Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock Suggestion

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

I would like to suggest having a bumon that automatically uses your best available attack. Possibly the spacebar.

Protein_Pump

Level 4 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

pressing the 1 key too tough for you?

****es dont know about my annoying text attack

Mod Edit: No Trolling in non-RP. Since you were already banned for another offense two minutes after posting this, this just counts towards your overall total.

The Baroness

Avatar: 111827 Sat Apr 25 22:25:53 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

Great idea. Totally upvoted.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Request move to rp forum, so I can fully express my thoughts on this matter.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Lester Burnham Posted:

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

We already have it: Log in to see images!

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Lester Burnham Posted:

I had a very similar thread in which I posted the same suggestion in possibly a way that was sarcastic, so therefore, it was not worthy of being a discussion of the game, or in the game discussion area, that thread is here: http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/31601-suggestion-make-the-game-easier

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

I hope this is serious. Not signed

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Lester Burnham Posted:

Nope, this one is actually serious & constructive. I can see the validity of having another key that was always set to certain attack/action, even if it wasn’t your most powerful. If you wanted to have a healing/refresh item always be tagged to the spacebar, that would be helpful I think. Especially for Hackers, that tend to run out of room on the toolbar.

And besides, there’s already an RP thread about this.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Aldo_Anything Posted:

I hope this is serious. Not signed

Theargent Thid Posted:

Nope, this one is actually serious & constructive. I can see the validity of having another key that was always set to certain attack/action, even if it wasn’t your most powerful. If you wanted to have a healing/refresh item always be tagged to the spacebar, that would be helpful I think. Especially for Hackers, that tend to run out of room on the toolbar.]

When ET was in IDC the other day, he mentioned something about adding more space/adding more toolbars. So at least we know it’s coming.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 04/06/2009 11:11AM

Context

Avatar: 121191 Wed Mar 18 08:50:56 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 30 Camwhore

The Cats Pajamas

I simply order my attacks on the bar from strongest to weakest so the numbers just go in order…

It never changes, but then again I heard it’s different for emo’s or something because it depends on their ego? I see how that would get annoying needing to keep checking the stats of everything. (I’ve never played other clbumes, just going by hearsay)

If so, signed. If you just can’t order your keys, not signed.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Theargent Thid Posted:

Nope, this one is actually serious & constructive. I can see the validity of having another key that was always set to certain attack/action, even if it wasn’t your most powerful. If you wanted to have a healing/refresh item always be tagged to the spacebar, that would be helpful I think. Especially for Hackers, that tend to run out of room on the toolbar.

What you suggest, I don’t feel is necessary, but you are talking about a dedicated key for a certain action. What Wylin is suggesting is a key that will make his gaming choices, regardless of how few there may be, for him.

Wylin Posted:

I would like to suggest having a bumon that automatically uses your best available attack. Possibly the spacebar.

What Wylin is suggesting is the ability to simply hold one key down to pwn the whole forum. If this is to be taken seriously then he is honestly suggesting that 1, 2, 1, 2 or even 2, 0, 1, 3, 1, 4 is too much work. It is the equivalent of running a script or having a bot play for you.

I found it ridiculous to bumume that he wasn’t being a bit trolly. Almost every gamer type on the site has been complaining for months about the fact that pwning is boring, that 1, 2, 1, 2 is a ridiculous way to try to retain the interest of game players. There is no reason at all to “dumb down” a game mechanic that already requires no freaking thought.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Lester Burnham Posted:

What Wylin is suggesting is the ability to simply hold one key down to pwn the whole forum. If this is to be taken seriously then he is honestly suggesting that 1, 2, 1, 2 or even 2, 0, 1, 3, 1, 4 is too much work. It is the equivalent of running a script or having a bot play for you.

I found it ridiculous to bumume that he wasn’t being a bit trolly. Almost every gamer type on the site has been complaining for months about the fact that pwning is boring, that 1, 2, 1, 2 is a ridiculous way to try to retain the interest of game players. There is no reason at all to “dumb down” a game mechanic that already requires no freaking thought.

Signed signed signed.

I can’t believe Wylin is serious. I swore he was just joking around. If two keys is too difficult for you I recommend never playing video games again.

I’m also not trolling here; there’s just no point. Why not just have the game auto-pwn a forum for you when you enter it?

Pressing 1 2 1 2 is mindless enough. Why is space space space space a better option?

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Shii Posted:

Why is space space space space a better option?

You can leave a remote control on the space bar and go take out the garbage while you pwn. If you are farming I think you could set Firefox to auto-refresh once a minute or whatever and use all 12 visits while you do other stuff.

Jwred5

Avatar: 24279 Mon Nov 24 22:12:21 -0500 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Pantsless Lord of the Sith

I believe Wylin has brought up a very valid and useful feature that could be added to the game. I know that pressing 1 and 2 in a repeated fashion has worn out my 1 and 2 keys more than any other. If we could implement an “auto-fire” key, I could just hold down that key and pwn an entire forum without wearing it out. If you could implement an auto-refresh so that I can pwn that same forum over and over while holding that bumon down aswell, that would be swell. And maybe tie in a function that posts to flamebate at the same time, and plays blackjack for me, and repairs my equipment when needed. The possibilities for this single bumon idea are endless!

glowspawn

[Uber-Newbz]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I will merely point out that Wylin forgot to ask for the space bar to open the next thread once you have pwned a thread, and open the next un-streaked forum available when you have pwned the forum – or alternately, open the same forum again if you are farming.

Removed other thoughts before posting because

A) This is in Game Discussion

B) I understand that the intent is to get CZ’s attention with this “modest proposal” in a way that an RP thread or non-trolling post might not.

I’ll save real game improvement suggestions for a thread that isn’t likely to wind up in WB.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Okay, I think I fully understand the proposal now. Not one specific attack pre-dedicated, but set up to use whichever attackis currently available + the most powerful, regardless of where it is normally bumigned.

That idea, I’m more ambivalent about. It would make life on my Hacker a hell of a lot easier, though.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Theargent Thid Posted:

Okay, I think I fully understand the proposal now. Not one specific attack pre-dedicated, but set up to use whichever attackis currently available + the most powerful, regardless of where it is normally bumigned.

That idea, I’m more ambivalent about. It would make life on my Hacker a hell of a lot easier, though.

And that’s what we really need at this point – to make the game easier. Thankfully ET is on the case, making the game easier for everyone, so we can all continue to reap the rewards of success at exactly the same pace, no matter what choices we make. Hey, I think I might be beginning to understand the original proposal now Log in to see images!

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Theargent Thid Posted:

Hackers actually care significantly about not wasting their high-powered attacks. I wouldn’t want to automatically ipz a near-death thread.

IceDragon

Avatar: 139404 Wed Jun 03 16:41:17 -0400 2009

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

zagerblag Posted:

Hackers actually care significantly about not wasting their high-powered attacks. I wouldn’t want to automatically ipz a near-death thread.

It makes for more interesting game play, having to make combos instead of a 1-2 punch the other clbumes do.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!