Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Video Games Any good Nintendo DS games out?

mercurialgirl

Level 19 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Hey guys!

I was wondering if you knew about any good Nintendo DS games that are out these days! It’s been a looooong time since I’ve bought any new games! Anything really cerebral or quirky amuses me and would be well worth it, especially RPGs. Which ones do you think are good buys?

Here are some of the games I’ve been thinking about buying::

– Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

– Nintendogs (Never played it… What is all the hype about?!)

– Disgaea DS

– any WarioWare GBA/DS games (don’t know which)

– The World Ends With You

– Mario Party DS

– Lost in Blue (the first one— apparently there are like 3+)

– Super Princess Peach

– Professor Layton and the Curious Village

– Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

Thanks for all your help! Log in to see images!

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

xXxSecksi_AnGelxXx Posted:

Hey guys!

I was wondering if you knew about any good Nintendo DS games that are out these days! It’s been a looooong time since I’ve bought any new games! Anything really cerebral or quirky amuses me and would be well worth it, especially RPGs. Which ones do you think are good buys?

Here are some of the games I’ve been thinking about buying::

– Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

– Nintendogs (Never played it… What is all the hype about?!)

– Disgaea DS

– any WarioWare GBA/DS games (don’t know which)

– The World Ends With You

– Mario Party DS

– Lost in Blue (the first one— apparently there are like 3+)

– Super Princess Peach

– Professor Layton and the Curious Village

– Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

Thanks for all your help! Log in to see images!

Pretty good list, there is supposed to be another good RPG out on the DS, but I can’t remeber it’s name atm.

WoweeZowee

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Castlevanias are actually good, specially Portain of Ruin.

mercurialgirl

Level 19 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Pretty good list, there is supposed to be another good RPG out on the DS, but I can’t remeber it’s name atm.

Hmm… Maybe Children of Mana? I have it, but it didn’t hold my interest for very long. I wanted more of an SRPG, so I bought Luminous Arc. That didn’t cut it, either >_<

mercurialgirl

Level 19 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

WoweeZowee Posted:

Castlevanias are actually good, specially Portain of Ruin.

Thanks! What do you like about the Castlevania games? What is the gameplay like? I like playing games where you can orchestrate like a whole team of people together, so I don’t know about single-character gameplay where you just run around a scene and kill whatever crosses your path… Is it like that? And do you think it matters which order you play the Castlevania games in?

mercurialgirl edited this message on 03/30/2009 9:40AM

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Aha! Avalon Code.

Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmsin_KgCh4

Be aware that’s in Japanese but there is an English release.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

If you’re not against downloading games just get this http://www.cyclopsds.com/ and download ****ing everything.

I have 72 SNES, 28 NES, and 80 DS games loaded onto my DS right now, it’s great Log in to see images!

If you are against it, just get The World Ends With you, it’s amazing and probably the best game on the DS by far.

E: Oh, also I’ve played a small bit of Avalon Code, it’s not that great, but it has a great concept though so it’s pretty fun.

EE: And if you want something ridiculously fun and funny, get Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 03/30/2009 3:10AM

KaaVink

Avatar: 60693 Tue Oct 28 11:07:23 -0400 2008

[SRSLY]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

TWEWY: Seconded. So far it’s the DS game I’ve enjoyed the most.

Well, I’m interested to see what GTA:Chinatown Wars is like. And I’m also waiting for my copy of Henry Hatsworth to arrive. That game looks like it’ll be great fun.

In terms of SRPGs, I’m also going to be getting Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume soon. It’s been getting mixed reviews, but I’ve always enjoyed the VP series. So I’ll only be able to comment on it when I have it.

But all of that is just a way to keep me occupied until Devil Survivor comes out. An SMT game on the DS = a very happy me.

altLokiA2C5A

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Thanks! What do you like about the Castlevania games? What is the gameplay like? I like playing games where you can orchestrate like a whole team of people together, so I don’t know about single-character gameplay where you just run around a scene and kill whatever crosses your path… Is it like taht? And do you think it matters which order you play the Castlevania games in?

then youre probably not going to like Castlevania..

order doesnt matter imo.

