Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature MakeYourOwn(tm) ForumWarz Missions!

AtomicScript-
er

Avatar: 64129 Thu Oct 16 17:05:30 -0400 2008

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

This Stays On The Internet

We need more user-generated content.

My proposition is that we make an application that allows you (for a fee, maybe a brownie point or a bunch of flezz) to make your own ForumWarz missions, including custom forums (or not, if you want to use the already made forums). Then, upload it to a server, and charge other users flezz to play, or make it free if you’re a commie.

You could make people have to buy a kit for one BP, or 100,000 flezz or so. It would help encourage people to buy BP and support the game. You know what that means, ET. Log in to see images!

I would say you would need to beat a… level 20 or so forum before you get access to the application, because then we would have an endless amount of missions from noobs coming in each day.

So, whether this ends up in Full of Win or Closet of Shame, think about it. It’s a good idea. Log in to see images!

Mr Nekomata

Level 17 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

Sounds interesting, if you could actually afford it.

RebirthThom

Avatar: 18189 Sat Dec 20 10:58:29 -0500 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

AtomicScripter Posted:

one BP, or 100,000 flezz or so

I’d say, if anything like this ever was implemented, then it’d have to be more than that, both of those amounts are easily obtainable, and, even if there was a level you had to reach before contributing, there would still be a lot of troll content for that price.

AtomicScript-
er

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

Okay, 5BP or 1,000,000 for a pbum. Lifetime, but only one mission per week.

Laguna

Avatar: 49898 Sun Dec 28 00:52:49 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

I LOVE LAGUNA. I ALSO LOVE SUCKING FAT male reproductive organS.

missionbuildr, perhaps?

I think it could work if it’s done properly.

AtomicScript-
er

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

Laguna Posted:

missionbuildr, perhaps?

I think it could work if it’s done properly.

Thank you. Log in to see images!

This may actually work, it’s getting a lot of support…

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Given the quality of submissions we’ve seen for the various other buildrs, I’d say this could only end either in unfunny tragedy if unreviewed, or in another buildr contest with all the inherent problems people have been complaining of there.

I’d say, better to figure out how to improve the existing Buildrs, then worry about adding yet another.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Unsigned, the quality of user-generated content is becoming worser and worser, I’d hate to see a bad-written mission win your so-called MissionBuildr.

Besides, 5 BP is too much and 1,000,000 is too low, it’s kinda unfair for people who can’t buy/afford BP but are decent writers.

Nicco edited this message on 04/09/2009 1:22PM

AtomicScript-
er

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

There are only 2 buildr’s so far, and we’re going to have one of these eventually. Why not do it now?

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

AtomicScripter Posted:

There are only 2 buildr’s so far, and we’re going to have one of these eventually. Why not do it now?

May I remind you that the 2 current buildr aspects we have have alot of flaws? It’s not a good idea to add more buildr without re-doing the current ones.

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

ALSO A male reproductive organSUCKING ****WAD

I call dibs on writing the “Get ‘Fran is Fat’ to win Threadconstructr by making illegal alts in battlethreadz” mission. Every conversation will have your character say “I love goatse” and the NPCs will send various derivatives of goatse to you in stalk. Also, your prize is it makes your background on every page goatse.

God I am awesome at missionbuildr.

Oh, and in case you missed it, the above is exactly what would win if this were ever to be implemented.

The Unknown -
Comic

Avatar: 95506 Tue Dec 09 09:40:49 -0500 2008

[Gimmick Alts and R-
ole-Players Local -
Union 352
]

Level 2 Re-Re

I'M AWESOME APPRECIATE ME PLZ

AtomicScript-
er

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

Nicco Posted:

May I remind you that the 2 current buildr aspects we have have alot of flaws? It’s not a good idea to add more buildr without re-doing the current ones.

This is very true, I’m simply throwing the idea out there in case ET actually decides he likes it.

