Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll How would you improve voting in itembuildr?
Poll: What would be the best way to improve itembuildr?
You must be logged in to vote.

Cruzader

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I have a problem with the quickness of of downvoting in itembuildr. There are hardly any submissions left by the time I get around to looking at them.

I’m wondering if anyone else has a better idea to improve the system? None of the ideas in the poll are really mine, I just collected them from some recent threads.

With such a short voting period and all votes starting at once, it’s kinda different from forumbuildr so I think that the voting should probably be different from forumbuildr in some ways.

Or maybe it just need a little more time to get the right rhythm going for it. Any thoughts?

roflzors

Avatar: 88382 Mon Dec 22 16:43:13 -0500 2008

[Island of Avalon]

Level 36 Emo Kid

DEADfine upstanding member of societyBABI ES

By the time I got around to voting on the image submissions, there was only 1 left. I really think that the threshold at which submissions get removed should be lowered in itembuildr.

Shroomsday

Level 61 Camwhore

“Sergeant Slutter”

The downvoting is fairly open to the usual ‘abuse’ that goes on with all buildr stuff. The image that’s currently solo winning the itembuildr was almost voted off early on, while some others were voted up.

Easiest thing seems to be to put the removal votes much lower (and by lower, I mean -15 or such), or to just scrap getting rid of entries. Makes it easier to vote later on but by then, you’ll probably have lost lots of good entries for dull ones, just because they were downvoted to remove the competition. It won’t fix things completely (people’ll still rally up support for theirs) but it’ll help level things a bit.

Shroomsday edited this message on 03/26/2009 7:27AM

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I honestly don’t see the point of having downvoting at all.

Would “Up” and “Pbum” really result in much worse granularity than Up/Pbum/Down? I mean, the one that the most people like is going to win anyway… what’s the point of having downvotes?

(I would also like to see downvoting removed in forumbuildr).

Scary_Retard-
_6

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I’ve posted this elsewhere, but how about a “trash bin” page where we could browse the -5 or worse pictures. Any upvotes gained in the “trash bin” would not gain chocolate scoops, and the vote score would need to get back up to 0 to be plucked out of the bin.

Mommy Raped -
Me

Level 27 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

I would also like to remove downvoting completely. Raising the limit of downvotes needed just puts off inevitability.

The Unknown -
Comic

Avatar: 95506 Tue Dec 09 09:40:49 -0500 2008

[Gimmick Alts and R-
ole-Players Local -
Union 352
]

Level 2 Re-Re

I'M AWESOME APPRECIATE ME PLZ

Comedically sarcastic reply!

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

there’s been a lot of people who request the removal of downvoting. I remain firmly entrenched in the “Leave it” category. There’s a lot of subs every round, and most are awful.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I think that eliminating submissions at -5 in itembuildr is unnecessary. That’s done in forumbuildr to keep the submissions at a manageable level for voting as people continue to submit throughout the week. But since the itembuildr submissions are all done at once so that the pile of voteable items never grows and are limited to one per alt, I see no point in eliminating them at all, at least while the number of total submissions is as low as it is.

guest42

[Bargain Drug Wareh-
ouse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

At least, eliminating them in the very permanent manner they are eliminated now seems excessive. They could drop from regular voting, but when presented with two options, I think a lot of people would like to be able to vote some of the discarded ideas ‘out of the trash’ so to speak.

Fortunato is right, though. There are a lot of bad entries that should be eliminated. We may not agree entirely on which ones they are, but there are probably a decent number which we would all agree should be.

guest42 edited this message on 03/26/2009 9:18PM

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

I honestly don’t see the point of having downvoting at all.

Would “Up” and “Pbum” really result in much worse granularity than Up/Pbum/Down? I mean, the one that the most people like is going to win anyway… what’s the point of having downvotes?

(I would also like to see downvoting removed in forumbuildr).

This.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

It’s true there are bad ones, but I think when the voting started yesterday, there were about 70 total submissions. Given that a lot of them can be viewed per page and that the better-voted ones move up to be viewed sooner anyway, I don’t think going through that many is a big deal. But dropping them out at something like -10 would work too.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Im not sure what voting is like, I kept hearing only one submission was alive.. then I found out it was mine. I’ll have to see the quality vs. downvoting next voting round.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!