Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Video Games Thoughts on the Xenosaga franchise.

DmechaD

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I was curious what people’s thoughts were of this 3 game series for the Playstation 2. I liked all three games, but preferred the last game over all the rest since I felt it solved many of the problems of the first 2 games. Xenogears will eventually be mentioned in this discussion, and that is fine, but its not really a part of this series even though they all would’ve been connected if it wasn’t for Square and Namco bickering. I look forward to reading your opinions. Log in to see images!

The Unknown -
Comic

Avatar: 95506 Tue Dec 09 09:40:49 -0500 2008

[Gimmick Alts and R-
ole-Players Local -
Union 352
]

Level 2 Re-Re

I'M AWESOME APPRECIATE ME PLZ

It’s like watching a movie where sometimes you have to push bumons. But there’s no reason to push the bumons because the characters aren’t compelling.

DmechaD

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

The Unknown Comic Posted:

It’s like watching a movie where sometimes you have to push bumons. But there’s no reason to push the bumons because the characters aren’t compelling.

Yes, the long cut-scenes were a problem that plagued the game, most notably with the first installment. With the second game, I swear, if I skipped all the cut-scenes, game would’ve been over in 20 hours. As far as compelling characters go, I’d halfway agree and halfway disagree. The series was intended to last longer, so, hopefully, more development would’ve happened over time, but our characters for the most part stayed the way they were. Momo was one dimensionally cute, ziggy was an android, albedo was a psycho with really no motivation, and shion got all wet at the sight of her dead fiance. That shion bit in ep3 was annoying. This was in contrast with Xenogears where all our characters are given depth. Perhaps this is what happens when there is only one game and everything has to be tied up as opposed to a series with recurring characters where the writer(s) go “well, we’ll get around to motivation later.” That being said, I still liked Xenosaga III the most. Probably because its problems didn’t cause a drag in the game play as the other 2 games. Any thoughts on battle system for instance?

DmechaD edited this message on 03/24/2009 9:24PM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Yeah I tried playing one of those it once upon a time (forgot which) but it was unplayable

KaaVink

Avatar: 60693 Tue Oct 28 11:07:23 -0400 2008

[SRSLY]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I haven’t played XSIII yet, so I can’t comment on that.

Overall, it’s definitely a series that contains a lot of good ideas and a lot of bad ones. I’ll admit that I also got bored during some of the over-long cutscenes.

And I know that XSII’s battle system does get a lot of flak for being “overly complicated”, but I actually liked it. I liked having to plan several turns ahead of time to be able to pull off a huge elemental chain. Though the Global Samaritan sidequests ****ed me off tremendously with their glorified fetch quest approach.

I guess I’ll need to play XSIII to eventually get the full picture.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!