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

phoenix wright is a defendant, touch detectives was cute, as for a good rpg twewy or contact and if you like the old school stuff eltrian odyssey

mercurialgirl

Level 19 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Johnny Mac Posted:

If you’re not against downloading games just get this http://www.cyclopsds.com/ and download ****ing everything.

I try to only download games that I can’t borrow from friends or buy at reasonable prices, but thanks for the link! You know, I’m surprised nobody has said anything about playing Fire Emblem or Disgaea DS yet. I always thought those were up there with Nintendo’s big cash cows, at least for SRPGs. Log in to see images!

MiscMentagon-
Unkown

[Island of Avalon]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Tingles rosy rupeeland. [sarcasm]

mercurialgirl

Level 19 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

EVECHARM Posted:

phoenix wright is a defendant, touch detectives was cute, as for a good rpg twewy or contact and if you like the old school stuff eltrian odyssey

I have Phoenix Wright: Justice for All. I think it’s the second Phoenix Wright game for the DS. What’s Contact? I’ve never heard of it.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

I try to only download games that I can’t borrow from friends or buy at reasonable prices, but thanks for the link! You know, I’m surprised nobody has said anything about playing Fire Emblem or Disgaea DS yet. I always thought those were up there with Nintendo’s big cash cows, at least for SRPGs. Log in to see images!

I played Disgea DS on a emulator for 5 mintues before I gave up on the camera. Log in to see images!

mercurialgirl

Level 19 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

CrinkzPipe Posted:

I played Disgea DS on a emulator for 5 mintues before I gave up on the camera. Log in to see images!

What camera?? Maybe you got a bad ROM? I know someone who bought the game and absolutely loved it! He’s one of those tabletop-gaming nerds so I figure he has pretty discriminating tastes about these things Log in to see images!

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

What camera?? Maybe you got a bad ROM? I know someone who bought the game and absolutely loved it! He’s one of those tabletop-gaming nerds so I figure he has pretty discriminating tastes about these things Log in to see images!

The camera freaked out on me because I pressed random keys on my keyboard then couldn’t figure out how to reset it then I was just like meh.. I loved the game for the console, and I probably will pick it up sooner or later.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 03/30/2009 10:05AM

KaaVink

Avatar: 60693 Tue Oct 28 11:07:23 -0400 2008

[SRSLY]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I would be more interested in the DS Disgaea if I didn’t already have it on PS2.

I have Phoenix Wright: Justice for All. I think it’s the second Phoenix Wright game for the DS.

Apart from the final trial, that one was pretty disappointing.

Also: I’m pretty interested in having a look at the DS remake of Broken Sword. But I guess adventure games have been a dying breed for a long time now.

mercurialgirl

Level 19 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

KaaVink Posted:

Apart from the final trial, that one was pretty disappointing.

Also: I’m pretty interested in having a look at the DS remake of Broken Sword. But I guess adventure games have been a dying breed for a long time now.

Disappointing? I actually liked the second Phoenix Wright. Haven’t played the first one, though.

I wish you weren’t so right about adventure games Log in to see images! That’s how I feel, too. I like some PC adventure games, too… at least King’s Quest VI and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. Actually, your last sentence reminds me of the bookshop keeper in KQ6.

I never get to play the original version of anything… guess adventure games weren’t made for my generation or something =(

Miss Prince

[The House of Badfic]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Snag the other Phoenix Wright games if you can find ‘em; I love those games. And get Elite Beat Agents if you don’t have it yet.

Of the ones you listed… The World Ends With You is definitely worth buying, really neat game. Professor Layton is fun but pretty short. I enjoyed Lost in Blue but ymmv — it’s a survival game, and if you don’t like exploring and finding food and, well, surviving, it won’t be much fun.

If you’re a fan of the Harvest Moon series, I’ve been playing Rune Factory 2 and really enjoying it, so there’s that.

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

-Another Code

-Wario Ware

-Mario 64 DS

-Digdug

-Castlevania

p. cool games which I had when I had my DS

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!