Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ugly What counts as spam? I want concrete restrictions if this is bannabale.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Dude, that rule has been there forever, just no mod to enforce it.

I’m not against mods, but it’s pretty annoying to have a mod in there 24/7 now, I don’t even want to chat anymore because it’s like I’m being watched.

And yeah “you shouldn’t be worried if you’re not doing anything wrong,” but IDC was always the mod free zone until now, and it was fun that way.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Johnny Mac Posted:

I’m not against mods, but it’s pretty annoying to have a mod in there 24/7 now, I don’t even want to chat anymore because it’s like I’m being watched.

And yeah “you shouldn’t be worried if you’re not doing anything wrong,” but IDC was always the mod free zone until now, and it was fun that way.

This.

Plus we don’t even know all the rules for IDC. Is it like a non-rp forum where you can’t embed shock without warning and post hijackers with the rule of no spamming? Or is it only no spamming?

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

CrinkzPipe Posted:

This.

Plus we don’t even know all the rules for IDC. Is it like a non-rp forum where you can’t embed shock without warning and post hijackers with the rule of no spamming? Or is it only no spamming?

I know I’ve made ET click on a few non warned shock images in my time in IDC.

He just says “Why did I click that” and lols it off.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I think what this really comes down to is the difference between why people go to idc. Some view it as an extension of the forums, some view it as a break from the forums, sometimes new players show up seeking game information. It has in fact always been a mix.

The idea of multiple chat channels is very appealing. I get that there is the option for irc. A while back I mentioned the idea of additional chat channels and the ability to have a private chat or a klan chat, whichever admin I was talking to said that if people want more chat options, take it to irc.

I just don’t understand why that is a good option for the game. Why is purposely sending players off site a good plan? That makes zero sense. Idc as either a wall of spam or as a sanitized snooze fest is just bad for the game, bad for the flamebate community.

It’s a really fine line. I’ve seen some really cool things that would be considered spam. I’ve also seen some conversations that made me bail faster than a counting script. Some people converse so incessantly that their conversation seems like spam.

Overall, rather than hard rules that need to be policed and are therefore radically subject to selective modding, I’d much rather see multiple channels and the ability to block/unblock players.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Lester Burnham Posted:

Good Stuff

Good stuff. I’m quoting that into our discussion in the Mod forum.

Recommencer

Avatar: 135255 Tue Mar 24 17:02:05 -0400 2009

[Throne of Blood]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I’d be pro both options (Ignore Option and Multiple Chatrooms) Trolling is an artform (often done poorly, but still…Log in to see images!, and shouldn’t reeeeally be banned for, but above poster has a point of the confusion with IDC being multi-purposed.

Do I think that the mods should move this up the queue line of complaints? No.

Do I think that temp-modding in order to make this a happy place should happen? Definitely not.

Mod Edit: Removed Trolling Text in GD. First Warning. – Sgt. Cid

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I simply think we should scrap IDC all together. It’s a pathetic attempt at a chat (Sorry, ET, I couldn’t do any better, but it really is), and it would be a lot easier to simply get a few IRC channels rather than making ET program even more for something that not everyone uses.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Kilroy Posted:

I simply think we should scrap IDC all together. It’s a pathetic attempt at a chat (Sorry, ET, I couldn’t do any better, but it really is), and it would be a lot easier to simply get a few IRC channels rather than making ET program even more for something that not everyone uses.

I’ve seen a lot of newer players pop into IDC to get a quick answer to a question. I’d like that to remain available, even for those that aren’t familiar with other systems like IRC, even if it was in a different form.

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Sergeant Cid Posted:

In my opinion, any continually repeating posts that are fairly similar, that are disruptive to other conversations, and are not themselves part of a serious conversation, can be considered spam.

I think this will always be a grey area to call. I’d rather see the ability to tempmute or tempkick a player from IDC than outright bannning.

This is really subjective definition. I’m not trying to be a male reproductive organ, honest, I could apply this to IDC in general and ban everyone.

Also by your definition, I can not role play in IDC, because my character wants to **** dolphins, and no one will take this as a “serious conversation” and might find this disruptive to their boring non-dolphin-****ing conversation. So, if my character were to say “I want to **** a dolphin”, “Man, I’d really love some dolphin woman's genitals right now”, “Hey guys, have you ever ****ed a dolphin”, “Man, dolphin woman's genitalss sure are great, I’d like to put my male reproductive organ in one right now”, etc. this is a repetitive message that is disrupting conversations. But really, it’s just good role play.

Again, the easiest solution to implement is “Ignore”.

A better solution is additional channels, including one that is unmoderated.

A better punishment is a gag/mute feature, because really, banning a player from doing anything on the site because they disrupted the chat area, that is never a real part of gameplay, ever, is overkill.

The easiest punishment is to go back to not moderating IDC.

But let’s not forget the point of the thread – which wasn’t to discuss what the best solution might be… it was to get finite restrictions.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

This is a horrible rule. Spam goes just as fast as it comes.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

I have no idea what happened to this post. It got totally ganked up when I hit ‘Post It’.

Sergeant Cid edited this message on 03/29/2009 10:14PM

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

This is really subjective definition. I’m not trying to be a male reproductive organ, honest, I could apply this to IDC in general and ban everyone.

Also by your definition, I can not role play in IDC, because my character wants to **** dolphins, and no one will take this as a “serious conversation” and might find this disruptive to their boring non-dolphin-****ing conversation. So, if my character were to say %

Can you please clarify this?

duca edited this message on 03/29/2009 10:01PM

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Raepdog Posted:

This is a horrible rule. Spam goes just as fast as it comes.

No, not really.

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

duca Posted:

Can you please clarify this?

See my above edit. I have no idea how it got screwed up, but in a nutshell, I was generally agreeing that we need more options for moderation in IDC, if we’re going to be expected to moderate it at all.

Bannings just aren’t the right way to go for most IDC issues. Ignores for Player use and Tempkicks/Mutes for Mod use, as well as multiple rooms for multiple purposes.

And when I said ‘serious discussions’ in my earlier post, I guess I really meant ‘relevant’ discussions.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

MeatLoafFan Posted:

Relevant thread:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/28667-critique-to-current-forum-rule

I think I’m going to read that again, now, with a different perspective.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!