Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun How long until we get the first piece of hardware/item that grants PP?

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

So far itembuildr has generated 16 items.

1 .moar file
2  pairs of glbumes
2 tattoos
3 piercings
2 special items
2 sets of lingerie
1 fetish
3 books

Of these items

4 grant douchebaggery
6 grant tears
6 grant sexiness

Notably absent from all of these lists is:

0 pieces of Hardware
0 items that grant Processing Power.

So is this just weird RNG, and it is possible for itembuildr to generate a piece of hardware or something that gives processing power? Is it just unusually unlikely to pick a piece of hardware (worse than a 1/8 chance), or an item that grants processing power (books and glbumes should be able to grant PP, but can they?)?

So we’ve had itembuildr for over a month, and we’re still waiting to get one of everything, how long do you suppose it’s going to be? If ET or a CZ employee is reading this, could they just check the code to make sure there’s not a bug or something preventing hardware or items with PP from being created?

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 04/09/2009 8:04PM

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

The buildr is completely random, we shall simply just have to wait and see.

andrewp182

Avatar: 117622 2015-02-10 15:53:37 -0500

Level 35 Hacker

handi-capable

When the sun extinguishes, that’s when.

I don’t even bother peeking at itembuildr anymore.

andrewp182 edited this message on 04/09/2009 8:06PM

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Chawin Posted:

The buildr is completely random, we shall simply just have to wait and see.

Probably, but I don’t believe itembuildr ever had a beta period, so are we sure the code’s not just buggy? Eventually it’s reasonable to ask “Hey ET, for our mental health, could you check that the following things are possible: Itembuildr can create hardware; Processing power can spawn on non-hardware items. Thanks.”

At the same time, it’s fun to speculate. I think it’ll be another month personally.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

If we could get PP, I would have expected some by now.

Soulbright

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

All I can say is that I await that day.Log in to see images!

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Because some clbumes aren’t quite broken yet, they need an additional boost so we can all have the game as **** easy as possible.

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Well, I don’t know how it used to be, but ever since I started, PP has been pretty hard to come by. Douchebaggery etc items were always more prevalent, and I bumumed that was part of the design.

What I’m salivating over is a new ****ing piece of hardware with stats on par with some of the **** that’s been churning through Itembuildr “specials” lately. You can have your +400 tears and umptybillion douchebaggery, give me a piece of hardware with +22Off/Def (And some Luck, maybe).

guest42

[Bargain Drug Wareh-
ouse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

So is this just weird RNG, and it is possible for itembuildr to generate a piece of hardware or something that gives processing power? Is it just unusually unlikely to pick a piece of hardware (worse than a 1/8 chance), or an item that grants processing power (books and glbumes should be able to grant PP, but can they?)?

It’s probably less than 1/8 chance, but there are more than eight items to choose from.

You listed .moars, glbumes, tattoos, piercings, special items, lingerie, fetishes, books, and hardware (which is nine), but we have also not seen computers, shoes, surgical procedures, web spiders (which might be weird), and .moars (bumuming they can still be generated) would be dogreat timesents, music, picture, program, and video files.

So, with seventeen potential options, we might not see hardware for a while, and it would still not be technically ‘wrong’ or ‘biased’.

Though, really, we think the random choice should be biased towards the option with the least items generated (if not total, than at least for sale).

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

ALSO A male reproductive organSUCKING ****WAD

lol they use the same RNG as urbandead

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

So far itembuildr has generated 17 items.

1 .moar file
3  pairs of glbumes
2 tattoos
3 piercings
2 special items
2 sets of lingerie
1 fetish
3 books

Of these items

4 grant douchebaggery
6 grant tears
7 grant sexiness

0 pieces of Hardware

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

signing this, the amount of items given to emos is just ridiculous.

Spot

Avatar: 34067 2011-11-01 00:35:29 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 35 Re-Re

Singularly the ****!

Spot edited this message on 04/12/2009 4:59AM

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Hackers don’t need to be more powerful.

Prosthetic Finger + Ripro gives 260 PP

Add another 135 for a Kevin Mitnick and you’ve got 395 PP

With the former, all you have to do is avoid using avtr and you won’t run out of PP. With the latter, you can use avtr a little as well, which raises the speed you can complete a forum.

No other clbum has to manage a secondary stat at all, and you consider this a disadvantage? It makes hackers more interesting

Why do people continue to delude themselves that more powerful = better? We’ve already gone way past the shelf life of this sad little fatally flawed combat engine.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 04/12/2009 5:01AM

I have 540 processing power. I have no need for more.

guest42

[Bargain Drug Wareh-
ouse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Who said we had to make hackers more powerful?

Camwhores might have gained a bunch of items, but it hasn’t made them more powerful. We don’t need to get a piece of hardware that makes Hackers better, just a piece of hardware.

And, as you noted, increased PP doesn’t make Hackers more powerful, so a piece of Hardware with a lot of PP wouldn’t strengthen them.

But, some sort of PP +150 Hardware, or Off +18 Defense +18 Luck +12 Hardware would be excessive. Some Off +10 Def +10 Luck +5 PP +60 Hardware would increase the options, and make Hackers equipment more interesting that ‘Get Cables & maybe WetGear or TestES’.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Thus far it seems as though there will be no item which has a higher value for any stat than currently exists so until that happens I think that the only mistake was having the Headset factored in. If it weren’t for the Headset, the Itembuildr would only make unique items for posterity and never come out with any end game items.

I think it might be nice to see some actual planned items except that they are made to be a bit more unique in some way as opposed to just a few different values for equipment and a new picture.

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Nobody is asking for hackers to be more powerful here (that clbumes are unbalanced is a completely different issue.) It’s just odd that there are four clbumes which have clbum specific types of equipment, and a month into itembuildr only three of those four clbumes have been represented, those three each being represented several times.

What does it matter if it makes a piece of hardware if the stats are going to be ****?

A hacker can equip the special item, moar file, the books, and the glbumes. They are not left out.

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

So far itembuildr has generated 18 items.

1 .moar file
3  pairs of glbumes
2 tattoos
3 piercings
2 special items
2 sets of lingerie
1 fetish
3 books
1 pair of shoes

Of these items

4 grant douchebaggery
6 grant tears
8 grant sexiness

0 pieces of Hardware

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!