, unklanned, casual and experienced Dom players, why not just do that instead of making a snarky poll that will do nothing except breed ****iness.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

was Posted:

I must have missed when they restricted how many klan members can be in a bracket together. From my point of view a lot of the changes were suggested to impair Board of Directors, but you guys failed to see how it would affect you as well.

I’m not sure what changes you are referring to. I’m talking about changes such as limiting ppl to 1 raid in a certain amount of time, not allowing alts, and limiting the amount of people that can join a raid. I don’t recall ever wanting any of these changes.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

scullyangel Posted:

Honestly, I think this thread is stupidly troll bait based, can’t believe it’s being gotten away with since it has no merit game wise and no business being taken seriously. If you want to **** specifically about the opinion differences between klanned, unklanned, casual and experienced Dom players, why not just do that instead of making a snarky poll that will do nothing except breed ****iness.

I don’t know why you feel this way, I got a similar reaction back when I suggested making flamebate inaccessible to level 1 characters. It is discussing a part of the game, and if anyone is trolling, it seems more like it’s you.

Edit: Oddly enough, it was a year and 10 days ago that I suggested restricting flamebate. Here is the link: http://forumwarz.com/discussions/view/5299 There is no need for you to bash my ideas and say that I’m making them to troll. People thought I was being an bum when I posted that one I linked to also, then it ended up being a good idea.

Wylin edited this message on 04/14/2009 2:31AM

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Wylin Posted:

I don’t know why you feel this way, I got a similar reaction back when I suggested making flamebate inaccessible to level 1 characters. It is discussing a part of the game, and if anyone is trolling, it seems more like it’s you.

Edit: Oddly enough, it was a year and 10 days ago that I suggested restricting flamebate. Here is the link: http://forumwarz.com/discussions/view/5299 There is no need for you to bash my ideas and say that I’m making them to troll. People thought I was being an bum when I posted that one I linked to also, then it ended up being a good idea.

It was a good idea to keep out illegal alts such a irawr, and that ruined flamebate imo, still a bad idea imo.

CreepPipe

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

Wylin Posted:

It was a good idea back then when you came up with that suggestion. But this post seems to be more about narcissism and being elitist as opposed to actually adding a redeeming value to the site. Because that was more geared towards abuse.

Now you’re trying to deny newer users of information about dom. And let’s face it…for a newer user that 10 page comic hardly explains anything.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

CreepPipe Posted:

And let’s face it…for a newer user that 10 page comic hardly explains anything.

I learned to play dom with that comic.

CreepPipe

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

ChilePepino Posted:

I learned to play dom with that comic.

Good for you but for most people (minimum scoops) makes absolutely no sense in the comic.

Glad it benefited someone though, because that comic complicated the hell out of min scoops for me Log in to see images!

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

CreepPipe Posted:

Good for you but for most people (minimum scoops) makes absolutely no sense in the comic.Glad it benefited someone though, because that comic complicated the hell out of min scoops for me Log in to see images!

yeah, i can see how that’s confusing. Anyway, i’m not one wanting to see the dom forums being closed to newbs.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

CreepPipe Posted:

It was a good idea back then when you came up with that suggestion.

If you look over the entire thread, I got called an elitest prick back then when I asked them to restrict it from level 1’s.. Now it’s restricted to level 4+.

CreepPipe Posted:

Now you’re trying to deny newer users of information about dom. And let’s face it…for a newer user that 10 page comic hardly explains anything.

Nope, just a certain amount of playing in domination before they can post in domination. Lots of people get medals by accident, it’s not really that hard to get at least a few, maybe I should have had an option in the poll for 2 or 3.

Wylin edited this message on 04/14/2009 2:48AM

twas

Level 35 Troll

Wylin Posted:

I’m not sure what changes you are referring to. I’m talking about changes such as limiting ppl to 1 raid in a certain amount of time, not allowing alts, and limiting the amount of people that can join a raid. I don’t recall ever wanting any of these changes.

I am talking about the same changes. And I am sorry you didn’t include yourself in the discussion about them. Maybe you should see if Binge Bot will let you into his domination round table. I don’t expect too much out of it, because more than likely it’s the same people that got us in the situation we are in now.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Oh just realised that comic is out of date because min scoops only awards 1 medal now

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Wylin Posted:

The reason for the Flamebate thing is so that players who have been banned cannot simply create a new level 1 character and start ****ting things up again. The reason behind the level 4 posting restriction makes a good deal of sense.

A separate restriction for commenting or contributing an opinion to any game discussion area? Can I choose who gets to contribute instead of some arbitrary number goal? Half of my medals on this character are klan and half are solo. I would like to be able to count for double opinion due to these special conditions. Or how about for each medal you get one opinion point and the validity of your comments are weighted. Can I comment with all my alts, too? If we are going to be using your “medals validate opinions” scenario, I’m pretty sure my “opinion” is considerably more valid than yours.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but honestly I don’t have any gamer respect for half the people with tons of medals. Being able to click “join raid” and then wait to be told “hit” really hasn’t ever been something I considered epic gaming. Particularly after being involved with raiders last season who couldn’t seem to get that whole “hit” portion of things done in a timely fashion.

What if a solo player was proposing this and suggesting that the standard for commenting was winning 10 medals without klan vanilla how would that work out for you?

This is a ridiculous idea and one that shouldn’t be proposed in a serious manner by a site veteran.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!