Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Pics Why was the re-re av changed?

SteamKnight

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Yeah, seriously, I could find a whole bunch of re-re/permanoob starter pics for ya on photobucket…and ya know what? I think I will. So yeah.

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

xX_73h_1337_m0d3r470r_Xx Posted:

I think a live image should stay though, the ‘toon one is lame as an avatar and less insulting and quite frankly, if you can’t get past that much of the game to pwn one forum out of distaste, how will you ever get past “That’s A Lot of Feces!”

This. If someone would stop playing a game because of some slightly distasteful image in it, they don’t belong in Forumwarz. By removing Jimmy from the intro you’re just trying to get people to play Forumwarz who aren’t as hard to offend as they claim to be, and they’re bound to get “squicked” by something later, be it the Feces forum or the KKK or whatever.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

SteamKnight Posted:

Yeah, seriously, I could find a whole bunch of re-re/permanoob starter pics for ya on photobucket…and ya know what? I think I will. So yeah.

Thanks for the offer, but we can’t use copyrighted images without permission.

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

psychpgraphic

I don’t know what psychpgraphic means but I do not support this change. It makes me very angry indeed!

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Nillo Posted:

. If someone would stop playing a game because of some slightly distasteful image in it, they don’t belong in Forumwarz. By removing Jimmy from the intro you’re just trying to get people to play Forumwarz who aren’t as hard to offend as they claim to be, and they’re bound to get “squicked” by something later, be it the Feces forum or the KKK or whatever.

Possibly, but it’s not that black and white. Some people think Jimmy is hilarious and the feces-eating robot is sick, some think the inverse. What throws a given player off tends to be pretty unpredictable and random.

Anyway, it’s just a test right now, we can easily revisit this down the road.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I have to say that having run some visits today, the cartoon Jimmy looks out of place where it was used as an enemy avatar, since it’s the only enemy avatar you commonly encounter that’s displayed in a cartoon fashion.

I imagine the primary issue that distinguishes Jimmy from “That’s a lot of Feces” or poop eating robots or any of the other incredibly offensive gems that forumwarz offers up is timing.

When someone first sees Jimmy they have no time investment, no commitment, and a very limited understanding of the gameplay. Any judgments they make will be divorced of many mitigating cirgreat timesstances that would otherwise positively influence their decision.

Now once you reach “That’s a lot of Feces” you’ve already been playing the game for probably at least 3 days so it’s safe to bumume that this person has decided they like the game and are therefore more likely to be forgiving of game elements that they may otherwise find distasteful.

Sure it’s still possible that someone who would of been turned off by Jimmy would quit at some other point in the game but it’s far less likely.

Gosh Golly Gee edited this message on 04/08/2009 4:12PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!