Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Pics Why was the re-re av changed?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Gosh Golly Gee Posted:

By pscyhographic experiment do you mean: You are worried that the Jimmy the Re-Re avatar is causing a negative first impression on new players and turning them away from the game before giving it a chance?

You are wise in the ways of psychographics. Log in to see images!

Yes, we have received quite a bit of feedback saying exactly that. While most people are willing to agree that they’re not easily offended, it’s possible that some just find the graphic nauseating and not reflective of the kind of humor they’re interested in.

Lame? Kinda. But we have to pick our battles.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

You are wise in the ways of psychographics. Log in to see images!

Yes, we have received quite a bit of feedback saying exactly that. While most people are willing to agree that they’re not easily offended, it’s possible that some just find the graphic nauseating and not reflective of the kind of humor they’re interested in.

Lame? Kinda. But we have to pick our battles.

I don’t think changing the re-re avatar would be a bad thing, but if you do change it you should probably change it to something other than the permanoob image. Either that, or change the permanoob image to something else. It’s just confusing to have the same image be representative of two different clbumes.

zigzagoon

Avatar: 28782 2011-07-31 12:19:07 -0400

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

aw i think jimmy was the funniest thing in the beginning of the game Log in to see images!

____

Avatar: 143340 Fri Mar 27 18:24:34 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I never liked Jimmy, I don’t mind goatses, or other common internet shocks, but Jimmy is just disgusting.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Poor dkal. Log in to see images!

ANGRY HOBO

Avatar: 49150 Tue Aug 11 01:43:48 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

zigzagoon Posted:

aw i think jimmy was the funniest thing in the beginning of the game Log in to see images!

i agree with you

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Im going to be honest, you made a smart business choice. Its also one more claim that Im not a ‘newfabulous person’, that I was here when Jimmy was Jimmy. But you picked a poor image to do it with. Change it, but you made a good choice.

BloodyDemise

Avatar: 121820 2010-06-13 01:05:56 -0400

[Throne of Blood]

Level 60 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

I’d support a change (because I’m a wuss with a weak stomach, yes, I know). Maybe a cartoon Jimmy instead of a cartoon Permanoob, because as others have said, they’re distinct clbumes. I’m sure site members would be happy to offer their designs.

Simiano

Level 33 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

I really didnt mind as I changed it pretty quick when I became a hacker, maybe you should do it so Re-Res get an avatar pick.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

BloodyDemise Posted:

I’d support a change (because I’m a wuss with a weak stomach, yes, I know). Maybe a cartoon Jimmy instead of a cartoon Permanoob, because as others have said, they’re distinct clbumes. I’m sure site members would be happy to offer their designs.

I could have sworn I saw a cartoon version of the Re-Re out there…but now I’m thinking it was actually Evil Trout with snot coming out his nose. Anyone know what I’m talking about?

Anyway, I’m thinking of using the original Jimmy to replace a certain NPC only available to Permanoobs…the existing one wouldn’t make much sense otherwise!

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

I could have sworn I saw a cartoon version of the Re-Re out there…but now I’m thinking it was actually Evil Trout with snot coming out his nose. Anyone know what I’m talking about?

Anyway, I’m thinking of using the original Jimmy to replace a certain NPC only available to Permanoobs…the existing one wouldn’t make much sense otherwise!

That was my favorite part of the game, and the only reason I played as a permanoob. If you change it I will be very disappointed.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Raepdog Posted:

That was my favorite part of the game, and the only reason I played as a permanoob. If you change it I will be very disappointed.

I’m only talking about switching his avatar.

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

I’m only talking about switching his avatar.

I know, I still disagree. It ruins both the magic and the reasoning behind it.

Your making reference, to a non-existence reference that has replaced the referencer.

That is many things, confusing, needlessly confusing, nott hat confusing if you think about it, but most of all not nearly as funny or rewarding to long term fans.

Rigr

Avatar: 132036 Mon Mar 16 12:22:53 -0400 2009

[Epic Win]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Looks like the old one is back in place. Emptying the cache doesn’t do the trick for me

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Rigr Posted:

Looks like the old one is back in place. Emptying the cache doesn’t do the trick for me

You did good JB. You done good.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Raepdog Posted:

You did good JB. You done good.

I didn’t do anything dude…

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

I didn’t do anything dude…

I was about to make a sexual remark, in game discussion, risking a ban to release my red hot pbumion and feelings word this change. You had a chance.

Its back, so Im happy.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Raepdog Posted:

I know, I still disagree. It ruins both the magic and the reasoning behind it.

Your making reference, to a non-existence reference that has replaced the referencer.

That is many things, confusing, needlessly confusing, nott hat confusing if you think about it, but most of all not nearly as funny or rewarding to long term fans.

It will make much more sense this way. I just read through the convo. In fact, it’s the only way it could make sense, although a cartoonized version of the original Jimmy would be best, with the real Jimmy as the NPC.

Maybe I should offer BP for a redesign? Log in to see images!

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

It will make much more sense this way. I just read through the convo. In fact, it’s the only way it could make sense, although a cartoonized version of the original Jimmy would be best, with the real Jimmy as the NPC.

Coolness ratio falling.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

I personally loved the ‘Jimmy the Re-Re’-‘James Thelonius Reary’ image joke, since he’s supposed to be the ultimate and typical Re-Re. Admittedly however the Jimmy the Re-Re avatar kinda sucks though I’ve grown used to it.

My big question is what was the concern people had/have with the image? Is it the stupid look saying “haha retards are stupid” and thus an “OMG!!! Retardation is not a laughing matter people!” or was it the boogers? For me I think the huge snot string is a little bit distasteful if anything so perhaps simply remove that.

As far as Permanoobs being distinct from Re-Res, they aren’t supposed to be. A Permanoob is someone who is still a Re-Re so having the same image is conceptually very accurate. Playing a Re-Re all the way through is really just shooting yourself in the foot as far as a few abilities and Glbumes, nit that I don’t have one myself.

I think a live image should stay though, the ‘toon one is lame as an avatar and less insulting and quite frankly, if you can’t get past that much of the game to pwn one forum out of distaste, how will you ever get past “That’s A Lot of Feces!”

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!