Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll ITT: Super srs question

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I regret inaction more, but I’ve been very pbumive overall so that probably has a lot to do with it

nashcash

[WeChall]

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

The Baroness Posted:

No I meant it more in a way of: if you were to make a decision purely based on what you feel at that moment, but you know it might be better for you if you don’t, would you do it knowing you might regret it later? Or would you not give into your feelings and just wonder what would have happened?

Since this follow up query somewhat changes the dynamic of the original question, I’ll answer this instead.

Being an impulsive person, I usually go for the now, and if I fouled up, then I charge it to experience. Not exactly regret but it would give me facepalm moments whenever I recall that event.

If for some reason I was not able to take action, then that’s when the “what if” “shoulda-coulda-woulda” thoughts pop in.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

It all depends on what the “something” is.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Tough call. Depends on what the thing is that i did.

currently i’d rather regret something I did because I tend to obsess over ‘what-ifs’

**** now i can’t decide even though i already voted. both are very regrettable.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

I regret a lot of things I didn’t do.

However, I never regret stuff that I’ve done – they’re done already and you can’t do **** to change them.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

They’re kind of the same thing, really. Regretting something you did do is like regretting what could’ve been, had you not done the thing you regret having done, where as regretting something you didn’t do is like regretting what you could have now, had you done the thing you regret having not done.

Regret is p. much regret, all that really changes is the context in which it occurs. Log in to see images!

Neona

Avatar: 88117 Sat Feb 07 19:37:29 -0500 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 43 Camwhore

Serious future peenwhore. XO!

at least you can learn a lesson from ****ing up.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Aristrofl Posted:

Regretting things I have done does nothing.

Regretting things I didn’t do, sometimes can be rectified.

I would say the exact opposite.

Regretting something I didn’t do means lost opportunities, lost chances.

You can always try to make up for an action you took that you regret, be it through an apology or something else.

heirloom

Avatar: 47475 2015-07-17 09:14:26 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 8 Emo Kid

Hey this is Professor Commie PhD. I am a total **** stain.

It really depends on the situation. I have never really regret doing anything in my life but there is quite a bit a regret not doing. Looking back on it now, I wish I had had the metaphorical balls to do some of the things back in the day. However…I know that, without the experiences that came after, I wouldn’t have been able to do them then.

warjoke

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I have been in both situations:

I regret not hugging my grandpa in his last few days.

I also regret giving my friend a piece of advice that almost ruined his life.

in the matter of what hurts more, I think regretting something you “didn’t” do weighs heavier since you know that something can be done that can make a lot of difference. I will make you wanna go back to the past even more.

warjoke edited this message on 04/05/2009 10:14PM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Something I didn’t do. Because at least there was no harm done, even if I miss a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Something I did do could result in something catastrophic that can’t be reversed… And I’d feel more guilty for taking an wrongful action than a wrongful non-action. It’s like comparing murder to (pbumive)euthanasia.

Wow why so srs of a thread?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!