Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface Can we get rid of the "Ability disabled for x turns" pop-up?

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Or, for God’s sake, don’t make it stack.

My computer is pathetic, and can barely run Forumwarz. So, if I hold 1, 2, or 3 for slightly too long, I get bombarded by “SORRY! THIS ABILITY IS DISABLED FOR x TURNS!”. I can get up to 60 or 70 sometimes, it’s horrible.

I understand the point of the pop-up, but is it possible to either make it not interfere with pwning, or simply make it only pop-up once?

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

I agree. My mouse can be and bumhole and double click sometimes, so this happens 2 or 3 times per forum on average. It’s extremely annoying.

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

Signed. While generally not a problem, if I’m trying to grind forums while doing something else, it can get annoying.

The Baroness

Avatar: 111827 Sat Apr 25 22:25:53 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

Signed.

goldensevenf-
old

[Billy vs Snakeman -
Gamers
]

Level 33 Emo Kid

“Zorba the Bleak”

Agreed. It doesn’t help either when trying to get lemon scoops. Log in to see images!

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

I don’t know how many lemon scoops I missed out on thanks to this.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

How about we make the “disable ‘effect disabled pop-up’” an account option that is unchecked by default, so people who are new at the game will get to/have to deal with it, but oldbies can turn it off. Possibly this should only become an option after finishing episode 1?

I agree that this is extremely annoying. There are times when I have to hammer on the 1 bumon several times to get the attack to happen once, and there’s times that leaving my finger on the bumon half a tick too long makes the pop-up show up and just not go away.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

lol

CeilingCat

Level 37 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I agree, it is annoying. If you accidentally hit the wrong number key, it can cost you a lemon scoop (and it is annoying having to close the popup)

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

So you play the game wrong, it slows you down, and you suffer an ingame penalty. For playing it wrong. For not pressing the correct key at the correct time. For, infact, pressing the wrong key, when you only have a choice of two.

Where’s the facepalm emote?

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 04/04/2009 10:20PM

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

So you play the game wrong, it slows you down, and you suffer an ingame penalty. For playing it wrong. For not pressing the correct key at the correct time. For, infact, pressing the wrong key, when you only have a choice of two.

I agree.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Kilroy Posted:

Or, for God’s sake, don’t make it stack.

My computer is pathetic, and can barely run Forumwarz. So, if I hold 1, 2, or 3 for slightly too long, I get bombarded by “SORRY! THIS ABILITY IS DISABLED FOR x TURNS!”. I can get up to 60 or 70 sometimes, it’s horrible.

I understand the point of the pop-up, but is it possible to either make it not interfere with pwning, or simply make it only pop-up once?

OK, advice on the part where your PC is too slow.

If you’re using Firefox, switch browser to either Chrome or Opera for pwning forums. Both are considerably faster. The next version of Firefox may offer some speed improvements, though that’s yet to be seen.

Secondly, resize the browser window for the forum. The smaller the window, the faster it updates. Unless you’re using Vista Aero (I suspect not) the speed of screen updates is constrained by your CPU – something you say is a bottleneck.

Further down the list, you could also switch off all graphics in your browser settings, or start adblocking clbum attack images you’ve already seen a gazillion times. I haven’t needed to do this and I’m not sure of there’s a decent Adblock option for Chrome yet, the browser I’m using.

If you still have a problem, you either have a horrible internet connection, or you’re trying to download something while you’re playing the game, or your computer really is extremely slow.

CaptainDDL

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

If you’re using Firefox, switch browser to either Chrome or Opera for pwning forums. Both are considerably faster. The next version of Firefox may offer some speed improvements, though that’s yet to be seen.

I’m using the latest FF beta, and I must say that the speed has definitely improved. With 3.0, speedruns were a pain…now they’re not a problem at all.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Suppose ET follows through on his promise to make speed jobs based on “number of turns” instead of “seconds” (as well as separating them by clbum), so that the “disabled” pop-up is simply an annoyance, and not actually any sort of penalty. Would there still be a reason to be opposed to letting people turn this off?

TOUHOU 9

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

Precisely, signed for annoyance.

this is extremely annoying especially if I am trying to set a time record.

Generic Raci-
st

Avatar: 113010 Sat Mar 28 01:20:15 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

i'm a dirty fine upstanding member of society myself lulz

when i use #s it doesnt pop up

Kristijan

Avatar: 130270 Tue Feb 10 15:15:41 -0500 2009

[T3H L33T HACK3RZ]

Level 31 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

THIS IS SIIIIIIIIIIIIGNEEEEEEED!!!

Kristijan was banned for this post by Nicco

Kristijan edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Kristijan Posted:

THIS IS SIIIIIIIIIIIIGNEEEEEEED!!!

A simple ‘signed’ would have been ok too.

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

So it penalizes me with 15 pop-ups saying the same thing because I left my finger on 1 rather than 2 or 3 a half second too long.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

It’d be nice if I didn’t have to switch browsers just to waste 20 minutes a day.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Secondly, resize the browser window for the forum. The smaller the window, the faster it updates. Unless you’re using Vista Aero (I suspect not) the speed of screen updates is constrained by your CPU – something you say is a bottleneck.

I use Aero. It’s pretty :3 I’ll try the smaller window, though.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Further down the list, you could also switch off all graphics in your browser settings, or start adblocking clbum attack images you’ve already seen a gazillion times. I haven’t needed to do this and I’m not sure of there’s a decent Adblock option for Chrome yet, the browser I’m using.

I’ll do the adblock thing, because that makes sense. Again, I don’t feel like switching to a different browser just to waste 20 minutes a day, and I don’t feel like making the game look like complete ****.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

If you still have a problem, you either have a horrible internet connection, or you’re trying to download something while you’re playing the game, or your computer really is extremely slow.

It’s the last one. This is the laptop I’m using. For some reason, it just hates the Internet in general.

CaptainDDL

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Ouch, Vista with 1GB of RAM? Sucks for you.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!