Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Animu Let's talk about anime

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

KaaVink Posted:

Anyway. The last anime I watched was Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. That kind of managed to kill my interest in anime though, since I was left with a feeling of “can anything really top this?”

All I know about Gurren Lagann is that these otaku friends of mine are obsessed with Simoncest which is Simon ****ing his older self (one of this even draws it excessively). And that it’s incredible material for yaoi pairings. They told me to watch it, but that had already killed my interest in it. Is it really that good?

Also, I’m extremely fangirl excited about the upcoming Trigun movie!! I hope they don’t blow it Log in to see images!

Razmos

Avatar: 15497 Sat Mar 28 13:48:01 -0400 2009

[Throne of Blood]

Level 62 Emo Kid

I am a happy pirate apple!

Shii Posted:

If you want to watch some quality anime, go find Outlaw Star, Wolf’s Rain, Chrono Crusade, Full Metal Alchemist, the new Hellsing anime (the older one sucks), Yu Yu Hakusho (gets better as the series goes), etc.

You win. Outlaw star and Full Metal Alchemist are amazing. (might watch the other ones you said)

Also, Death Note.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

dothack series are pretty cool too, the ones I’ve seen at least.

But I’ll put it in the same category as naruto.. guilty pleasure category.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Inertia Posted:

dothack series are pretty cool too, the ones I’ve seen at least.

But I’ll put it in the same category as naruto.. guilty pleasure category.

I’ve been meaning to watch the dothack series but it looks kinda ehhh.

KaaVink

Avatar: 60693 Tue Oct 28 11:07:23 -0400 2008

[SRSLY]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Inertia Posted:

Well if you dig into the “serious” stuff they are actually just random ideas put together and doesn’t really make much sense in the larger scale. It doesn’t even have a clear storyline. Lots of things are left unexplained, then ending was an open-ending. Actually maybe that’s what modern art is like.

The seriousness is mostly related to the development of the characters themselves. Particularly Naota’s continues attempts at trying to move out from the shadow of his older brother.

Just as an example, look at the underlying plot of the first episode. After Naota’s brother left, Mamimi was expecting him to come back to her at some time. In the meantime, she was trying to use Naota as a sort of a substitute. Naota’s caught in the middle of this, since his brother sends him a letter which includes details of his new American girlfriend. Which, naturally, means that it’s up to Naota to break that news to Mamimi. But that doesn’t work out because of robots randomly popping out of his head and causing silliness all over.

You just have to look out for all those little bits of subtlety.

Bandaney Posted:

All I know about Gurren Lagann is that these otaku friends of mine are obsessed with Simoncest which is Simon ****ing his older self (one of this even draws it excessively). And that it’s incredible material for yaoi pairings. They told me to watch it, but that had already killed my interest in it. Is it really that good?

That is some really disturbing mental imagery. I suggest trying to scrub it from your mind before watching it. Because, yes, I do think it’s really that good.

Pavilion

Avatar: 74903 2011-07-31 00:19:12 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

KaaVink Posted:

I’ve never heard of those. Please elaborate.

*http://www.gurren-lagann-movie.net/

*http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-05-23/two-gurren-lagann-movies-confirmed

*http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-03-10/gurren-lagann-movie-to-open-in-japan-in-fall-2008

The first movie already premiered last year and the second one is coming up.

nashcash

[WeChall]

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

Ah, yes, liked Ghost in the Shell and the few existing ep’s of Ah! My Goddess. I also need to go back YuYu Hakusho. One of the few lengthy series I was not able to keep up with.

Also liked Voltes V and Astro Boy. Shows my age. lolz

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

I just remembered one of the ones I’ve loved. I’ve seen all the episodes I think when it was on Adult Swim.

Fooly Cooly is awesomely weird.

warjoke

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

just finished Gundam 00 (both season 1 and 2)

I felt bad trying to keep up with this ****. The older gundam (I mean the really old ones like the U.C. saga back from 1979-1991) are way better than this!

that’s it! I’m watching gundam Z again!

