Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Countdown to the launch of destruction medals

quantumenergy

[Everyday Regular N-
ormal Klan
]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

With the introduction of the stray bullet card domination is now truly a fight until the end. I believe everyone is waiting for destruction medals to be introduced next. Could there be an estimation of how long it’s gonna take for this to be implemented?

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

But isn’t one of the complaints that only Wednesday matters? I am not waiting for the destruction medal.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

was Posted:

But isn’t one of the complaints that only Wednesday matters? I am not waiting for the destruction medal.

This.

Ricket edited this message on 04/13/2009 4:19AM

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Ricket Posted:

This.

This.

Ricket

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Actually, having thought about this for a few minutes, I’d change “Wednesday” to “the 10 seconds before the end of the round on Wednesday”

twas

Level 35 Troll

Thats what I meant, but didn’t want to type it.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Don’t you think that as long as there is a specific end time there will always be a last minute rush regardless of what mechanics, cards or medals exist? The only safe scoops are those that have not been earned and are not exposed to any sort of attack.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Would Dom be more interesting if the end-time was invisible and there was a swing of up to +/- 60 minutes for the end from week to week?

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Bracket end time changing card could be interesting. Say + or – 15 seconds. Sit on a stack of 30 of them to bring the bracket end forwards 10 minutes, or use stray bullets to stop that. Or play your hand too early because someone else has a stack of 30 such cards, making yourself vulnerable. Or don’t, and hope they’re not planning on using them. Or play a card to extend the endtime by 15 seconds, making that last second play by some medal thieving dude suddenly not quite so perfect a strategy. Or play a card to counteract the effect of one someone else plays.

Yes another advantage to players with a glut of klanned allies in the bracket though. The game needs to be designed as a cohesive whole, not a thrown together mishmash.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 04/13/2009 5:17PM

twas

Level 35 Troll

Lester Burnham Posted:

Don’t you think that as long as there is a specific end time there will always be a last minute rush regardless of what mechanics, cards or medals exist? The only safe scoops are those that have not been earned and are not exposed to any sort of attack.

Did you like the roid rage theme?

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

was Posted:

Did you like the roid rage theme?

No, and I am well aware of the current problems in Dom, it just seems that people are being purposely ambiguous about what they are unhappy with in this thread.

You and Ricket imply that you would like something done about the problem right now, but are coming off as though the only reason for that is not wanting to wait a long time for a destruction medal. I could be mistaken, but I don’t believe that either of you think a destruction medal is the answer to things.

Ricket

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Lester Burnham Posted:

Don’t you think that as long as there is a specific end time there will always be a last minute rush regardless of what mechanics, cards or medals exist?

I think a rush of some kind will always exist, unless something like the Cabbage’s 120 minute variable ending time is implemented. I think that solution attempts to fix the issues of dom with uncertainty, which isn’t satisfying.

You can introduce mechanics, cards and medals that increase, decrease, or have no effect on the intensity and necessity of a last minute rush. I believe a destruction medal increases the intensity and necessity of a rush, which is why I oppose it.

Lester Burnham Posted:

No, and I am well aware of the current problems in Dom, it just seems that people are being purposely ambiguous about what they are unhappy with in this thread.

Alright, allow me to be a little bit more explicit. Last week, I was able to walk away with the medal for total scoops in the top bracket. How? 3 weeks before, I started a pistachio loop, and used a high-yield pistachio-granting visit in the last 5 seconds of the round.

That isn’t strategic in any real sense. It isn’t competitive in any real sense. It isn’t fun. It’s just boring.

Dom has been this way since the launch of the stray bullet. Now, I don’t know if it will stay this way after a few more weeks. It could be that people are still getting used to the new card, and enjoying playing around with it. But if destruction medals are introduced, people will be actively encouraged to destroy scoops. Anyone not in the final week of a pistachio loop is going to be loading up with bumholes, and leaving clean brackets in their wake.

This leaves us with two strategies.

1, shoot everything that moves, and hope you’ve shot more than your opponents have.

2, use a visit in the last 10 seconds of a round, and hope no one else has done the same.

Neither of those are a game that’s fun.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Thank you.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Looking forward to destruction medal, I thought it was implented already.

There will be a lot of bumhurt, but even more fun Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!