Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 Regarding game balance in Domination and the permanoob.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

zagerblag Posted:

Permanoobs aren’t overpowered. Their extra forums cannot compensate for their exceedingly weak attacks. Their streak advantage is minor. Dom is already about backup, not individual play, anyway. This thread is clearly a joke, and does not belong in Game Discussion.

Now that I think of it, you are right. No offense Lester, but someone that thinks “permanoobs are most powerful” obviously can’t know as much about game mechanics as they thought. Anyone that would somehow develop this kind of opinion must be an idiot worthy of being ostracized. Again no offense Lester.

I don’t know. Maybe this is just my lack of sleep talking.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Guys cool down, all of you. This is still Game Discussion.

Permanoobs are meant as a challening clbum and can profit – in a relative way – the most from

special items with lots of offense. With the lack of high offense attacks, their pistachio loop

advantage is compensated with less lemons. Same goes for re-res, even more.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

I think we should leave it, aside from the pistachio we have no problem. They have thier problems along with wins. Keep clbum forums the way they are or there is nothing special about the permanoob, no reward for the hour long battles you must have.

Make clbum forums not count twords your streak.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

I thought this thread was in an RP forum when I saw the title in the active topics section. Mispost? Late April Fools’ Day prank? Anyway, responding bumuming srs thread is srs.

Lester Burnham Posted:

Given the power of pistachio streaking in Domination it is ridiculous that one clbum be allowed to extend their streak beyond all other clbumes.

Even if pistachio remains uncapped for the existence of Forumwarz, this is a difference of 6 scoops. At the moment in solo runs, it’s 114 (36 + 38 + 40) versus 120 (38 + 40 + 42). There are a finite number of streaks that you can deploy within a dom week. In the worst case scenerio, it’s 22 scoops on the week (24 if you hold a visit over), but really, those 24 scoops are going to be bumholed away rather quickly.

Lester Burnham Posted:

Access to all the clbum forums makes their solo vanilla virtually impossible to interrupt.

Maybe I just don’t consider this a huge issue due to the alts I have, but…this doesn’t seem like a huge issue.

Lester Burnham Posted:

The top of the line attacks for Permas are text based – this gives them a huge speed advantage on the lower end forums.

Isn’t the lemon speedrun thing being converted to a turn-based system?

Lester Burnham Posted:

Additionally they have three “1 refresh” attacks where most of the normal clbumes only have two.

Emos, camwhores and trolls have 3. Not as if you even need more than 2 anyway.

Lester Burnham Posted:

New uber-powered equipment via itembuildr has radically closed the stat gap.

As Inconnu pointed out, attack power plays a bigger factor in this than offense.

Lester Burnham Posted:

Hell, 6th place on the medals leader board is held by a re-re!

I think that has more to do with the character belonging to the two biggest klans of domination players than clbum.

The only issue I would suggest is, say, someone leveling a re-re up to the clbum warfare stage, and then changing them over to a troll. Even then, it’s really a very minor issue, and quite frankly, if you’re willing to spend the time and BPs for 6 extra scoops, go for it.

Ricket edited this message on 04/02/2009 2:25PM

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Aldo_Anything Posted:

Guys cool down, all of you. This is still Game Discussion.

Permanoobs are meant as a challening clbum and can profit – in a relative way – the most from

special items with lots of offense. With the lack of high offense attacks, their pistachio loop

advantage is compensated with less lemons. Same goes for re-res, even more.

on forums under about level 15 (a majority? I don’t remember) the offense difference is totally inconsequential. With adblock, whether the attack involves images is totally irrelevant. However, four extra forums at the end of the streak represents an additional bonus at the finish of a streak. Longer streak = more weeks one can be fully competitive. Does this change the fact that the most social klan with the most decent dommers has the biggest advantage? Nope.

Several months ago I disagreed with this idea. Now I’ve got two alts where I “pnoobed” (leveled them up as a rere and changed clbumes after the clbum mission) and they are strong clbumes with all the klan forums. If they have them, everyone should have them.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

True, Fort. High-end permas can get lemons from many forums. But because they can’t 1-2 forums above ~Lvl 25, I see no serious advantage in domination.

Also these clbum specific forums are like a bonus for having grinded your perma to this level (though you can still cheat/uncheat for that).

I disagree with you on the availability of clbum specific forums for all clbumes

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

Aldo_Anything Posted:

I disagree with you on the availability of clbum specific forums for all clbumes

This.

Also, sorry, scully, I truly respect you, but this thread probably should be CoS.

Inconnu edited this message on 04/02/2009 8:10AM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

was Posted:

Overwhelmed by insomnia. Log in to see images!