Damion

Avatar: 15735 Thu Apr 09 21:10:47 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 57 Emo Kid

Wise guy overdrive

Bleach, Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist are pretty good.

cynisca

Level 23 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

kuro****suji, earl and fairy, skip beat, toradora, death note, full metal alchemist, hunter x hunter, flame of recca, saiunkoku monogatari, fushigi yuugi, vampire knight, special a, naruto, bleach, detective conan, one piece, inuyasha, blood+, samurai x, fate stay night, escaflowne, full metal panic, cardcaptor sakura, cowboy bebop, code gebum, code e, fruits basket, ouran high school host club, alice academy, gundam wing, gundam seed, ranma 1/2, ghost hunt, shaman king, outlaw star, slam dunk, baki the grappler, hajime no ippo, great teacher onizuka, hanayori dango, tenjou tenge, zombie loan, full moon wo saga****e, bamboo blade, detective academy q, nana, pretear, hungry heart, angelic layer, bokura ga ita, marmalade boy, cat’s eye, ayashi no ceres, chiki angel, mononoke, moyashimon, yamato nadeshiko shichi henge, ayatsuri sakon, chrono crusade, daddy long legs, princess sara, ef ~ a tale of memories, glbum mask, jang geum’s dream, la corda d’oro, kaikan phrase, lupin III, prayers ova, minami-ke, neo angelique abyss, nodame cantabile, good witch of the west, tsuyokiss, school rumble, shion no oh, yakitate japan, sayonara zetsubo sensei, ryoko’s case file, wellber no monogatari, romeo x juliet, chiko: heiress of the phantom thief, zero no tsukaima, eye shield 21, karin, magic knight rayearth, his and her cirgreat timesstance, emma: a victorian romance, kamikaze kaito jeanne, rave master, sailor moon, saiyuki reload, the twelve kingdoms, ufo baby, xxxholic, harukanaru toki no nakade hachiyosho, a****a no nadja, wolfs rain, majin tantei nongami neuro, lovely complex, tsubasa chronicles, claymore, gintama, brother dear brother

for guys, these are recommended:

kuro****suji

death note

full metal alchemist

hunter x hunter

naruto

bleach

detective conan

one piece

inuyasha

samurai x

cowboy bebop

code gebum

gundam wing

gundam seed

shaman king

outlaw star

slam dunk

baki the grappler

hajime no ippo

great teacher onizuka

zombie loan

cynisca edited this message on 04/13/2009 12:15AM

Vageena Davis

Avatar: 151797 2010-01-24 16:34:00 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Camwhore

I am easily offended. I also suck fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs.

I don’t watch much anime anymore, but I did enjoy Elfen Lied for the over the top violence and fan service and I thought Trigun had a good story although neither was as good as its respective manga.

I’m showing my age but I really liked the stuff by Leiji Matsumoto, especially

Space Battleship Yamato and the Captain Harlock/Arcadia series.

lexxie

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

f effin Log in to see images!

Amphitrite

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Elfen Lied, Beserk, Piano no Mori, Soul Eater, Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle, Read or Die, Parasyte

Also Digimon :3 Fav. Gatomon and Wizardmon

Yarrr

I still remember watching Kimba the White Lion O_O

Amphitrite edited this message on 04/16/2009 12:54PM

nexula

[WeChall]

Level 13 Hacker

“Ohacku”

geez u all watch bleach,naruto doesent anyone watches hitman reborn or death note?

valka

Avatar: 207845 2010-01-28 14:50:06 -0500

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Shoujo is the best for me: Sailor Moon, Sakura Card Captor, Utena, Candy Candy, A****a no Nadja…

But I recommend HellGirl, my favourite anime…:

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Ghost in the Shell is amazing, as is Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Shamploo. Twilight of the male reproductive organroaches is half anime and half live action, one great movie. The first Vampire Hunter D was a great film, haven’t seen the sequels. Spirited Away, while being nominally for children, is still pretty good. I seem to remember both Appleseed and Bubblegum Crisis as being entertaining, but I haven’t seen those since the I was a teenager. Paranoia Agent is very strange and somewhat hard to follow, but worth the effort.

nexula

[WeChall]

Level 13 Hacker

“Ohacku”

Once i loved bleach,but now its all filler dump.

And its not even an good filler!

so hitman rebron is now my fav.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I’m watching Monster now, p good series Log in to see images!

Dem0cles

Level 4 Hacker

“BASIC”

Inertia Posted:

I like FLCL it’s awesome

I really enjoy Digimon too, especially the first and the third, the others not so much.

And of course those Ghibli films, especially Sen to Chihiro and Nausicca

Hey, recommend me some cool new animes.

HELLZ YEAH! Studio Ghibli rocks my socks!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!