Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Domination Ending time

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

man-man Posted:

What about moving the domination end day to the weekend? Then there’s more flexibility in moving the time – won’t have to worry about working hours.

Some people like going out on weekends and moving dom time to that will cause bumhurt too.

PseudoNymph

Avatar: 25470 Mon Jun 01 23:26:50 -0400 2009

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Yea, if it moves to a weekend, I’m effectively screwed.

Brock Samson

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Re dei sepolcri Posted:

Instead of 3AM in Europe and 21PM in the US, i propose 23PM in Europe and 17PM in the US, it should be fair for all, if anything, it is slightly in favour of americans, because some europeans may need to go to sleep before the end time for working hours in the morning.

Contrary to popular belief, there are multiple timezones in North America. 2pm on a weekday would be a hell of a lot worse for me than 3am would be.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

The best solution I have yet to hear proposed is a rolling finish time, changing by six hours every week. 9:00 PM EST, 3:00 AM EST, 9:00 AM EST, 3:00 PM EST. Make sense?

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

scully Posted:

Simply rotating end time has always been the best idea, imo. Three week rotation: noon, 8 pm, 4 am. Four week rotation: 9 am, 3 pm, 9 pm, 3 am. Should it be changed, it would still screw over someone, but the rotating thing would be more inclusive overall.

Spread the bumhurt around, you say? Log in to see images!

Seriously, this is a good idea.

*Adds to list of good ideas the CZ will never implement*

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Fortunato Posted:

The best solution I have yet to hear proposed is a rolling finish time, changing by six hours every week. 9:00 PM EST, 3:00 AM EST, 9:00 AM EST, 3:00 PM EST. Make sense?

Nope, finishing at 3am is preferable to not being able to participate at all 2 or 3 weeks out of 4.

If the end time were moved to the weekend, this wouldn’t be an issue.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 05/26/2009 6:53AM

Fatquack

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Nope, finishing at 3am is preferable to not being able to participate at all 2 or 3 weeks out of 4.

Now I can only participate during holidays or by not sleeping (which is not a good idea when working). I rather play 1-2 per month than once every 2 months or so as it is currently.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

All you 9-to-5 people seem to think nobody works weekends.

Markus Hess

[Board of Directors]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Nobody with any sense does Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Using the 4 rotating times example, I would only be able to participate 1 or 2 weeks out of 4.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

meeeeeeeeee, it’s not all about youuuuuuuuuu.

So let me make it all about me.

Using the 4 rotating times example, I would be able to participate 2 weeks out of 4, where right now I can generally participate in zero. So your 2 week loss is my 2 week gain.

Finishing at 3am is generally no different for me than finishing at 9pm, or on the weekend. So in that respect it wouldn’t be an issue, but it also wouldn’t do anything to help me play.

You see? What needs to be looked at is the playerbase as a whole, not the few players in the top brackets. Because that would allow more people to be in the top brackets.

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

A) Some people work on the weekends (I don’t anymore, but I used to).

B) Some people who don’t work want to go places on their days off.

C) Some people have social lives and want to go out Friday/Saturday nights.

TL;DR: A rolling time might be a pain in the bum for a couple weeks, but it’s a pain in the bum for everyone, as opposed to being completely unplayable for a subset of the population. When you share a necessary disadvantage as evenly as possible among the players, that’s called balance.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

What if the end time rolled by day as well as by time? Then it’ll fit some of the time for people who have problems with Weds/Thurs rather than having problems with the time.

Just make the period 168+/-3 hours, (or some other number of hours) and it’ll drift out of sync with the days.

Amy Rose

Avatar: 169456 Mon May 25 19:27:23 -0400 2009

Level 27 Permanoob

Im realy a lesbien with a male reproductive organ lolololol

man-man Posted:

What if the end time rolled by day as well as by time? Then it’ll fit some of the time for people who have problems with Weds/Thurs rather than having problems with the time.

Just make the period 168+/-3 hours, (or some other number of hours) and it’ll drift out of sync with the days.

I agree. Just make it last something that is NOT divisible by 24 or 12, and voilĂ ! It’s done. they’ll desynch gradually, so everyone can play it and do the decisive last-minute pwning.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

meeeeeeeeee, it’s not all about youuuuuuuuuu.

So let me make it all about me.

Using the 4 rotating times example, I would be able to participate 2 weeks out of 4, where right now I can generally participate in zero. So your 2 week loss is my 2 week gain.

Finishing at 3am is generally no different for me than finishing at 9pm, or on the weekend. So in that respect it wouldn’t be an issue, but it also wouldn’t do anything to help me play.

You see? What needs to be looked at is the playerbase as a whole, not the few players in the top brackets. Because that would allow more people to be in the top brackets.

If I’m not participating every week in the top brackets, there’s not really any point participating at all. The main reason for this is there are players who will be able to participate every week who will have a significant overall advantage.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 05/27/2009 5:27AM

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Having a choice of endtimes would be ideal, but that would require a larger playerbase (and someone giving a **** about dom, because apparently no changes are going to be made before episode 3, and Bingebot has gone AWOL)

So we really need to know how many participants this would gain, and how many it would lose, before making any drastic changes.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

If we’re counting losses/gains … I’d be playing either way, but I’m at a standing disadvantage with a 3am end time. Generally speaking I won’t be staying up that late, so if I ever ascend to a bracket where last minute action is paramount I’ll be screwed.

As is I’m in a bracket where I’m the only one playing with much of a chance to win and I stand to sweep all 3 medals, so I’m not all that affected currently.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Personally I like the idea of having a choice as to when you end it, and it wouldn’t have to be a 12 or 6 hour rotation, let’s not forget 8 hours which should still work for everyone as well as anything else. But another advantage of the choice is if you’re crazy enough to play with multiple alts in Dom you can be there for the last 5 minutes and you might be able to do a bit of planning around a schedule if you do shift work like myself. (Of course shift workers get screwed with everything anyways. Thanks public transportation… )

And even if it would be difficult to play 2 weeks out of 4 or 1 out of 3 or even 2 out of 3, many of the elitist people in the top brackets (Not all of them but they know who they are) who complain when they aren’t in the top bracket and consider all other Dom plebeian (Maybe it’s only me they annoy with that) have also said that the medals go to whoever can time the highest streak the best in the last 5 minutes. As such they could spend the 2 off-weeks just carding everyone (Which is just like the top bracket) and the third actually making a grab while their streak is highest.

Dunatis edited this message on 05/27/2009 8:00PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Here’s an idea (don’t know if it’s been run before):

How about we end the season in two weeks regardless of the gameplay tuneup. Then, have a limited season, until the gameplay tuneup’s ready for the mbumes, where the end time and even day each week is shifted, to Euro-friendly times, weekends, etc.

Then, use the acutal data for how many people were playing at each end time to determine what should be done with the “permanent” end time, instead of all this rampant speculation.

(Heading off questions about “why not just poll”: I’m not convinced that the majority of people who actually would want to play dom would see the poll)

MC Banhammer edited this message on 08/19/2009 2:39PM

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

MC Banhammer Posted:

How about we end the season in two weeks regardless of the gameplay tuneup. Then, have a limited season, until the gameplay tuneup’s ready for the mbumes, where the end time and even day each week is shifted, to Euro-friendly times, weekends, etc.

Then, use the acutal data for how many people were playing at each end time to determine what should be done with the “permanent” end time, instead of all this rampant speculation.

(Heading off questions about “why not just poll”: I’m not convinced that the majority of people who actually would want to play dom would see the poll)

I think this is a great idea.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

MC Banhammer Posted:

Yes. So far I think this “limited” season will last at least 2 months though.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!