DOPE-HARDCORE-0 Posted:

I call dibs on writing the “Get ‘Fran is Fat’ to win Threadconstructr by making illegal alts in battlethreadz” mission. Every conversation will have your character say “I love goatse” and the NPCs will send various derivatives of goatse to you in stalk. Also, your prize is it makes your background on every page goatse.

God I am awesome at missionbuildr.

Oh, and in case you missed it, the above is exactly what would win if this were ever to be implemented.

We wouldn’t allow you on. :/

But seriously, if we make it available to only the veterans, the good players, crap like that wouldn’t happen. I mean, why would you spend millions of flezz and $10 worth of brownie points away just to make some **** mission with no point? It should be exclusive.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

User generated content is inevitably going to tend towards ****e, since the average internet user doesn’t display a great deal of brains or taste. But I think a lot of the various “buildr” options would work a lot better if there was any sort of degree of administrative oversight. As in “if ET actually took an interest in the quality of product produced by various buildrs”.

Things like “always having a 24 hour delay between submissions and voting” and “giving mods/admins the ability to remove really bad ideas (e.g. “FRAN IS FAT LOL” ) from consideration so there’s less chaff, and giving people some structure in which to create (this works reasonably well in itembuildr, but forumbuildr would work a lot better if periodically there was a theme for the week given, e.g. “this week we’re going to do a forum for a political cause, party, or candidate” and all submissions that don’t go with the theme are rejected out of hand.)

But yeah, just having missionbuildr left alone without any sort of oversight would be horrible. Whenever someone suggests clbumbuildr, I shudder unless the process would take at least 4 months and would have regular and numerous periods of oversight by ET.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 04/09/2009 3:02PM

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Horrible idea, the missions would be useless and give unneeded things.

About clbumbuildr…I could see it happening. Take 2 weeks to submit ideas, the ideas have to have a name, and their attack trees. CZ takes about a week to take out joke/bad ideas then reasles them to be voted upon. Winner goes onto stage 2.

Stage 2:

users submit item ideas, along with a list of items. This stage would be 2 weeks – a month.

Cz picks out the bad ones and lets users vote on ides, the top x get into the clbum. Then you go to stage 3.

stage 3:

This stage will go on for a month, it will involve making skills for the clbum. CZ takes out the joke ones, bla bla, users vote. IT then goes onto stage 4.

Stage 4:

This stage will last a week+. A handful of hand picked testers will test the clbum and suggest any fixes and such.

The new clbum is published in about what 3 months?

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 04/09/2009 3:12PM

Haha is this topic serious?

This is the sort of thing we make jokes about when they keep releasing other buildrs. Can’t agree with you at all, OP.

Razmos

Avatar: 15497 Sat Mar 28 13:48:01 -0400 2009

[Throne of Blood]

Level 62 Emo Kid

I am a happy pirate apple!

I like the idea.

It will keep our minds off how ****ty the other buildr’s have become.

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

flamebatebuildr automated response:

This idea could work but the current systems have already proven that democracy just makes male reproductive organ jokes.

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

AtomicScripter Posted:

We wouldn’t allow you on. :/

But seriously, if we make it available to only the veterans, the good players, crap like that wouldn’t happen. I mean, why would you spend millions of flezz and $10 worth of brownie points away just to make some **** mission with no point? It should be exclusive.

Being a veteran isn’t a sure sign of being good at coming up with game ideas – you can bash headfirst into the game and make progress, albeit slowly. And nothing you can do will make it “exclusive.” Online games, pretty much by definition, reward time invested, and eventually, you’ll have people cluttering up MissionBuildr with crappy submissions just the way the other buildrs are. And it’s only a matter of time before those crappy missions get voted up by crappy voters.

Further, the more buildrs you hook up, the more complicated it is to “fix” buildrs. Seriously. Let’s get things lined up on existing features before creating more annoying and abusable ones.

AtomicScript-
er

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

Well, we can just try it and hope for the best.

IMO, clbumbuildr would never work. We’d end up with 500 clbumes and ET would have to code every ****ing one.

AtomicScripter edited this message on 04/09/2009 5:18PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!