Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me Are you Raiding?

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

You gamble? I press a bumon to run a script and it sort of gambles on my behalf.

well yeah that’s what i meant by gambling everyday anyway

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

CreepPipe Posted:

I gamble everyday but antifreeze hardly ever wins a round unless you switcheroo between anti and pistachio which gets messy.

Using switcheroos is the only way to get flava in the upper brackets. Working against that strategy is the stray bullet, as you may be left needing to card down using your flava scoops for another switch.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Do we really need a poll to confirm that klan raiding was effectively killed by the last changes? This only strengthens my impression that Bingebot doesn’t really know what’s going on in dom. Log in to see images!

For the record I get scoops by starting a new pistachio loop every three or four weeks, run the gamble script, speedrun forums and do solo vanilla runs. Only the latter is a somewhat interesting activity.

Amasius edited this message on 04/14/2009 5:11AM

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Amasius Posted:

This only strengthens my impression that Bingebot doesn’t really know what’s going on in dom. Log in to see images!

I think that is unfair. Domination is the only place where player suggestions are asked for and opinions are considered before changes are made. I am somewhat surprised that no one has seen their own hand in this and instead everyone is blaming Bingebot as if all changes were made unilaterally. You must admit Bingebot’s task is not easy. Everyone complains that the game is too easy, but when a portion of domination gets tougher people quit.

Wyrd

Avatar: 2782 2011-10-31 19:56:49 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

I tried to get over myself, but I'm just too awesome!

was Posted:

You must admit Bingebot’s task is not easy. Everyone complains that the game is too easy, but when a portion of domination gets tougher people quit.

Not tougher, useless, compared to solo vanilla. Finding the right balance is indeed very tough.

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

solo.

only half-miss klan raiding, though. 7 hour raids were just stupid.

Someone’s membership might need to be reconsidered. Log in to see images!

Zalan

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

was Posted:

I think that is unfair. Domination is the only place where player suggestions are asked for and opinions are considered before changes are made. I am somewhat surprised that no one has seen their own hand in this and instead everyone is blaming Bingebot as if all changes were made unilaterally. You must admit Bingebot’s task is not easy. Everyone complains that the game is too easy, but when a portion of domination gets tougher people quit.

While the original statement was a bit blunt, my background concern is that (unless this was added recently) tracking where scoops are coming from still hasn’t been implemented. And if you’re changing a system, data is your best friend for creating trends.

I’m not saying that Binge is not doing a good job, and the ability for players to comment on these things is great, but it’s simply a poor vehicle to use for gaining these results since honestly, how many players actually read Flamebate?

Anyway, Ricket posted earlier on behalf of BoD. Why the hell you would want to raid under the current system is beyond me. The old system might’ve taken a while, swapping back and forth with alts and such, but I still found it a more engaging system than the one in place, and more enjoyable because of it.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

was Posted:

Well, it certainly is true that he asks for opinions and I appreciate that. But I think he has to do it because he isn’t really monitoring what’s actually happening or why else could he bumume that people still raid?

It’s very difficult to balance a game like dom but it is now much better balanced than it was in the first two seasons despite all the still existing problems and we had to complain a lot to get some of the biggest flaws (like the alt towers in season 2) fixed and it took them many weeks to do that. Players often disagree but all in all our input has helped a lot to improve the game. I’m quite sure that nobody ever asked to prevent the use of alts in raids and that’s the change that killed raids. It was Bingebots idea and he hasn’t asked for opinions before he changed that.

I’m not sure what you mean with “when a portion of domination gets tougher people quit”. That some people stop playing because they can’t win medals without vanilla from klan raids? If so, well, raids are a nice social activity and the only meaningfull one for klans Forumwarz has. Killing them wasn’t the smartest thing to do, it went from one extreme (utterly overpowered raids) to the other. Forumwarz has no real challenges left except winning medals in dom because in dom you compete with other people. I’m only still playing because kicking Rickets bum is a worthy challenge.

That said the announced Domination Advisory Board is a great idea and I hope that it gets active soon.

Amasius edited this message on 04/14/2009 6:49AM

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

I stopped raiding after the changes were made that ruined klan raiding. The changes that weakened the klan’s unity and community.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Raepdog Posted:

I stopped raiding after the changes were made that ruined klan raiding. The changes that weakened the klan’s unity and community.

Yeah I feel much closer to my klanmates when raiding was still going on. At least it was a group activity, you know, a social activity in its broadest definition. Kinda like group hunting for lions. I miss it.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Amasius Posted:

That said the announced Domination Advisory Board is a great idea and I hope that it gets active soon.

Yes. Also most of this thread.

Hardcode

Avatar: 4791 Fri Oct 17 06:18:52 -0400 2008

[Board of Directors]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Solo vanilla and pistachio loops.

The only point of being in a klan now is to chat with friends – now if klan raids were un-nerfed I might not be considering what I am now considering, which is stopping playing and getting some of my life back.

Pity ‘cos I used to like the big raids.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the demise of klan raids. I’ve been out of the loop for a while, but I know that people were constantly complaining about or trying to find a solution to the “klan advantage”. There were a few people who managed to medal near the end of the first season without a dedicated dom klan, but I think that players like Arktor were the exceptions that proved the rule.

Currently a lot of the same people are still getting medals regularly despite the lack of klan raids. Klans are still beneficial, in that the dom klans have strong agreements among members and weaker ones between klans to collaborate where possible.

The people I’ve talked to recently don’t seem to miss the old raids much at all. I certainly didn’t have fun raiding, but I did it much more than I wanted to because it was the easy way to win medals. A lot of people want to win more than they want to have fun, so if you have an annoying mechanic that gives you an advantage, you’re forcing a lot of people to use it in order to play domination effectively. There are limits to what (sane) people will do, but we all know that there are players willing to spend 8 hours a day playing blackjack in order to powergame their way through.

My suggestion is to slightly improve klan raids to the point where they are weaker than solo runs for the purpose of purely gaining scoops, but strong enough for Generichaxor’s use to make sense. I’m not well informed about domination, but I think it’s an interesting mechanic from a game design perspective, and it allows non-competitive players to engage in teamwork. Also maybe allowing an alt or two per player in a raid would be good, a lot of people have been left with way too many alts to use. If you aren’t planning on getting medals in the current week, and someone else in your klan is, being able to use your visits to give them a boost is great. Giving both of you a boost is boring.

tl;dr this is a better situation than the old one, and could be better still.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!