I always respect a person’s right to their own opinion. I believe discussion brings out the finer points that may be missed if one person is allowed to say something and have it accepted blindly as fact. That happens far too often and rarely includes qualifiers. Most notably when a klannie chimes in about mechanics or game strategy.

I think I will make a Permanoob or begin using some visits on the re-re that I cheated to level, but have never played. It would be good to see how they run. One probably shouldn’t rely on the word of others and the wiki.

I realize it is not a requirement to play competitively in any given area in order to comment on game mechanics, but it has always seemed like a good idea to me. Perhaps others should consider doing the same.

Inconnu Posted:

Also, sorry, scully, I truly respect you, but this thread probably should be CoS.

lol. You’re a cutie. Log in to see images! scully edited this message on 04/02/2009 10:03AM

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Bunch of dumdums in this thread don’t know what they’re talking about.

Since you can’t win anything in the first 2 weeks of your streak, that’s when you do the slow forums, meaning perman00bs (and re-res) are at no disadvantage in the last 2 weeks, when you’ll be earning your high end pistachio, as well as lemons. A small tradeoff is necessary though – if you don’t keep back a few anchor forums it’s more difficult to grab vanilla, and anchors are generally more difficult forums which can’t be grinded for lemons.

The more low level forums, and the greater availability of underpriced uber equipment, the easier it is for perman00bs and re-res to grab lemons in the last 2 weeks. Re-res still have a tough time earning vanilla when the forums are busy (Wednesday or Sunday, generally) since the number of forums they can speedrun are more restricted, and popular, but the same applies to lemons, where there are around 20-30 forums where it’s possible to grab lemon scoops.

Having a 4 forum advantage means your streak is longer, and you effectively get an extra 2 pistachio scoops for every day of the streak (20 scoops over 40 visits if you saved 12 visits for the week) That advantage disappears if streaks are capped at 100, but any disadvantage of playing a permanoob in dom disappears as we see more low level forums, and better equipment.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 04/02/2009 10:12PM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Wow. It’s really depressing if the game is so out of whack that some of the ridiculous things I mentioned will actually be accurate down the road. There needs to be a serious look at change in the way stats / attacks / equipment works if that is the case. Log in to see images!

twas

Level 35 Troll

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Having a 4 forum advantage means your streak is longer…

I could very well be wrong, but isn’t it only a three non-community forum advantage?

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

was Posted:

I could very well be wrong, but isn’t it only a three non-community forum advantage?

You’re correct. Also a 2 forum advantage compared to emos who can run Geronimo. That’s enough to exploit the advantage though, since when a new streak peen becomes available, your re-re or perman00b will be at the top end of their streak, and any other clbum will be at the lower end of their streak, to grab their newly available top end pistachio in a couple of weeks time. Unless you’re out of sync with the new awards, in which case there’s no advantage (or disadvantage) between the clbumes. As noted, if there’s a pistachio cap, then all clbumes will be equal, except that permanoobs have less flexibility for which forums to run in their last two weeks.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 04/03/2009 3:32AM

twas

Level 35 Troll

The real advantage could be this. If the forum cap is at 100 forums for the regular clbumes the permanoobs will have access to 103. Okay, now if everyone can still access both pony forums them permanoobs will have 104. But more likely Evil Trout will not have it coded to give pistachio or an epeen at 104 forums. So who knows.

But that is bumuming Geronimo will apart of the 100. Which will really give properly speced emo’s 101 with both pony forums. Permanoobs 102 pwnable forums. And the other clbumes 100, again counting both pony forums.

So, I don’t know what my point was anymore. Scatterbrained.

The_Beaten G-
eneration

Avatar: 46168 Sat Jul 04 06:24:00 -0400 2009

[Klan Apathy]

Level 69 Troll

I'm not sure about all this spanking business but I do hate to see a child go unbeaten.

was Posted:

The real advantage could be this. If the forum cap is at 100 forums for the regular clbumes the permanoobs will have access to 103. Okay, now if everyone can still access both pony forums them permanoobs will have 104. But more likely Evil Trout will not have it coded to give pistachio or an epeen at 104 forums. So who knows.

But that is bumuming Geronimo will apart of the 100. Which will really give properly speced emo’s 101 with both pony forums. Permanoobs 102 pwnable forums. And the other clbumes 100, again counting both pony forums.

So, I don’t know what my point was anymore. Scatterbrained.

My bumumption has been that builder forums will continue past 100 it is just the streak counter that will limit pistachio gains past 100 so no advantage to emos, noobs or anyone. I could be wrong.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!