Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ugly What counts as spam? I want concrete restrictions if this is bannabale.

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

If you can ban me for “spamming” in IDC, I want to know what, EXACTLY, counts as spam.

How many lines?

How long, in seconds, between lines is allowed?

What if each line is unique, say for example, if I were to recite an entire Edgar Allen Poe poem in IDC, would that be spam? If so, what would make it NOT spam?

If this is a rule, we need to know the rule up front, otherwise you are leaving too much room for interpretation.

Also, for the record, this rule is complete bull****, and might make me leave this game forever.

Thanks.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Spam is obvious when people can’t read each others messages and only those of the spamee, as long as you have about 5 seconds imo if it’s constant it should be ok imo. now for the poem scenario I think you should at least give warning or something.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

The no spamming idc rule makes me sad. I would miss h0g’s spam.

aSh-gangSTA--

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

CrinkzPipe Posted:

5 seconds

If that’s the rule, and we know UP FRONT that the rule, then fine.

Fortunato

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

Also this is a rule where people will figure out the exact technical limits and never go over them, but continue to be disruptive anyway. Then if you make it a case by case basis it would suck too.

I would propose mods and admins write to offenders with notes to the effect of “cut it out, please”.

But then again, never mind. Nobody cares about warnings anyway.

Fortunato

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

I really don’t think this should be a rule. Perhaps in extreme cases (maybe let’s say spams continuously for more than 5 minutes or 10 minutes or something?) but not as a general rule.

aSh-gangSTA--

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

This rule would be a moot point if there were an /ignore feature implemented. But since the admins decided to go the rule route, and remove the last bastion of total freedom from this site, I’d at least like a clear understanding of my rules so that I can avoid future (bull****) bans.

Fortunato

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

I think practically everyone could agree on an ignore feature, or a room feature. Make a ‘newfabulous person’ room and rooms for each klan, maybe an oldfabulous person room, stuff like this.

But ignore would really be the best route.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

In my opinion, any continually repeating posts that are fairly similar, that are disruptive to other conversations, and are not themselves part of a serious conversation, can be considered spam.

I think this will always be a grey area to call. I’d rather see the ability to tempmute or tempkick a player from IDC than outright bannning.

Fortunato

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

last post I’m going to make for a little while:

the whole point of spam is to disrupt conversation. If there’s people I don’t like or have no use for, or I just feel like it, I want idc spam to be my right. Especially since there are users (*ahem* h0g and xylon) who are elevating idc spam to high art.

There’s plenty of places online where you can go where spamming will get you banned. I want this to be a place where it won’t. Some nights maybe it’ll drive me crazy. but I’m prepared to make that sacrifice for a place where h0g can drop his 100 bottles of beer in idc now and then and people who don’t want to hear it can ignore it. And I’ll likely be ignoring them.

Auser

Avatar: 89481 Thu Feb 26 14:58:28 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

Just south of sanity

Sergeant Cid Posted:

I’d rather see the ability to tempmute or tempkick a player from IDC than outright bannning.

good idea and much less messy

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I don’t know what I like, but I know what art is.

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

Fortunato Posted:

the whole point of spam is to disrupt conversation. If there’s people I don’t like or have no use for, or I just feel like it, I want idc spam to be my right. Especially since there are users (*ahem* h0g and xylon) who are elevating idc spam to high art.

There’s plenty of places online where you can go where spamming will get you banned. I want this to be a place where it won’t. Some nights maybe it’ll drive me crazy. but I’m prepared to make that sacrifice for a place where h0g can drop his 100 bottles of beer in idc now and then and people who don’t want to hear it can ignore it. And I’ll likely be ignoring them.

QFT. Especially since this is a game about, you know, trolling. Log in to see images!

ANGRY HOBO

Avatar: 49150 Tue Aug 11 01:43:48 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

So this is only a rulle now?

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Would it be possible to split IDC in half, having a “Spam away, spam boy!” section and a “Actual conversations here” section, sort of like RP vs. non-RP forums on Flamebate?

ANGRY HOBO

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

ANGRY HOBO Posted:

So this is only a rulle now?

btw, I really would like to see this answered

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

ANGRY HOBO Posted:

btw, I really would like to see this answered

It appears to be so. Log in to see images!

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/228931

Why would your account be banned? Mainly for these reasons:

– Breaking the rules in Flamebate. The rules for each forum are stickied at the top.

– Vandalizing the Wiki.

– Spamming Internet Delay Chat

– Creating Illegal Multis (see below)

ANGRY HOBO

Level 28 Emo Kid

CaptainDDL Posted:

So why the hell was iRAWR perma banned for that way before this rulle?? I mean if the rulle didnt existed till now, he should not be banned.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

Fortunato Posted:

This.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

ANGRY HOBO Posted:

So why the hell was iRAWR perma banned for that way before this rulle?? I mean if the rulle didnt existed till now, he should not be banned.

Dude, that rule has been there forever, just no mod to enforce it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!