Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me CZ: Is it possible to impeach a moderator?

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

Seriously. I’m looking for answers from CZ, though I welcome any info from MCB and Tubs too.

This is mostly hypothetical, so don’t nobody start in with the sbum.

Generic Raci-
st

Avatar: 113010 Sat Mar 28 01:20:15 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

i'm a dirty fine upstanding member of society myself lulz

No

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

This is an interesting question, I wondered about it before I was even considered for a mod position and still have no answer having been on the other side of the fence.

How much out of line with the community does something have to be for action to be taken? When looking at the moderation team is it possible for one who lacks the respect that seems inherently necessary on some level to trust that moderation responsibilities – responsibilities that can have a game changing impact on players – are in the right hands?

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

OP has my full support on this issue.

Robert James-
Fischer

Avatar: 43618 Wed Jul 08 18:15:24 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

World Chess Champion

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 Posted:

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

I just wonder who’s going to be the first nomination for impeachment.

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

I think the real question here is; “Are moderators accountable to the community, or only to CZ?”

I reworded it that way because if moderators are accountable to the community then yes impeachment would be a viable and likely way to deal with some of the perceived actions of the new moderators. However, this game and these forums are not a true democracy as the Crotch Zombie staff have final say in each situation. While they are semi-decent administrators in that they serve the community and listen to the will of the people, ultimately any action must be approved by the. As such, impeachment is unlikely.

I support the concept of moderators being held accountable to the community, however given that the community can be so easily led by mob mentality to vote one way or another I prefer having a governing body to ensure that doesn’t happen.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Johnny Mac Posted:

I just wonder who’s going to be the first nomination for impeachment.

As do I, considering this thread isn’t obviously targeted at a particularly unpopular mod. Log in to see images!

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 Posted:

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Xylon Posted:

I think the real question here is; “Are moderators accountable to the community, or only to CZ?”

I reworded it that way because if moderators are accountable to the community then yes impeachment would be a viable and likely way to deal with some of the perceived actions of the new moderators. However, this game and these forums are not a true democracy as the Crotch Zombie staff have final say in each situation. While they are semi-decent administrators in that they serve the community and listen to the will of the people, ultimately any action must be approved by the. As such, impeachment is unlikely.

I support the concept of moderators being held accountable to the community, however given that the community can be so easily led by mob mentality to vote one way or another I prefer having a governing body to ensure that doesn’t happen.

I completely, wholeheartedly agree.

It’s not a good idea to let the community impeach a mod, especially because mob mentality IS so prevalent in online communities. All it takes is one bad decision for someone to lose credibility with the users forever, regardless of how good a mod that player has been since then.

I would say that CZ should monitor the players’ sentiment on each moderator, but under no cirgreat timesstances allow them to replace CZ as the decision-makers in de-modding someone.

Recommencer

Avatar: 135255 Tue Mar 24 17:02:05 -0400 2009

[Throne of Blood]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Shii Posted:

I completely, wholeheartedly agree.

It’s not a good idea to let the community impeach a mod, especially because mob mentality IS so prevalent in online communities. All it takes is one bad decision for someone to lose credibility with the users forever, regardless of how good a mod that player has been since then.

I would say that CZ should monitor the players’ sentiment on each moderator, but under no cirgreat timesstances allow them to replace CZ as the decision-makers in de-modding someone.

Mob Mentality seems to run rampant through FW, almost to the point were it seems to be “how things are run”, which I fear may give the no0bs no reason to keep playing. Meh.

I’m not one for politics, in fact, I fail completely at it, but I think of it as a situation where the following applies: If you don’t like the rules, leave. If everyone leaves, then I guess the mob has spoken. If only a handful leave, then….so?

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Lester Burnham Posted:

How much out of line with the community does something have to be for action to be taken? When looking at the moderation team is it possible for one who lacks the respect that seems inherently necessary on some level to trust that moderation responsibilities – responsibilities that can have a game changing impact on players – are in the right hands?

mcbannerham hasnt beeen impeeched yet

didnt he lose arap battle where the stakes were peramban??

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Leechbait Posted:

mcbannerham hasnt beeen impeeched yet

didnt he lose arap battle where the stakes were peramban??

IIRC, he never agreed to the perma.

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

Bumpin this cause Tubs banned me. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!