Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Politics Suggestion: Make 10 medals the minimum requirement to post in the domination forum

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Wylin Posted:

I don’t know why you feel this way…

Wylin Posted:

I disagree with the topic, people that don’t know anything about dom should get to post.

Do you get why people think you’re troll-baiting now?

Wylin Posted:

Nope, just a certain amount of playing in domination before they can post in domination. Lots of people get medals by accident, it’s not really that hard to get at least a few, maybe I should have had an option in the poll for 2 or 3.

I got to 3 medals by accident. Setting the bar that low lets in exactly the kind of people you originally claimed you want to keep out – people who don’t know how to play dom – because Medals aren’t directly indicative of Dom knowledge. All it would really be is a week or more delay in players getting to post in a forum. There’s a lot of variables in winning Dom medals, making it impossible to set a bar that you can’t exceed by accident but will definitely exceed quickly with dedication.

Wylin Posted:

I also like the idea because I like the concept of “unlocking” more and more as I grow at a game.

Rephrased: “I like the idea of putting hurdles in front of other players’ access as I get past the point where they would affect me.” I understand that you don’t want “lesser players” interrupting your discussions… but you’ve ignored my post here just fine so far, why can’t you just do the same in Dom discussions, instead of implementing a restriction on what everyone else sees and does?

Lester Burnham Posted:

I support no restrictions beyond what Flamebate already imposes. I disagree with your concept as I find it to be exclusionary, elitist, and based on an arbitrary factor that you personally deem important, yet has no bearing on the validity of the opinions that may be offered.

This. 100% this.

Inconnu Posted:

Yes, this is a good point, but there could be much more interesting options to implement it. I.e. making a small in-game NPC (Aquarius?) and a mission to get the first medal (involving a tutorial obviously). After completition, the Dom forum would be unlocked.

I see how this is appealing… However, does completing a tutorial of any kind really prepare a player to talk about klan-based raiding or intricacies of strategy? What Wylin started out complaining about was that players who’d never been in a raid were talking about raid tactics. Would a pre-programmed tutorial ever prep a player for discussing the tactics currently in use on Dom? Would it prepare them to talk about what Dom used to be like in the “good old days” the OP talks about?

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

kittiejenn Posted:

I disagree with this because newbs need to be able to post too.

Even if they did this though, 10 is WAY too many… it would take at least 4 weeks of domming to get up to 10 now. Kinda skewed when I’m pretty sure you can get on flamebate from one day of playing.

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

Here’s the thing, noobs would post anyways, except that they would be posting in other areas. Suddenly since they can’t post in Dom forums they move over to Game Discussion since they’d have legit questions concerning the game, or Episode 2 discussion essentially just moving discussion about Dom all over the place. The reason that they are subdivided is to keep similar topics together.

Unless of course you want Mods to close threads and ban characters for talking about Dom out of the proper forum (since if they were to simply move the thread into Dom that would banish the point and force replies to be made from entirely new threads)

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Samildanach Posted:

Rephrased: “I like the idea of putting hurdles in front of other players’ access as I get past the point where they would affect me.” I understand that you don’t want “lesser players” interrupting your discussions…

I understand Wylin’s point of “it’s neat to have tangible rewards for progressing in the game”, but I think the key distinction should be “things you unlock should be new things, and not things that people already had, but they were taken away so that people would have the ‘pleasure’ of unlocking them.”

If there was a “hardcore domination” forum created that required some number of medals nobody has yet (say 50) to access (for people who are not mods or admins), that would be fine. People who are there would have considerable voice in terms of “I know what I’m talking about when it comes to Dom”, and people who don’t know what they’re talking about wouldn’t get in.

But taking things away from people is always going to breed resentment.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 04/14/2009 3:16PM

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

was Posted:

I must have missed when they restricted how many klan members can be in a bracket together. From my point of view a lot of the changes were suggested to impair Board of Directors, but you guys failed to see how it would affect you as well.

I have to take a small amount of issue here. I think what impairs BoD, more than anything, is the inability to use alts. I don’t recall anyone, other than binge, liking this idea. Hell, I’ve railed against it oodles of times… using BoD as a prime example of why that aspect sucks. Leave the 5 active alts, leave the raid cap (hell, reduce it to 10), leave vanilla at one scoop and allow alts in the same raid – I think that one little change can go a hell of a long way to fixing klan raids.

Anyway, to the original topic… not so fond of limiting access to the forum. It’s pretty well known who participates and who doesn’t when considering feedback. As for ideas a first day newb may just say something worth hearing.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Samildanach Posted:

Good Post

Great post that sums up this thread and the counter argument.

Phariad

Avatar: 129763 Mon Jun 15 22:35:47 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 43 Troll

“Banned Camper”

Now, if we had multiple chat rooms in IDC, we could have a “Dom Veteran” chatroom…

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

Phariad Posted:

Now, if we had multiple chat rooms in IDC, we could have a “Dom Veteran” chatroom…

Phariad Posted:

Now, if we had multiple chat rooms in IDC

Phariad Posted:

if we had multiple chat rooms in IDC

Phariad Posted:

multiple chat rooms in IDC

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!