Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Gay COMMIE HOMO-LOVING SONS OF GUNS

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

updated 2:06 p.m. CT, Fri., April. 3, 2009

DES MOINES, Iowa – The Iowa Supreme Court legalized gay marriage Friday in a unanimous and emphatic decision that makes Iowa the third state — and first in the nation’s heartland — to allow same-sex couples to wed.

Iowa joins only Mbumachusetts and Connecticut in permitting same-sex marriage. For six months last year, California’s high court allowed gay marriage before voters banned it in November.

The Iowa justices upheld a lower-court ruling that rejected a state law restricting marriage to a union between a man and woman.

The county attorney who defended the law said he would not seek a rehearing. The only recourse for opponents appeared to be a constitutional amendment, which could take years to ratify.

“We are firmly convinced the exclusion of gay and lesbian people from the institution of civil marriage does not substantially further any important governmental objective,” the Supreme Court wrote.

Iowa lawmakers have “excluded a historically disfavored clbum of persons from a supremely important civil institution without a constitutionally sufficient justification.”

To issue any other decision, the justices said, “would be an abdication of our constitutional duty.”

‘It’s a big win’

The Iowa attorney general’s office said gay and lesbian couples can seek marriage licenses starting April 24, once the ruling is considered final.

Link.

That’s how we do this **** in Iowa, ****es – unanimous and without question.

Mod Edit: ALL CAPS Thread Title in non-RP[NO SRSLY], and Trolling in non-RP. Moving to GRP, where this should have been in the first place. Sgt. Cid

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 was banned for this post by Sergeant Cid

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

I heard about this on the news earlier tonight…weird, imo.

Peregrine

Avatar: 135742 2011-10-31 19:55:54 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 35 Camwhore

Forumwarz' Pretend Homosexual

I love Iowa

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Here’s the rest of the article, if you’re too lazy to click the link:

”Iowa is about justice, and that’s what happened here today,” said Laura Fefchak, who awaited the decision at a party in the Des Moines suburb of Urbandale.

Her partner of 13 years, Nancy Robinson, added: “To tell the truth, I didn’t think I’d see this day.”

Des Moines attorney Dennis Johnson, who argued on behalf of gay and lesbian couples, said “this is a great day for civil rights in Iowa.”

“We have all of you courageous plaintiffs to thank: Go get married, live happily ever after, live the American dream,” he said.

In its decision, the Supreme Court upheld an August 2007 decision by a judge who found that a state law limiting marriage to a man and a woman violates the constitutional rights of equal protection.

The Polk County attorney’s office claimed that Judge Robert Hanson’s ruling violated the separation of powers and said the issue should be left to the Legislature.

Separation of powers

The case had been working its way through the courts since 2005, when Lambda Legal, a New York-based gay rights organization, filed a lawsuit on behalf of six gay and lesbian couples in Iowa.

The Supreme Court noted that any new distinction based on sexual orientation “would be equally suspect and difficult to square” with the state’s constitution.

John Logan, a sociology professor at Brown University, said Iowa’s status as a largely rural, Midwest state could enforce an argument that gay marriage is no longer a fringe issue.

“When it was only California and Mbumachusetts, it could be perceived as extremism on the coasts and not related to core American values.

“But as it extends to states like Iowa, and as attitudes toward gay marriage have evidently changed, then people will look at it as an example of broad acceptance,” Logan said.

Polk County Attorney John Sarcone said his office will not ask for the case to be reconsidered.

“Our Supreme Court has decided it, and they make the decision as to what the law is, and we follow Supreme Court decisions,” Sarcone said.

Gay marriage opponents have no other legal options to appeal the case to the state or federal level because they were not parties to the lawsuit, and there is no federal issue raised in the case, Sarcone said.

Bryan English, spokesman for the Iowa Family Policy Center, a conservative group that opposes same-sex marriage, said many Iowans are disappointed with the ruling and do not want courts to decide the issue.

“I would say the mood is one of mourning right now in a lot of ways,” English said. He said the group immediately began lobbying legislators “to let the people of Iowa vote” on a constitutional amendment.

