Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay We need more moars

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

In itembuildr, for everything else we see essentially useless equipment since we can always buy better at our own shops (except for the special items which as far as I’m concerned were a bit of an oversight/mistake) but more importantly, after 4 piercings it gets to be a pain just to try and come up with any half decent ideas.

There’s only so many things you can pierce, so many glbumes you can make and designers would be rather boring to make and vote on. With Fetishes or books you can get a little inventive but the real money is in .moars. You can’t buy them anywhere else, the algorithm will make sure that it won’t be the best possible .moar for you (or at least the odds are terrible) and there’s a lot more freedom for creators to be inventive.

That and Junk, Junk is awesome for simple creative purposes.

Maybe I’m just not clever enough.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

No. The first .moar in itembuildr was a horrible mistake. Now it looks messy to have .moars with pictures and descriptions and the rest don’t. Plus, splitting them into the right parts/putting them into the right forums would be annoying.

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

They don’t need to be in forums at all, actually I would hate to see that since I’m working on getting drop stats for all the forums. I fear the day that they add or remove anything since I’ll basically have to restart from scratch, which would suck hairy balls.

And awkward though it may be, they are not ever likely to be end game files. Nothing but the special items would ever be since the only other special item readily available was kinda made of suck.

I’m coming mainly from the standpoint of item creation. It’s boring to try and come up with extremely narrow fields like glbumes, shoes or piercings when there’s so much potential in .moars, books, fetishes and junk.

Dunatis edited this message on 04/12/2009 9:05PM

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

No. The first .moar in itembuildr was a horrible mistake. Now it looks messy to have .moars with pictures and descriptions and the rest don’t. Plus, splitting them into the right parts/putting them into the right forums would be annoying.

Agreed. I honestly would prefer it if the current itembuildr .moar ceased to exist, or at least was stripped of its picture (alternatively, all other .moars could be given pictures, but how long would that take?)

When there’s time to make more .moars (probably ep. 3 development), they’ll make more of them. But itembuildr is not the right way to do it.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

Agreed. I honestly would prefer it if the current itembuildr .moar ceased to exist, or at least was stripped of its picture (alternatively, all other .moars could be given pictures, but how long would that take?)

When there’s time to make more .moars (probably ep. 3 development), they’ll make more of them. But itembuildr is not the right way to do it.

I wouldn’t mind another 256 .moars; however I agree that they don’t belong in buildr. What’s the point of collecting them if you might randomly end up with more of them because of buildr? Buildr devalues collecting .moar files.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Yes .moar files is supposed to be gotten from forums not from shops.

Too late to fix that now I guess.

horrible planning

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

The engine doesn’t support more interesting or varied files than what we have already. The only variable that matters is offense.

We don’t need more powerful files as we’ve already gone way beyond the limits of the game engine. Only a tiny minority of files are interesting from a gameplay point of view (basically, whichever grands the most offense in each clbum, the greater that value being, the less all other stats matter) and everything else is junk.

As forums are added, existing moar files are reused at different drop rates, effectively making rare files less rare (if you know where to farm for them) Without rarity, there’s little point in collecting files.

So, collectors need new moar files, but noone else does. Moar files created by itembuildr are by definition not rare, since the supply is not restricted.

Itembuildr serves no useful purpose to gamers or collectors, and so far, all it has managed to achieve is to harm the game.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

The engine doesn’t support more interesting or varied files than what we have already. The only variable that matters is offense.

We don’t need more powerful files as we’ve already gone way beyond the limits of the game engine. Only a tiny minority of files are interesting from a gameplay point of view (basically, whichever grands the most offense in each clbum, the greater that value being, the less all other stats matter) and everything else is junk.

As forums are added, existing moar files are reused at different drop rates, effectively making rare files less rare (if you know where to farm for them) Without rarity, there’s little point in collecting files.

So, collectors need new moar files, but noone else does. Moar files created by itembuildr are by definition not rare, since the supply is not restricted.

Itembuildr serves no useful purpose to gamers or collectors, and so far, all it has managed to achieve is to harm the game.

I hate to say it but I agree. Itembuildr is thus far causing a lot more problems than its fixing.

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Fortunato Posted:

I hate to say it but I agree. Itembuildr is thus far causing a lot more problems than its fixing.

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

Unfortunately it’s unlikely that they’ll suddenly nuke all the Dragon Balls and Master Balls leaving us castrated and back where we should be for fixing balance, and since there is a limit of 200 items (At least I couldn’t get more) and there being 256 .moars, you can’t collect them all anyways except for in non-extracted files (which is where I’m collecting mine).

I don’t see the .moars with descriptions and pics as a huge issue since none are end game files anyways, but then again I obviously collect in a different manner than some of you.

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Nah moars are something that should be grinded for, not thrown up in the shop. Moars are probably the best way to make flezz and take a lot of time and effort for the better ones to acquire. If item buildr started getting flooded with them, the demand of ones like pink floyd, blood splatter and such would shoot down a lot, turning the economy upside down.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!