Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay Apparently I'm a Hacker

Kelpie

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

I have an EeePC 4G Surf and I use Google Chrome. I actually have a crappy internet connection: 1.5mbit down and 768k up (That I happen to share with a gamer. That takes up a lot of that small amount of bandwidth). And a lot of latency. But forums load pretty quickly on here, like bam 500ms and they’re loaded.

It was okay when it just “lagged” (timed out) every once in awhile and told me that I should refresh the forum and stop sending too many requests at once, which is definitely bad for killing forums in “record” time. But then I started having problems with extracting the files and lagging.

What got me to stop ignoring it and posting is three dialogs poping up telling me I’m a hacker. Log in to see images!

So yeah. Fun problem. I quite think this is in the wrong forum, but whatever.

Kelpie edited this message on 03/30/2009 9:56PM

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Kelpie Posted:

I have an EeePC 4G Surf and I use Google Chrome. I actually have a crappy internet connection: 1.5mbit down and 768k up (That I happen to share with a gamer. That takes up a lot of that small amount of bandwidth). And a lot of latency. But forums load pretty quickly on here, like bam 500ms and they’re loaded.

It was okay when it just “lagged” (timed out) every once in awhile and told me that I should refresh the forum and stop sending too many requests at once, which is definitely bad for killing forums in “record” time. But then I started having problems with extracting the files and lagging.

What got me to stop ignoring it and posting is three dialogs poping up telling me I’m a hacker. Log in to see images!

So yeah. Fun problem. I quite think this is in the wrong forum, but whatever.

You’re in the right place. The problem is probably that, due to lag, you submitted more extract requests than you had complete copies of a file. If so, the game noticed it and bumumed it was a cracking attempt. There’s nothing you can do about it. ET could change the interface, but it’s not going to happen; there’s much more important stuff for him to do.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Ya that popup is just when too many of your requests hit the server at once. It looks like you’re trying to do stuff to things that have already been acted on.

don’t worry about it. Log in to see images!

Teh Pwnerz

Level 22 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

EPIC FAIL!

Kelpie

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Big Bang

Avatar: 95349 Sun Jan 11 01:23:56 -0500 2009

[WeChall is a ****ty klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Teh Pwnerz Posted:

EPIC FAIL!

non rp

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Kelpie Posted:

I thought the EEE PC was an ultracheap ultraportable for people who couldn’t afford anything better, or wanted something they could carry around easily for highly computationally-light tasks.

Kelpie

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

zagerblag Posted:

I thought the EEE PC was an ultracheap ultraportable for people who couldn’t afford anything better, or wanted something they could carry around easily for highly computationally-light tasks.

I’m an abuser of sorts with computers. I have this bad boy OC’d to 1008.11mhz. Plus I’m a GIRL. A tiny GIRL. And this happens to fit on my lap just perfectly. And my E-male reproductive organ is bigger than yours, strap-on or not:

[06:21:43AM] <Kelpie> Based on the uptime of my Windows XP edition nettop (5wks 5days 6hrs 15mins), my strap-on e-male reproductive organ is 41.704568 inches (105.929603 cm) erect! Largest strap-on ever was 45.04919 inches (114.424943 cm)!

Nah, I’ve been using this for a year and it’s gone through a lot… besides very stressful over it’s actual capable limits usage.

I did happen to have a desktop, but where I lived before had a dirty power source and… Yeah. A dead motherboard and yeah I’m cheap aka broke. Log in to see images! Oh well. But I do happen to need a spiffy desktop for all my music production and audiophiliac needs.

And I’m an enthusiast of netbooks and SSDs (and sound, but that is for another topic). Carry on now and ignore my outbursts of fangirl fabulous personry. (and random blablabla about a problem you all probably already know.)

Kelpie edited this message on 03/31/2009 7:27AM

Mommy Raped -
Me

Level 27 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

Aren’t SSD’s overpriced atm? Sure it’s lot more reliable (supposedly) but I don’t think they are worth the cost yet.

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Kelpie Posted:

I’m an abuser of sorts with computers. I have this bad boy OC’d to 1008.11mhz. Plus I’m a GIRL. A tiny GIRL. And this happens to fit on my lap just perfectly. And my E-male reproductive organ is bigger than yours, strap-on or not:

[06:21:43AM] <Kelpie> Based on the uptime of my Windows XP edition nettop (5wks 5days 6hrs 15mins), my strap-on e-male reproductive organ is 41.704568 inches (105.929603 cm) erect! Largest strap-on ever was 45.04919 inches (114.424943 cm)!

Nah, I’ve been using this for a year and it’s gone through a lot… besides very stressful over it’s actual capable limits usage.

I did happen to have a desktop, but where I lived before had a dirty power source and… Yeah. A dead motherboard and yeah I’m cheap aka broke. Log in to see images! Oh well. But I do happen to need a spiffy desktop for all my music production and audiophiliac needs.

And I’m an enthusiast of netbooks and SSDs (and sound, but that is for another topic). Carry on now and ignore my outbursts of fangirl fabulous personry. (and random blablabla about a problem you all probably already know.)

1) I wouldn’t expect a strap-on to provide the realistic feedback of a real male reproductive organ.

2) At 41 inches, wouldn’t that be sort of awkward to use? You know, with the principles of leverage being what they are.

3) Do you actually have the skill and creativity required to make listenable music?

Kelpie

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

zagerblag Posted:

1) I wouldn’t expect a strap-on to provide the realistic feedback of a real male reproductive organ.

2) At 41 inches, wouldn’t that be sort of awkward to use? You know, with the principles of leverage being what they are.

3) Do you actually have the skill and creativity required to make listenable music?

1 & 2. Meh

3. Threshold has been reached due to Fruity Loops Studio being a creativity killer and my silly bum losing the mood for the songs I make once I get excited after I’ve created something good for about 20 secs to a minute. But I will have some very herbal help in a few weeks or more. See for yourself, otherwise: http://kelpie.bandamp.com/music.html

Oh and my Sony MDR-V700s are a very POS leaky, messy headphones. They’re terrible with producing the frequencies right. I will obviously not wait, but I want to get an Asus Xonar Essence STX and Sennheiser HD650s first before doing any really serious work, though I did start getting better BEFORE MY COMPUTER DIED *RAGE*. Log in to see images!

And NO SSDs are not overpriced. C’mon $3.50/gig on an OCZ Vertex 120GB SSD with 64mb of cache and a lovely, lovely support forums on OCZ as well as them fixing the firmware as fast as they can?? You can’t beat that. Well besides with Intel, but their firmware still needs a lot of fixing to do! Btw, do the math thats about $339. And I remember sitting there looking at SSD prices when 30GB SSDs were $339, in June of 2008.

Kelpie edited this message on 03/31/2009 3:34PM

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

I’m moving this to Ayn Rands since it has nothing to do with the game anymore.

nashcash

[WeChall]

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

finally, found this thread. i could now sleep in peace for today. lolz

kelpie, gave your samples a few spins. nice tunes you’ve got.

since we are also talking about our setup. how much work could i do given that I have AMD in my motherboard along with 512MB worth of RAM? Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!