“This is an issue that will define (lawmakers’Log in to see images! leadership. This is not a side issue.”

Iowa has a history of being in the forefront on social issues. It was among the first states to legalize interracial marriage and to allow married women to own property. It was also the first state to admit a woman to the bar to practice law and was a leader in school desegregation.

Todd Pettys, a University of Iowa law professor, said the state’s equal protection clause on which Friday’s ruling was based is worded slightly differently than the U.S. Constitution. But Iowa’s language means almost “exactly the same thing.”

Still, he said, it’s difficult to predict whether the U.S. Supreme Court would view the issue the same way as the Iowa justices.

Linda McClain, professor at Boston University School of Law, said she doubted Iowa’s ruling would be “a realistic blueprint” for the U.S. Supreme Court,” particularly considering the court’s conservative leadership.

Senate Majority Leader Mike Gronstal, a Democrat, said state lawmakers were unlikely to consider gay marriage legislation in this legislative session, which is expected to end within weeks.

Gronstal also said he’s “not inclined” to propose a constitutional amendment during next year’s session.

Iowa’s Democratic governor, Chet Culver, said he would review the decision before announcing his views.

Copyright 2009 The bumociated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

The Ferv

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Peregrine Posted:

I love Iowa

This.

woman's genitalss look so sneaky with all their layers and secret compartments and trap doors.

Recommencer

Avatar: 135255 Tue Mar 24 17:02:05 -0400 2009

[Throne of Blood]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Ugh…I need to start petitioning to ban all marriages (Gay, Straight, Incestuous and Farm Animals) ALL OF EM.

baou30

Avatar: 138741 Fri Mar 27 19:20:32 -0400 2009

Level 21 Emo Kid

I lol'd a little. :bigbarf:

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

Iowa has some of the best education standards in the Union. Arizona has some of the worst.

Hmm…

Peregrine Posted:

I love Iowa

Cheins Sanchez edited this message on 04/03/2009 9:24PM

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Cheins Sanchez Posted:

Iowa has some of the best education standards in the Union. Arizona has some of the worst.

Hmm…

Yeah, Iowa’s educational standards are fairly good, especially compared to how ****ty most of the other states are. I myself was surprised at the quality of education at the community college I just finished – I went in expecting a rehash of what I learned in high school, but it was actually on par with what I’ve seen from actual Universities.

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 Posted:

Mod Edit: ALL CAPS Thread Title in non-RP[NO SRSLY], and Trolling in non-RP. Moving to GRP, where this should have been in the first place. Sgt. Cid

SbumSSSSSSSSS

ilu man

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Odalisque Posted:

SbumSSSSSSSSS

I’m writing the new installment to “Bans From Over Reactive Mods” right now, expect to see it in the GRP in just a few minutes. Log in to see images!

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 Posted:

Yeah, Iowa’s educational standards are fairly good, especially compared to how ****ty most of the other states are. I myself was surprised at the quality of education at the community college I just finished – I went in expecting a rehash of what I learned in high school, but it was actually on par with what I’ve seen from actual Universities.

My point was that the quality of life is generally nicer in areas of this country where school is given better funding than say, prisons. Our prison budget is going up, and our education is being cut. I see a connection between a well educated public and a safe/sane one. Iowa pbuming a law like this can’t surprise anyone who sees other states that have pbumed similar laws.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Cheins Sanchez Posted:

My point was that the quality of life is generally nicer in areas of this country where school is given better funding than say, prisons. Our prison budget is going up, and our education is being cut. I see a connection between a well educated public and a safe/sane one. Iowa pbuming a law like this can’t surprise anyone who sees other states that have pbumed similar laws.

I do agree with you on this, but there’s more than just education at work – Iowa has historically been ahead of the tide in civil rights. Which has actually been pretty important, because Iowa is smack-dab in the middle of the American heartland, so we’ve been important in making civil rights legislation not just a fringe issue, but acting as an indicator when public opinion is shifting towards a change in personal rights.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

good ban&move imo. keep your blatantly bigoted threads in grp or get banned like everyone else

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!