Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay Itembuildr is broken

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

Guys, this is not even funny. I won 2 itembuildr images in a row getting the ridiculous amount of chocolate scoops (mods, you can probably calculate the total amount, it’d be nice to have the exact insane number).

The problem is simple:

Log in to see images! The number of image submission for itembuildr is surprisingly low, 10-15 a round.

Log in to see images! Most of the time it requires both good web search knowledge and PS skills to make an itembuildr image, so basically we have 10-12 completely irrelevant submissions and only 2-3 upvote worthy.

Log in to see images! The result is predictable – every other submission gets downvoted really quick leaving the winner reaping unchallenged rewards.

Log in to see images! Even worse, new players tend to click almost every possible link so they always upvote the winner, because it takes only 1 second. Same happens in forumbuildr, but at least everyone has a possibility to make a challenging submission anytime.

Log in to see images! Even if miracle would happen and two good submissions compete, the result is still shaky, because it not a rocket science to downvote the rival with illegal alts for the sweet prize of over 60 scoops.

This is completely unbalanced. Please, remove the scoop rewards for itembuildr and simply make two forumbuildr-like peens. That’d be more than enough.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Why why would you remove scoop for itembuildr.

It makes no sense to remove it. Chocolate scoop rewards creativity and itembuildr is part of that.

Anyway now that you’ve made this thread more people will try.

Inertia edited this message on 03/24/2009 4:42AM

Inconnu

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

Inertia Posted:

Now that you’ve made this thread more people will try.

This is the rare situation when I’ll agree with you Log in to see images!

Inconnu

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

Oh, and it’s still says “You Received 5 votes on a ForumBuildr contribution!” instead of Itembuildr.

Andy_Dextruss

Avatar: 50228 Wed Apr 08 07:39:40 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 37 Troll

Orgasm changer who shoots rays through computer screens

Inconnu Posted:

Oh, and it’s still says “You Received 5 votes on a ForumBuildr contribution!” instead of Itembuildr.

And it doesn’t affect your buildr score. Log in to see images!

Aristrofl

Avatar: 143382 Fri Mar 20 18:13:55 -0400 2009

[League of Internet-
Superheroes
]

Level 33 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

*reads the rest of the posts*

Sigh. Never mind.

Aristrofl edited this message on 03/24/2009 1:52PM

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

It’s too early to make a fair determination about whether or not this is ‘broken’.

Heck, I don’t think we’ve even received confirmation that this is intentional or not.

Father Wendi-
go

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Acid Flux Posted:

It’s too early to make a fair determination about whether or not this is ‘broken’.

Heck, I don’t think we’ve even received confirmation that this is intentional or not.

We have, however, received conformation that the people voting on submissions have either terrible taste and/or poor decision making skills. Log in to see images! Father Wendigo edited this message on 03/24/2009 6:13PM

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Father Wendigo Posted:

We have, however, received conformation that the people voting on submissions have either terrible taste and poor decision making skills. Log in to see images!

I disagree. Many of the winning submissions have been clever & funny.

Granted, the Item Description ‘My Dead Girlfriend Tattoo’ was exceptionally brilliant, but the others have been pretty good, too.

Father Wendi-
go

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Acid Flux Posted:

I disagree. Many of the winning submissions have been clever & funny.

Granted, the Item Description ‘My Dead Girlfriend Tattoo’ was exceptionally brilliant, but the others have been pretty good, too.

I beg to differ – I’ll give you that the punchline to the Dead GF Tattoo was funny, but the setup was more wooden than preteen who just learned about profanity. People either don’t seem to be putting much effort into making ****, or strive for cheap, tired ****. And don’t get me started on the Dragon Balls (I’m wondering if it will even last due to the whole copyright issue).

If it’s not another issue, I have to ask: is the electorate honestly that braindead?

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Father Wendigo Posted:

I beg to differ – I’ll give you that the punchline to the Dead GF Tattoo was funny, but the setup was more wooden than preteen who just learned about profanity. People either don’t seem to be putting much effort into making ****, or strive for cheap, tired ****. And don’t get me started on the Dragon Balls (I’m wondering if it will even last due to the whole copyright issue).

If it’s not another issue, I have to ask: is the electorate honestly that braindead?

Copyright infringement is rife in this entire website. What you don’t get about copyright is that parody is protected. If you use even a substantial amount of a copyrighted work in a parodic manner it’s fair use.

So don’t worry about that. I personally liked the Dragon Balls. Better than the other top few submissions.

As far as it being ‘broken’ I don’t know. I think that an easy way to fix it would be to make it so if only one item is left in a category that voting is frozen and you can no longer upvote it, since it’s automatic winner.

Father Wendi-
go

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Shii Posted:

Copyright infringement is rife in this entire website. What you don’t get about copyright is that parody is protected. If you use even a substantial amount of a copyrighted work in a parodic manner it’s fair use.

Saiyantology is parody. Flat out stating Dragon Balls is just Goddamned lazy.

Father Wendigo edited this message on 03/24/2009 7:06PM

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Father Wendigo Posted:

I beg to differ – I’ll give you that the punchline to the Dead GF Tattoo was funny, but the setup was more wooden than preteen who just learned about profanity.

Which was exactly the intent, and that’s why it made the punchline funnier. The setup was the straight man to the zinger ending.

Father Wendigo Posted:

Saiyantology is parody. Flat out stating Dragon Balls is just Goddamned lazy.

I’ll agree on that point. There was a definite missed opportunity to lampoon Draginz or Yiffys in general:

Complete Set of Seven Draginz Ballz, for example, might have made for a slightly better title.

However, CrinkzPipe won fair & square, and this is what the players chose, and the game is here for the mbumes, not just the 1% ‘elite’ of us that post in Flamebate.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

I do admit my submission could of been better to fit the site. But I only spent like 20 seconds making it thinking that it would get instantly down voted to -5 and another submission left to win. Like it or not it won, even I’m surprised.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 03/24/2009 10:08PM

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

I think it’s a good submission, and fits well into existing FWZ lore. Even my own submission, I’m sure I could tweak it here and there a bit to improve it.

In the end, it appealed to enough of the mbumes to get voted in.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

If ET wishes to try and avoid the subject of copyrighted material completely. He can go ahead and change it to Draginz Ballz because I do admit it’s a lot better and fits better in with the forum.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

If ET wishes to try and avoid the subject of copyrighted material completely. He can go ahead and change it to Draginz Ballz because I do admit it’s a lot better and fits better in with the forum.

I strongly support Draginz Ballz or something like that. Maybe tubmail Trout and ask him if it’s possible?

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Shii Posted:

I strongly support Draginz Ballz or something like that. Maybe tubmail Trout and ask him if it’s possible?

Trying this now.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

OMG changing it to Draginz Ballz would have made my submission wayyyyyyyyyyy different than what I submitted. Craptarts Log in to see images!

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Fingerz Posted:

OMG changing it to Draginz Ballz would have made my submission wayyyyyyyyyyy different than what I submitted. Craptarts Log in to see images!

You can always change it, if it gets approved.

Timing will be of the essence, however.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!