Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Yet another special item.

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

Wait, I thought Emos beating Geronimo was fixed. Was the recent stuff really powerful enough to enable pulling that feat off again?

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

was Posted:

Trolls would need something like 500 offense to pwn the last thread of Geronimo.

someone did the math (idk where they posted it. i bumume it’s in the thread about beating geronimo) and said 363 effective offense

so u would need 343 offense (339 is absolute minimum)

+5 from Fapping,

+15 from Racial Tension

+4 from Roids Sampler Pack

(there might be more, i’m just not aware since my troll isn’t that powerful)

ghax edited this message on 04/02/2009 8:38PM

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Anything less than $10m for the price is an insult to anyone who bought the headset items. Actually, make that $100m since players will be able to afford that soon enough.

These special items need to be nerfed, badly, or there will be no market for such flezz sinks, whenever ET finally figures out he needs to fix his messed up economy. Everyone is getting more and more flezz ($250k extra per day if you’re earning job points on high end forums) and there’s nothing to spend it on.

Itembuildr can’t be trusted to generate sensible equipment. Either it’s overpowered, or unnecessary items in categories where we already have enough equipment (effectively, junk with stats) Frankly I don’t see the point of it without any new ideas for item abilities.

Until we get a better handle on game balance, Itembuildr should be used to create actual, unequipable junk items only.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Just a thought: By making nearly all characters stronger with low cost special items, harder forums could be possible, as well as even more expensive special items like the headsets

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Aldo_Anything Posted:

Just a thought: By making nearly all characters stronger with low cost special items, harder forums could be possible, as well as even more expensive special items like the headsets

We currently have 96 easy forums. Would 1 hard forum help the situation? If pistachio is capped at 100, players could easily avoid such challenge forums anyway, since there’d be no incentive to waste your flezz or pistachio streak on them.

BloodyDemise

Avatar: 121820 2010-06-13 01:05:56 -0400

[Throne of Blood]

Level 60 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

I support lowering the stats on itembuildr items, or at least raising their prices by a lot.

Also, what happens as the co-op fills up? Will itembuildr items be limited editions, and disappear after a while?

sugarcult

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

One small thing you guys forget is the fact that these items are only available for a limited time, unless they decide it’s worthy of permanence:

The item will end up in the itembuildr store at first for a limited time, along with recently published items. People can purchase the item and begin trading it on Kyoubai (or just stockpile it for their collections.) The best items will also be moved (at the discretions of admins) into the actual game stores, so anyone playing the Forumwarz storyline can purchase them.

So it’s a reward for people that are playing now over people who join in the future.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

BloodyDemise Posted:

Also, what happens as the co-op fills up? Will itembuildr items be limited editions, and disappear after a while?

That is an interesting question

BloodyDemise

Avatar: 121820 2010-06-13 01:05:56 -0400

[Throne of Blood]

Level 60 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

The quote sugarcult posted above seems to indicate they won’t be buyable forever.

I’m no economist and I haven’t really analysed how this would affect the game, but such cheap and powerful items should probably be sold only for a few days. I was going to suggest a limited number of each, but then scalpers would just snap them up and sell for mbumive profits.

Although players would probably set more appropriate prices than the current algorithm.

rainbow_great timesm-
er

Level 11 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

will i die if i respond to this?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

This is a silly situation. I don’t believe this makes the wireless headsets obsolete, we can’t know what forums are to come and what advantage a few points will give. As long as there is a point difference I would prefer the item with more points.

However, coming immediately after the shock of dragon balls? With a price wise that is a laugh? This item should be stocked at 15 million with a guarantee that next week there won’t be a new version with more stats. This should be the freaking holy grail like pink floyd. Something to work towards for the players who have missed out on headsets, but still allowing those who have won headsets a margin where they will ultimately be worth more. You can simply click to buy this anytime you wish, come on.

With the existing forums, things like this will radically close the gap between what different clbumes do as well as what level capped vs non-level capped characters can do. When dealing with clbum balance and its implied necessity due to the endgame – the answer is not equipment. Players dislike 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1 and every item like this makes anything besides 1, 2, 1, 2 obsolete. I bought the dragon balls, as I’m sure everyone without headsets did. They made a noticeable difference. Some of the forums that required two or three hits were suddenly being killed with one less hit.

Looking at the past do people not get that Emo kids were awesome? You had to manage your attacks and health, you had to work for speed. Trying out different things mattered. Now unless you are planning to pwn G! you have no need for Life After Death and why would you take it when you could add the points into offense? The game needs to be tweaked in the other direction, not slapped with equipment bandages that make everything even. Even is boring. There is no strategy in “1 shot.”

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I have an idea for a solution:

Make it so that forumbuildr no longer spits out forums below level, say thirty, and increase the maximum level to around forty. We already have enough low-level forums.

Also, buff headsets so that this doesn’t obsoletize them.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Until we get a better handle on game balance, Itembuildr should be used to create actual, unequipable junk items only.

This.

Or select stats for item manually ffs.

Mommy Raped -
Me

Level 27 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

BloodyDemise Posted:

The quote sugarcult posted above seems to indicate they won’t be buyable forever.

Possibly… but some of the items that have started out there have appeared in the Ppwn shoppe. If they get taken down from co-op, who’s to say it won’t appear in ppwn shoppe again?

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

generichaxor Posted:

someone did the math (idk where they posted it. i bumume it’s in the thread about beating geronimo) and said 363 effective offense

so u would need 343 offense (339 is absolute minimum)

+5 from Fapping,

+15 from Racial Tension

+4 from Roids Sampler Pack

(there might be more, i’m just not aware since my troll isn’t that powerful)

Roids stack; you can have a bunch of them active at the same time. I don’t know the damage calculations, though, and I don’t trust your post, with your history being what it is.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

You could just power up headset

sugarcult

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Here’s some things Evil Trout said he’ll do for the Master Ball and itembuildr:

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

I’d say the simplest way to deal with the power creep would be to simply introduce new level 36+ forums. Perhaps increase the level cap too. Don’t moan about power creep, embrace it and add new challenges for it.

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

1338h4x Posted:

I’d say the simplest way to deal with the power creep would be to simply introduce new level 36+ forums. Perhaps increase the level cap too. Don’t moan about power creep, embrace it and add new challenges for it.

Agreed. This game is easy, and the new items are making it easier. I would love to have a challenge. Log in to see images!

I’d also like to see a cap on stronger items than we have now. IB wouldn’t be able to make any items more powerful than we have now, but the items would still be equip-able…much more sensible than creating collectible junk.

Tare

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

1338h4x Posted:

This. Although I would rather have just the Level 36+ forums without the cap. It’d be nice to have a challenge.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!