Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Peer Comment on the New Moderators

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

I think it would be nice if we could compliment, critique, and evaluate the new moderators to help understand why they make their choices and to help them be good moderators while still connected with the community.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

I fully support this, and appreciate the honest critiques. Sometimes when things are said in IDC or in RP forums, it’s difficult to know if the reactions are serious or not. And that’s perfectly fine. That’s the point of those forums, is to let loose & have fun. Yesterday on IDC, a player was ‘hazing’ me, and it was actually fun from my end. And I fully expect such antics to continue. (Hell, look at how many of us give McB a hard time, and he’s been here since before forever.)

But in that IDC situation yesterday, I really don’t know if that player’s expressed concerns were real or simply playful teasing. And instead of bumuming (which would be unfair to the player), it’s better to have an open forum for critiques & suggestions, so long as they remain respectful, on both sides.

For my part, I’ll also happily take any private Tubmails, if a player would like to voice the same type of critique or suggestion, but would rather not do so in public.

Just make sure to send them to Sergeant Cid, not Acid Flux. My tubmail is so clogged with auction info that I might miss it.

The Baroness

Avatar: 111827 Sat Apr 25 22:25:53 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

Like I said yesterday on IDC: I fully support the idea of having different mods with different personalities.

This is a game about trolling and I doubt trolling would be any fun if all the moderators either don’t give a ****, or are all super srs ban-business. The whole giggle of posting a thread (for the real trolls) and you getting banned basically depending on which mod looks at the thread first is amazingly funny.

I do however feel like all the mods should be bumertive enough to speak up when a decision was made by another that they don’t agree with, but I am not a mod, nor Evil Trout, so that is not really any of my business and I’m sure that happens anyway.

Also, I think it might be an idea to post the reason of banning on the players profile page. I always seem to be missing certain threads and stuff, and I think it keeps from mods being unnecessarily ruthless because we can all look up the what and why. Maybe add a feature that allows mods to post a link to the bannable offense or a dropdown menu of bannable offenses, so that the profile page says: this player was banned for this post or this player was banned for script spamming IDC (or something).

Just a thought.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

The Baroness Posted:

I do however feel like all the mods should be bumertive enough to speak up when a decision was made by another that they don’t agree with, but I am not a mod, nor Evil Trout, so that is not really any of my business and I’m sure that happens anyway.

This is a very good point.

We are easily able to communicate privately as a group, thanks to some new Mod tools. So far, nothing really controversial has come up, but from the way some normal items have been handled, it’s a very smooth process.

Also, I think it might be an idea to post the reason of banning on the players profile page. I always seem to be missing certain threads and stuff, and I think it keeps from mods being unnecessarily ruthless because we can all look up the what and why. Maybe add a feature that allows mods to post a link to the bannable offense or a dropdown menu of bannable offenses, so that the profile page says: this player was banned for this post or this player was banned for script spamming IDC (or something).

Just a thought.

I support this, so long as it does not unintentionally Alt-reveal a player.

I’ll make sure to drop that idea into our Modtalks.

Her Majesty -
The woman's genitals

[GGM Skype Crew]

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Sergeant Cid Posted:

I support this, so long as it does not unintentionally Alt-reveal a player.

I’ll make sure to drop that idea into our Modtalks.

Maybe make it so that it only says the reason on the character’s main? I don’t know how to solve that, you had a good point there. Didn’t think of it like that, since I don’t really have any super sekrit alts, see? (Log in to see images!) Then again if you would only post that message on a main character, the profiles where it doesn’t state a reason would automatically be alts.

Maybe the alts could just say ‘this player was banned for spamming Flamebate’ without a link?

Her Majesty The Cunt edited this message on 03/28/2009 8:14AM

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

The Baroness Posted:

Just a thought.

This is how it already is.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

was Posted:

But there are a lot of cases where it wasn’t just a specific post or something and the reason for banning is left blank. There are many users, especially some of the permabanned users who have nothing on their profile, leaving their ban reason ambiguous.

Stinkhole

Avatar: 149392 Mon Mar 09 02:30:27 -0400 2009

Level 22 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Nicco is p helpful.

The Baroness

Avatar: 111827 Sat Apr 25 22:25:53 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

was Posted:

It hardly gets used then. And the 39376298 people on IDC vaguely knowing and getting ****ed over nothing because they only know half the ****ing story is more strain on the mods and ET imho.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Adapt Posted:

But there are a lot of cases where it wasn’t just a specific post or something and the reason for banning is left blank. There are many users, especially some of the permabanned users who have nothing on their profile, leaving their ban reason ambiguous.

Yes on permabanned account there is no link, but that is because it is for multiple offenses. Or because the ban length hasn’t been decided. Now if I get banned for trolling, there is a link saying “This user was banned for this post.” But on my alts there is no link. Maybe you are just looking at the wrong characters.

And I think besides posts, bans are a private affair. If someone is banned for illegal alts, I would rather not see that on their profile.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

was Posted:

And I think besides posts, bans are a private affair. If someone is banned for illegal alts, I would rather not see that on their profile.

There are some people who were temp banned, but not for their posts. In those cases it is mostly just curiosity that warrants me saying there should be a posted reason. However I agree that they are a private thing, I guess it’s fine the way it is after all.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!